anyone played scaryice online?

desiasx

Non-League
2 July 2004
Hi, I played scaryice online today, ranked 22nd, but what impressed me was his playing style. He is by far the best WE9 player ive seen because the way he played. He even saw me coming behind or from the side of him and he turned around and shielded the ball from me(u know the shielding u can do when u get a throw in and u dont do anything). I played him twice and he beat me 2-1 the first game and then I wont the 2nd game 1-0, just wondering if anyone else have played him and if the quality of the top 20 players online are like that.

I think I played him before but I can't remember his playing style. What you described is what makes the online experience so great IMO. You have to try to figure out your opponent and counter his/her style.

Yea I played him 2wice. Beat him 2-1 Colombia vs Korea. and I THINK we tied the next match. He is nice but with the rankings they have online its hard to see who REALLY is the best. If i played 5 min matches with Brazil each time I might be placed pretty high. But thats just weak and pathetic so I play with as many teams as I can.

I havent played him or heard of him, I played Saudi once, who was ranked 8th at one point, I think he stopped playin for a while so hes ranked lower now. We only played one game, and I almost beat him he scored on me right at the end, so we tied. He's very good.

Haven't played this guy. But, will look out for him.

Also, does anyone know how to shield the ball in this game? WE9 US Version. What are the button combinations/commands?

Thanks!
JF

jflores said:
Haven't played this guy. But, will look out for him.

Also, does anyone know how to shield the ball in this game? WE9 US Version. What are the button combinations/commands?

Thanks!
JF

Shielding = don't push anything -> it's mostly automatic and depends on body position.

desiasx said:
Hi, I played scaryice online today, ranked 22nd, but what impressed me was his playing style. He is by far the best WE9 player ive seen because the way he played. He even saw me coming behind or from the side of him and he turned around and shielded the ball from me(u know the shielding u can do when u get a throw in and u dont do anything). I played him twice and he beat me 2-1 the first game and then I wont the 2nd game 1-0, just wondering if anyone else have played him and if the quality of the top 20 players online are like that.

I guess you are scaryice... :-k you have to be a big fan of him to start a hole new thread :S

so what was his playing style? thats the main thing and it wasnt even explained.

bummy_jab said:
Yea I played him 2wice. Beat him 2-1 Colombia vs Korea. and I THINK we tied the next match. He is nice but with the rankings they have online its hard to see who REALLY is the best. If i played 5 min matches with Brazil each time I might be placed pretty high. But thats just weak and pathetic so I play with as many teams as I can.

Yo bummy_jab, I really want to play you online. My username is Jaspar, and my ranking isn't that great. However, I have beaten Div 1 players, I think I just need to play more.

If I see you online, let's play!

his playing style was no running, and stopping everything i had, he would never give me a chance for a thru ball, when i tried it, he would take his player in between and start a counter attack, he mostly, he would have ALOT of room to play when he had the ball, would pass it backwards and lure me out of my half and then just play the ball thru my players, also plays alot of long balls and he hits them perfectly everytime...

what was his formation? did he use two very wide wingers by any chance?

I played him last night 2 games.. and unfortunately lost both of them..due to my own stupidity even he admits it. First game he (Portugal) vs me (Croatia) .. he beats me 1 - 0 owngoal.. 2nd game beats me 2-1 .. I had really good chances of winning but the ball would just not go IN..got me so fukin' mad that I just couldn't even play anymore but he is very good and smart player. Very tough to defend and knows how to split the defence well.

RuneEdge: yes when he was playing with PSV against me he had 2 wide wingers, but thats the default formation of PSV though, aint it?

I've played him as well at least once recently and i remember i lost 4-2. Needless to say he played as Arsenal.

He kept touting me after every goal somethine like "Another one in the good 'ol bag" or sumthin lol and once again needless to say when you beat me as Arsenal with 3 strikers, I'm not really impressed.

Needless to say: scaryice, whatever, next.

