Anyone remember ISS 2000 career mode?

Rammstone

League 2
6 June 2005
Norway
Blackburn
If anyone can remember on ISS 2000 on N64 there was this thing called "Career mode" where you made yourself and was a teenager who wanted to be a football star. Alot of crazy things happened throughout the story, depending on what you chose to do. This concept of a football game, is brilliant if you ask me so I just wanted to know if anyone know about similar games? The only one I know of is New Star Soccer 3 but I got sick of that quite fast.

I heard about a game called "soccerlife"..

unfortunately I only managed to find the official site of the game, that is in Italian language.. soccerlife.it

there you can find also some screenshots of the game.. Honestly, It's not all that good according to the screenshots (such a poor graphics, for example) but maybe is similar to the one you're looking for!!

I'll translate you the most important features then (this is the "SOCCERLIFE" page of the site):
- start from a local team and prove your skills
- go abroad for training
- contract proposal from two big europeans club: become a pro
- meet your future wife
- marry her and comeback in great condition
- the birth of a son increases your skills and your motivation
- you play the european championships, watched by your family
- you decide to retire and become a manager
- your son starts from a local team (etc.. etc.. etc..)

Last edited:
This was a great mode. I remember becoming a star with stats of 99 and you could have special abilities depending the way you played.
And you could date girls :mrgreen:. It was really good and hard at the beginning when you played with poor players. You really had to fight hard in order to win.

I have to try again, where is my N64 !!!

tuta77 said:
This was a great mode. I remember becoming a star with stats of 99 and you could have special abilities depending the way you played.
And you could date girls :mrgreen:. It was really good and hard at the beginning when you played with poor players. You really had to fight hard in order to win.

I have to try again, where is my N64 !!!

Yeah exactly thats my point. This concept of a game is class. Why the hell havent anyone done anything with it? :/

I have that game Soccer Life.
For me it´s pretty disappointing

You don't play the game...you just watch some highlights and some times you have to press the right button at right time...and depending of what you've done you'll have a good header, or a good shot, depends on the situation.....There aren't maaany different ones.

It's quite difficult to have a place in the team, but that sounds very realistic.

The first problem i found is that we can't make our own player...there is a list of players you can "buy" (you have points, some players are expensive and can only be bought after havin success with other players).
One strange thing is that sometimes you seem like a player agent, bcuz you can have more than 1 player, and manage their life. Buy new players, etc.

The number of options is very small...About 5 girls, too few kinds of furniture, cars, etc. to buy...and the graphics are really crap. I mean, really crap for someone who is used to play WE.

In general, Soccer Life is a good game to see as curiosity...and u will have much fun for a week. Then you won't ever wanna touch it again. That is my feeling about it.

Soccer Life 2 was already released in Japan, in 2005. The european version of Soccer Life 1 came one year after the Nipponic release. So if there be an Euro version of Soccer Life 2, it may come near the end of this year.

The official site of the Japan release is www.sakarai.com

See ya ppl!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom