Any Old members playing PES5 PC??

Coopz

Retired Footballer
27 April 2002
I was just wondering if any members who i played during the PES4 evo-web league are still playing on the PC version?

I wanna play some people i know, i have played about 15 games and lost only 1 so Kez, Classic, Foxtrot, Elite ect ect let me know so i can add u to my friends list

peace out :)

Sorry mate, got it for the Xbox this year and you need the proper version to play the PC one online. I'm probably gonna pick up the PSP one this month, and I can't justify buying the game three times!

Foxy and Elite have deffo got the PC one I know that.

You can find me still kicking around. I never reached the Dizzy heights
of the premiership in the old evo-web league.

Played foxtrot recently and beat him 2-1 in our first Auld Firm game. Neil Lennon winner if I remember correctly.

Then he beat me 4 times in a row :-(

See u online.

Cheers
Shooto

Thats a shame Classic becuase there is still a grudge i hold agaist u for beating me. A Lag free game would have settled the scores :)

Shooto ill look out for ya

I'm gonna switch sides by the end of the week, meaning I'm gonna sell my PS2 version and get the PC one instead.

My PS2 modchip is doing my head, I'm not able to play online with a patched version and I really, really miss having real kits in the game...sniff.

I dont know if I count but I still play the PC version.
But started the World Cup tourny last year and got pretty far so I still play occasionally.

So you can add me.

Kezz said:
I'm gonna switch sides by the end of the week, meaning I'm gonna sell my PS2 version and get the PC one instead.

My PS2 modchip is doing my head, I'm not able to play online with a patched version and I really, really miss having real kits in the game...sniff.

You can't disable it? I now have swap magic and a slide card to be able to play a patched PES5 online. It's looking good when people play as Man Utd and Brazil etc.

I haven't been playing the PC version much because of the controls. A lot of people are saying that it's the fault of the PS2 to PC converter. Is there a PC pad available that is almost an exact replica of the PS2 pad?

Last edited:
I use the PS2 pad convertor from play, and I have no problem what so ever with controls. The controls feel the same as the PS2 version.

foxtrot said:
You can't disable it? I now have swap magic and a slide card to be able to play a patched PES5 online. It's looking good when people play as Man Utd and Brazil etc.

I haven't been playing the PC version much because of the controls. A lot of people are saying that it's the fault of the PS2 to PC converter. Is there a PC pad available that is almost an exact replica of the PS2 pad?

Hey Foxy,

Unfortunately, my chip doesn't have any sort of "stealth mode" or things like that. So once I disable it, backups won't boot at all. When it's activated, I won't get past the DNAS check even though I patched my backup properly. Sometimes I don't even get past that check when booting my original version. One thing I could still try is using HD Advance and thus booting the patched game off my HD. As far as I know I could do that while having my chip deactivated. Or am I wrong with that theory? I don't wanna use a slide card because I fear it might ruin my PS2 sooner than later.

Anyway, gonna need to check the PC's control response first because I also use a converter. Guess I should better be doing that before buying it, thanks for that reminder :D

ClassicD said:
Pretty sure you can't play any game online from the HD Kezz.
I think the HD Loader disables the network adapter. Not sure though.

As for the problem with PS2 pads on the PC, your only choice is to buy a PC pad cuz (and I'm surprised many havent noticed) the PS2 to PC convertor isnt responsive enough. At first I thought it could be a fault with my equipment but my mate had the same problem. And to confirm what I thought was the problem, if you go to Game Controllers in the Control Panel, and then go to the properties of your pad, try pressing any of the face buttons really fast and you'll notice that some button presses wont register. This is where the problems begin. If you're like me who strings a lot of one touch passes and first time shots, some button presses wont happen.
One thing to note is that I've only used the convertors from Play.com so others might be different. I think I might buy other brands to test cuz a PS2 pad is miles better than most PC pads. The main advantage of a PC pad for me was that its more responsive and does exactly what you pressed for. THe only problem I have with them is that more or less all pads come with those 8 way dpads which can be very annoying when you accidently run at an angle when you wanted to go straight.

yeah i still play.. pity the old evo league did not keep going... some people you just cant rely on tho.. would be good to start a new one up

When having response problems with a converter you should check the quality of the converter. I used to use the Play.com which has only the slightest delay. I replaced it when I wanted to play 2 player DDR games on the PC (good after a drunk night out at uni). The response on the play.com was almost none anyway. But the product I replaced it with was about 2 years ago from lik-sang.

It's a 4-way multi-tap from lik-sang that is produced specifically for Dance games originally. It has different setting for enabling Dance mat and enabling the Analogue stick. Main point is that as it was intended for dance games the response is not recognisable at all.

It's actually made by a small Korean company. It's called Super Joybox 5

BTW I remember that world cup. I still remember my frustrating match against ClassicD in the group stages. Damn South Africa.

Last edited:
I was impressed that I've had this almost 2 years and from the image it hasn't changed at all. Shows quality when they don't NEED to be changed.

I think I'll get that one too. But I just spent about £60 on 3 PC pads so I think I'll have to wait a bit.

I use a Ps2 convertor from play and my 70% winning ratio says there no problems ;)

Back
Top Bottom