HAHAH funny yeah.. he plays good but I don't think half of these people who are ranked in top 30 would know how to play with loq quality teams except jumbo. The man can play you with the worst fkin team nat. or a club one chances are he'll win. I don't think scaryice would beat me with West Ham United or Everton.

Whats wrong with someone playing three strikers as Arsenal?

I played a guy yesterday who picked Juve and proceeded to play 4 strikers. Now before the game kicked off I thought, this is gonna be tough, as all I was using was the default Udinese formation which as some of you will know is a 3-5-2. So it was my 3 CB's up against 4 strikers, Zlatan, Mutu, Del Piero and Nedved who was a SS on the right.
Unfortunately for me both Di Michele and Iaquinta were on Blue arrows so scoring for me was gonna be a challenge, I did however have most of the game and stopped him from scoring, even from having too many decent chances, all with my humble backline of 3 players.
I wanted a rematch but the cock left right after the game, still each to their own. Four strikers may have worked wonders in PES4 online, but those guys will realise soon enough that if you come up against a decent defender, it aint gonna work now! ;)

Dar said:

I played a guy yesterday who picked Juve and proceeded to play 4 strikers. Now before the game kicked off I thought, this is gonna be tough, as all I was using was the default Udinese formation which as some of you will know is a 3-5-2. So it was my 3 CB's up against 4 strikers, Zlatan, Mutu, Del Piero and Nedved who was a SS on the right.
Unfortunately for me both Di Michele and Iaquinta were on Blue arrows so scoring for me was gonna be a challenge, I did however have most of the game and stopped him from scoring, even from having too many decent chances, all with my humble backline of 3 players.
I wanted a rematch but the cock left right after the game, still each to their own. Four strikers may have worked wonders in PES4 online, but those guys will realise soon enough that if you come up against a decent defender, it aint gonna work now! ;)

The point is people who seem to have high rankins don't know how to play football.. why is that ?? because they play with Argentina, Brazil, AC Milan, Arsenal, Barcelona etc.. do you see guys online Game Results people playing Brazil vs Brazil or AC Milan ws Argentina.. its stupid.

Skilled players prefer to play UEFA Cup football style..

johan said:
because they play with Argentina, Brazil, AC Milan, Arsenal, Barcelona etc.. do you see guys online Game Results people playing Brazil vs Brazil or AC Milan ws Argentina.. its stupid.

So what?

Let them do what they want. I'll still pick Udinese mainly, or Villareal or Fiorentina or Middlesborough etc... I dont give a shit what people up the top of the rankings do, I dont play it enough online for them to matter to me, I'll challenge who I want and I'll play my game, let them play theirs. If they want to pick Brazil all the time then fine, I'll pick France and I'll beat them, repeatedly. If they pick a club then I'll just pick Udinese and show them how a lower ranked team can still show up a mediocre player with a team of stars at their disposal.

People like that picking the great teams over and over actually make the online experience even more entertaining for me, as I absolutely LOVE beating them! I also love the anticipation of playing them when you know they're sitting there expecting a walkover because they have Henry or Shevchenko etc... :mrgreen:

Dar said:

Henry has a speed of what.. 95? An attack of 98, technique of 95, shooting of 95, etc. He's pretty much the best striker in the game.

Then you have an equally fast reyes, van persie, liunberg on the wings and it becomes a thru-ball fest.

You can't stop that. With an averge back line that I have in Olympiacos or Ajax, you just can't.

It's hard to enough to play Arsenal period simply because of Henry alone. Against Milan or any other team like that, yeah,

Then again, I have no right to tell anyone what to do. It comes down to sportsmanship. The satisfaction of beating someone like that is too good.

Of course you can stop them. It may require to play a slightly different style to one you would like, but thats part of the fun of the game I think. As I said in another post in here, I stopped someone playing four strikers for Juve with only the three CB's of Udinese.

