ARISE: a simple story (Game by an evo-web member)

It's going to be released on Epic Games Store for PC. I would highly recomend to play it with a game controller like dualshock4 or the Xbox One controller, something with two sticks, as the game makes use of both sticks and the analogic nature of them.

When?
Hopefully soon!
Can't wait to play it right after Detroit Become Human. Very different type of games, I know... but since there's SOUL and FEELING on boht games instead of shooting mechanics and murdering people, I think it would be nice to play one after the other.

Thank you man!

EDIT: Oh! It's already out on PC. Lovely! I'll buy it before the end of the year.

Last edited:
@drekkard , I think you should see this:

Wd6D9nO.png

It's from an italian forum I usually read, and it roughly translates into...

"I just finished Arise: a Simple Story:
it's wonderful, a gem of rare beauty, I'm crying like a child, you need to have a big big heart to bear and understand the ending"

The same user had this to say while he was playing:
"You won't shoot, you won't fight. You have no inventory, nor statistics of any kind: you can only let time flow forward, rewind it at will, or freeze it indefinitely.
These actions allow you to relive every season of our life, collecting memories, emotions and moments: joys and sorrows, victories and defeats. Everything relies on simple yet artistically effective graphics which are very well done, and on a soundtrack that has almost no contenders"

When I asked him if I could pass his impressions on to you, he said...
a0QKJ9B.png

"You can give him and everyone at Piccolo Studio every possible praise on my behalf, thank them for the emotions they made me feel and for the powerful message they intended to send with the game".

It looks like it's being received very well here, and I'm totally happy for you! 🤩

Thank you for that beautiful feedback! I speak Italian (love it) so I could understand them perfectly, they are so uplifting! Actually some of the best professional reviews for the game are from Italian websites, don't ask me why.

What we know about the game is that, for the people that connect emotionally, it works very deeply, we have witnessed many streamers crying and smiling at the end of the game, talking about it for some time, twitting us, emailing us... Some start talking about the emotions they experienced and other the stuff you find along the way. IT's so rewarding when you can witness that first hand!

Thank you for the message!

When?
Hopefully soon!
Can't wait to play it right after Detroit Become Human. Very different type of games, I know... but since there's SOUL and FEELING on boht games instead of shooting mechanics and murdering people, I think it would be nice to play one after the other.

Thank you man!

EDIT: Oh! It's already out on PC. Lovely! I'll buy it before the end of the year.

Yes, it is already available in the Epic Games store. Actually, all of you that plan to buy it should take profit of the current offer on the store. They give away a 10€ bonus for free, and they are doing huge discounts, so you can buy Arise practically for free and still have money for other games. Crazy.

The game is a bit demanding at times with jump skills. In PC we have already released a patch that casualizes gameplay a lot, I've seen people with very low skill progress through the game. Hardcore gamers won't notice the difference at all. The patch is still getting through certificates for consoles, which drives me mad because it's long processes to end up with a rejection for very absurd reasons (a wrong word in the description of a xml file for the german version, for example). Everything take too much time :(

Well, i've passed the Away level. In the end it is another wonderful and clever level.
It certainly isn't too difficult. I did something wrong andwhen i had learned how to do that, all went well (some fantastic ways of playing with time that really are satisfying: the old man on a roch that is coming down, reversing time and so climbing on that rock, very satisfying...really loved that).

FYI the patch for Arise is out on PS4 and PC, improving the jump mechanics, specific platforming sections, redesign of some areas and solving very minor bugs.
Xbox version still pending of validation.

Thanks for the good game. A game that is based on kindness and tries to teach only the good. Especially in our time, when there is a large number of games, built on the negative side of human existence.

I've only just stumbled upon this thread by pure accident and didn't have a clue that it's drekkard's baby. Played and finished the game two weeks ago and it's one of my Top 5 games of this year. This is a gem, so thanks for sharing it with the world & seeing you respond in here, matey! Nice knowing you're still lurking around <3

Thanks for the good game. A game that is based on kindness and tries to teach only the good. Especially in our time, when there is a large number of games, built on the negative side of human existence.

Thanks, that's exactly our goal, to avoid apology of violence and try to show a wide rango of emotions.

I've only just stumbled upon this thread by pure accident and didn't have a clue that it's drekkard's baby. Played and finished the game two weeks ago and it's one of my Top 5 games of this year. This is a gem, so thanks for sharing it with the world & seeing you respond in here, matey! Nice knowing you're still lurking around <3

Yes, it's our baby, it was excruciatingly hard to dismantle our previous company and start a videogame one from scratch and finding financing took us a year. But it was worth it, and when I read this kind of feedback about our work I just feel proud and in peace. Thank you very much for the kind words ;)

For those interested in the Xbox version, finally Microsoft validated the patch that improves certain aspects/areas of the game. It took 3 weeks, but at last it should be there!!!

Reactions: Tom
Well, over 2 years later, we just announced the Nintendo Switch version of Arise a simple story! Making it work in such hardware was such a challenge, but it runs at 30fps and we didn't have to cut any critical feature.

We've been extremely busy with our next project, which is a new IP, but can't say anything about it due to NDAs, except that it is going to be published by Private Division, the "indie label" of Take 2.

Back
Top Bottom