Are we too old for video games now?

VOTE:

• Video games are my life! Whats wrong with that?

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • I love playing games but don't care if your console is better than mine

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • I love video games but LIFE comes first

Votes: 16 61.5%
  • Video games? They were fun when I was 10! I am an adult now!

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters
Possibly the most hypocritical and contradictory thing I have ever read.

How dare you! :shock: I love you all! Jack is beautiful friend, I just worry about him.

Slightly odd asking this question on a message board about videogames. :)

Life clearly comes first. 5 weeks until my second child is born, slightly more important than gaming at the moment. However, it is my hobby and I really enjoy it when I have the time. I used to drink a lot and go to the pub a couple of times a week, not anymore, I've grown out of that. To me going out and getting absolutely hammered is more childish than staying in at home and playing a videogame. It is just my personal preference.

That's exactly why I still play Computer games. The things that go on in pubs and clubs seem to be infinetley more childish than an in-depth simulator game, for example.

Video games are a form of entertainment, as is watching a film or a sitcom. Some games are for kids, others not so.

Now that video games are also a very sociable thing to do with voice comms, multiplayer gaming etc, that effectively nullifies that whole 'sad loner' label IMO. Maybe not.

I had a feeling that you'd have pissed nights MrCoopz (reminds me of a bloke at college who used to piss himself laughing about how he'd go out, get drunk with his mates and regularly put themselves in wheelie bins and have races - I just find "drunken antics" totally and utterly pathetic, to be honest), but I'm saying nothing else, your life is your own. Booze floats your boat, games float mine.

I tell you what though i feel like shit today and trying to make my post make sense is very hard

oh and that last part you said makes me look like a alcoholic :)

while i am here i want to calculate how many drinks i had last night

1 bottle of Vodka before going out
7 Sambucas
4 pints
1 95% shot of something

after that i dont remember all i know is i have empty pockets

You're never too old for anything.

I play video games often even though I'm a few weeks shy of turning 26, though I don't play them as much as I used to because of other, more important things in life.

Whats wrong with being childish? I think alot more people should act childish - the world would be a better place!

I Like a drink with friends and family - I have fun. I like to look at sexy women aswell god damn it!!

But I also like games - although I do feel I am playing less and less as I get older - but life does get in the way - I got married last year and she needs a lot of attention! But I am very immature for my age and I like being silly and childish sometimes - That is my personality.

I do Envy people though that can go out and be sober all night and still have a laugh with people who are drunk. I need to have a drink when I go out and that is a bit sad - But what the Hell Britain has made me this way - by putting twelve pubs in every Street!!

But each to their own - as long as people are happy thats what matters.

Lol, Nowt wrong with getting pissed every now and then... My problem is the missus hates the thought of me getting pissed....

Dj

My missus thinks I'm better when I'm pissed. Is she trying to tell me something? :shock:

just a couple of quotations to reply. don't remember the exact words so they could be slightly different, but i do remember the sense.

“Childhood is measured out by sounds and smells and sights, before the dark hour of reason grows.”
John Betjeman

“When childhood dies, its corpses are called adults and they enter society, one of the politer names of hell. That is why we dread children, even if we love them, they show us the state of our decay.”
Brian W. Aldiss

“The things which the child loves remain in the domain of the heart until old age".
Kahlil Gibran

"the day i'll realize i've cut off with being childish, that day i'll realize i'm starting to die"
me

The last one is the best lo zio...i always suspected that you are a wise person, now i'm sure...

Wise?? :shock:
Maybe u meant to say childish !!! :mrgreen: :lol:

thanks Stan, u're one of the nicest persons on this forum.:)

Almost as nice as Gerd :mrgreen: :lol:

They are good aren't they...i thoroughly enjoy my piss bag too..who needs a penis when you can get a piss bag???

They are good aren't they...i thoroughly enjoy my piss bag too..who needs a penis when you can get a piss bag???

What about a number 2?

And I wouldn't give up my penis for all the Piss Bags in China!!

Well I really only need my balls - I like to play with them when I'm stressed. But they would miss the man meat.

If I was given the option I would reject the bag and keep my litt......I mean big Gentleman.

But each to their own I guess.

gaming is for any age now to be honest , they arn't toys anymore with todays consoles you will find alot more older people 35+ are getting 360/ ps3 to actually play them now . 6 years ago this wudnt of happend to the lack of realism and fun that was missing .

Back
Top Bottom