• Note for new users: Please keep your posts English or we will delete them. There's a "No English?" area in our Editing sub-forum for those who prefer writing in their native language.
  • Site maintenance info: We got rid of the "Patches and Option Files" area and moved all threads from 2020 to their corresponding subs in the Editing area. Let me know if you're missing a thread or face any other issues related to this move. /Tom

Anyone playing on a wireless connection?

cregser

La Liga
8 March 2004
Dublin
Is anyone here on a WiFi LAN playing PES5 online?

A friend who lives down the road from me is on a wireless connection at home and we get terrible lag whilst playing online. It cycles through being a good connection to extremely laggy every minute or so. I know his NAT settings are not set up perfectly and there might be some other issues, but has anyone experienced problems with games online over WiFi?

Cheers.

D

doctor_Evil_2nd

sounds typical of wireless connection, will never be as good as a wired one. Signal strength is where i would start looking.

Roger_McLitty

Non-League
18 January 2003
Yeah I have the same problem with my Wireless connection on a Centrino laptop, the connection is awful. Installed my old WiFi PCMCIA card and now it works fine.

J

jayrob

Same here. I play through wireless connection with centrino and the lag is awful. Im just looking to sort out a wired one now by using a RJ45 Straight Network Cable from my router to my laptop. Hopefully that should do the trick

J

jayrob

Well after buying the RJ45 Straight Network Cable and connecting my laptop up directly to my router i havent had any lag whatsoever and neither have my oppents.Def the best way to go if you dont mind having a wire running from your router to your laptop and by far the cheapest. The cable only cost me about £3.50 :D

Top Bottom