If they're prepared to play 3 upfront with Arsenal, then I'm fully prepared to aggresively man mark and play deep. If you cant match the pace of the players, then make it worthless. :)

Dar said:
Of course you can stop them. It may require to play a slightly different style to one you would like, but thats part of the fun of the game I think. As I said in another post in here, I stopped someone playing four strikers for Juve with only the three CB's of Udinese.

If they're prepared to play 3 upfront with Arsenal, then I'm fully prepared to aggresively man mark and play deep. If you cant match the pace of the players, then make it worthless. :)

Seriously bro.. don't take this the wrong way but I'd love to see you beat me with your Udinese or Fiorentina as I play with Arsenal or Ac Milan..

Too bad you're in Europe..

That is too bad, cause thats the attitude a lot of people have who pick those teams.
I've rarely come accross one that can back up that attitude and actually outplay me. Sure if they're a good player then they should be able to and maybe you would, who knows, but it wouldn't be as easy as you think. If your attitude in your post is anything to go by, then I can tell you already that you'd be in for a surprise. WE/PES aint all about the better stats, its about knowing the game and playing smartly. Thats why I love to use Udinese as they're a decent side, not great, but I know the players so well now that I know the strengths and weaknesses of them.

Anyone that brazenly thinks they're gonna get a walkover just because they pick an all star team obviously hasn't got the experience in PES/WE that their attitude seems to portray. ;)
I may not beat them, but if I play for a draw from the start, then they'll find it extremely hard to beat me. Most goals scored online are counter attacks and set pieces, well the counter attacks can be controlled quite easily by even the worst of teams if they play negatively. :lol:

Dar said:
That is too bad, cause thats the attitude a lot of people have who pick those teams.
I've rarely come accross one that can back up that attitude and actually outplay me. Sure if they're a good player then they should be able to and maybe you would, who knows, but it wouldn't be as easy as you think. If your attitude in your post is anything to go by, then I can tell you already that you'd be in for a surprise. WE/PES aint all about the better stats, its about knowing the game and playing smartly. Thats why I love to use Udinese as they're a decent side, not great, but I know the players so well now that I know the strengths and weaknesses of them.

Anyone that brazenly thinks they're gonna get a walkover just because they pick an all star team obviously hasn't got the experience in PES/WE that their attitude seems to portray. ;)
I may not beat them, but if I play for a draw from the start, then they'll find it extremely hard to beat me. Most goals scored online are counter attacks and set pieces, well the counter attacks can be controlled quite easily by even the worst of teams if they play negatively. :lol:

1 out of 100 games MAYBE 3 times I play as Arsenal. Ask ppl that play me.

I dont care how many times you pick them, I wasn't talking about you initially anyway so I'm not sure why you took it personally. :)

Whoever pick pick is no skin off my nose, I'll stick to who I enjoy playing with either way.

The main thing I have that my opponent doesn't is the element of surpise. I mean as you'll know, if your opponent picks Arsenal, you already know what to expect. You know the danger men and you know what to be wary of. Can you tell me who the danger players are for Udinese? what to look out for? who to stop playing to quiet them down? Thats the beauty of knowing and using a so called "weaker" team. They still have quality, it's just most of the morons that only pick Brazil etc... dont have a clue who they are. ;)

Dar said:
I dont care how many times you pick them, I wasn't talking about you initially anyway so I'm not sure why you took it personally. :)

Whoever pick pick is no skin off my nose, I'll stick to who I enjoy playing with either way.

The main thing I have that my opponent doesn't is the element of surpise. I mean as you'll know, if your opponent picks Arsenal, you already know what to expect. You know the danger men and you know what to be wary of. Can you tell me who the danger players are for Udinese? what to look out for? who to stop playing to quiet them down? Thats the beauty of knowing and using a so called "weaker" team. They still have quality, it's just most of the morons that only pick Brazil etc... dont have a clue who they are. ;)

Right, but remember something..not only YOU are the one with superior skills.. you may be good but again I'd really like to see your Udinese defender.. stop Henry 1 on 1 esp. when running forward..thats why Jumbo said his stats..

Back
Top Bottom