AppleSeed

ProEvo

Hatch Monkey
22 October 2001
On Some Island Somewhere
I got a viewing of the new 3-D, cel shaded movie yesterday and it was quite simply stunning, watching it gave me the same sort of feeling on my first viewing of Akira! It looks THAT groundbreaking!

The soundtrack was also on the money and the story was complex, but not in the same mind bending league as Ghost In The Shell 2!!;)

Anyone who likes their Anime should check this, I'm gonna have to give it another viewing sometime this week, Region 3 version available now (Looking forward to seeing how the Dub sums up!!)

as3.jpg

as.bmp

as1.bmp

I saw the trailer for this the other day over on Apple.com. It does look mighty impressive

My brother has the Jap version, I haven't watched it all because I obviously don't understand a word they are talking. However the opening sequence is just stunning, and I mean stunning. The animation and blend of 2D/3D is incredible, sure the 3D does stick out like sore thumb but I think that is intentional.

I'm looking forward to the UK Cinema release.

ReActor said:
My brother has the Jap version, I haven't watched it all because I obviously don't understand a word they are talking. However the opening sequence is just stunning, and I mean stunning. The animation and blend of 2D/3D is incredible, sure the 3D does stick out like sore thumb but I think that is intentional.

I'm looking forward to the UK Cinema release.

Any ideas when its out??

I gotta check it on the big screen!

ProEvo said:
Any ideas when its out??

I gotta check it on the big screen!
Appleseed UK Release Date: To Be Announced

A limited release by all accounts though...

A Press release from Manga Entertainment states that Appleseed will be released on DVD from the 22nd of July.

Best I can do

Doubt it'll get a wide cinema release in this country, if any at all.

Heard about it prior to it's cinema release in Asia last year, will have to check it out.

Back
Top Bottom