Anyone with a flat screen monitor

dkelsall10

League 2
16 December 2004
Stoke on Trent
Stoke City
Just wondering if any1 has problems with their's. Just had one and when long balls are played the screen wont focus in correctly. It is fine when running with the ball.

Have tried different resolutions and refresh rates. Any help appreciated

TFT monitors will never give you the same clarity as a CRT monitor for fast moving graphics, that's because they work with liquid crystals rather than a projection based CRT monitor.

http://www.pchardware.co.uk/monitors.php#crt

I got a 19 inch TFT for Christmas and am really happy with it since I do a lot with designing graphics but PES5 looks a little shaky around the edges.

Last edited:
LCD's are notorious for Ghosting (most noticeable when playing a long ball etc). Not too much of a problem when just running with the ball. The faster the response time, the less ghosting. The fastest response time LCD's (2-3ms) report to have virtually no ghosting. Most times though, you can get used to ghosting in the slower response time LCDs. There is no ghosting with CRT monitors.

I've got a Samsung Syncmaster 730BF with 4ms, many problems when playing games, I can only play games like FM...

I have got a 19" monitor with 8ms response time, 60Hz, no problems here, haven't really noticed any ghosting tbh.

I have 1 Acer AL2416W (24", 6ms) no probs..
my bro on his Samsung SyncMaster 320P (32", 8ms) no probs too
Although I prefer playing PES5 on my XBOX360 on the PDP-61MXE1(new 61" plasma), that's what I call nice :applause:

Just bought a Samsung SyncMaster 913N 19" TFT . I didnt really think there would be that much difference between that and my old 19" Hansol CRT . OMFG !!!! How wrong i was .Needless to say the TFT is going back and im sticking with my Hansol CRT . The difference is huge . If youve been used to playing PES on a CRT for the last 3 years then this was a huge shock to the system . This was an 8ms TFT , i know there are better out there but i think i`ll stay put for now .

Since a couple of months I have a Samsung syncmaster 930BF (4 miliseconds response time) and I've seen NO ghosting in any game (PES, GTR, GPL etc.)
Also I have a Acer with 12 miliseconds response time, on that monitor you
(I) can see ghosting.
So if you're gonna buy a TFT monitor buy one with a good response time.
It's a bit expensive, but if you buy a cheap screen, you'll gonna regret it.

EDIT:

On PSVFan comment:
I got a Nvidia GeForce 7800GT

Last edited:
And I think a good grafix card is recommended too, because I've got a Samsung 730BF 19" (4 ms) and I've got many problems.

My grafix card is a Nvidia GeForce FX 5200.

Got CMV 17", realize the ghosting thing, but get used to it.. So not a big problem for me since it is not that obvious.

sorry posting off topic :).... but does anyone know whats the difference between a LCD, monitor, plasma monitor and a HDTV??? if there is any that is....
thanx :)

studeep said:
sorry posting off topic :).... but does anyone know whats the difference between a LCD, monitor, plasma monitor and a HDTV??? if there is any that is....
thanx :)

LCD's (liquid crystal displays) and Plasma monitors are just 2 types of HDTV's. Other HDTV's include projection TV's (including DLPs) etc., and some people even use portable projectors for their high definition displays.

Plasma TV's are typically large screen and aren't available commercially for desktop use.

LCD's range in size from small screens (a few inches) to as large as some plasma TV's. LCD's are notorious for ghosting since the liquid crystals have to change configuration in order to allow the image to move on screen. The faster the response time, the less ghosting.

CRT monitors are the big old PC style displays, and unlike LCD's do not rely on crystals and so don't have any ghosting.

thanx man, looks like i'll be getting myself a plasma TV sometime soon :)........... thanks again

studeep said:
thanx man, looks like i'll be getting myself a plasma TV sometime soon :)........... thanks again

Glad to help. One more thing to consider though... Because of the way Plasma TV's make their image, they can suffer from a problem called "burn-in". This occurs if you pause the game or a DVD etc, and leave a static image on the screen for too long. It can become a longterm problem/artifact on your screen. If you search the internet you can find alot of info about it.

nokmond said:
my lg has a 8m/s response and its perfect. make sure its on 60hertz.
Same here :)

When u are buying a TFT just make sure it has a ms response time of 12 or better still 8

Also this applies to LCD tellies 8)

Back
Top Bottom