'anti-diving' wristbands

S

smango

MANCHESTER United skipper Roy Keane says "diving" has become a Premiership blight.

And the 33 year-old Republic of Ireland international says it would be a good idea to "start wearing wristbands for anti-diving".

Keane is becoming increasingly irritated by the number of players collapsing to the ground under no, or minimal, contact.

He was a victim at Highbury earlier this month when he pulled out of a penalty-box tackle on Ashley Cole, only for the England defender to go down anyway, an incident that left Keane bemused.

"I wasn't quite sure what he was up to," Keane told the official Manchester United magazine.

"If I had known, I might have reacted differently. Before the game there was all this stuff about anti-racism and anti-bullying. It would be a good idea to start wearing wristbands for anti-diving.

"It's not just about foreign players because Ashley Cole is English but it's something that has crept into the Premiership.

"Players are going down far too easily and it seems to be getting worse."

Keane also knows he is likely to face a greater degree of gamesmanship in next Wednesday's Champions League game with AC Milan at Old Trafford.

Having famously missed the 1999 final victory over Bayern Munich through suspension, Keane is running out of time to earn a "legitimate" winner's medal from European football's most prestigious club competition.

The statistics suggest Keane may have had more success if he had accepted one of the many offers to move to La Liga or Serie A down the years.

As it is, he appears certain to see out his days at Old Trafford, either at the end of his contract in 2006 or a year afterwards.

And while the pre-eminent midfielder of his generation would have enjoyed the challenge of life abroad, staying with United is not something which gives him cause for regret.

"It wasn't about the money," he said.

"United had been very good to me in that respect. It was more a question of testing myself.

"I had a dilemma at the time. I had been at United six or seven years, done fairly well in the team and I was quite happy at the time.

"It wasn't just the football but the way of life that appealed. But my children were another consideration. I don't ever regret staying, although I do like watching Italian and Spanish football."

What a joke, how is diving anywhere near equal to racism?

... im sure it was a joke

Soccernet said:
The Manchester United skipper was half joking as he made his observation but there is no doubt Keane is becoming increasingly irritated by the number of players collapsing to the ground under no, or minimal, contact.

-fb

Daryl if you produce one, I will purchase it. In a stance against the wrist band craze.

walsh_daryl said:
they should make a "anti-wristband" band there are so many now they are getting on my nerves they look so tacky!![/Q]

already been done there called "liveWrong" and there black and that my friends is Fact

b7_1_b.JPG

Its already here mates,all thanks to Keano! LoL! Its red,just like how i guessed it.Let The Bidding Begin!! Bid here!

There cheap too and they ship world wide. It will end up costing me around 15 dollars.

Back
Top Bottom