Armed Assault News

APX

FIN
8 July 2005
Suomi Finland
The demo has now been released and is available to download on the following sites:

www.Gamershell.com
www.Computergames.ro
www.GGmania.com
www.Tiscali.cz

--------------------------------------------------------------

Armed Assault is a tactical military first person shooter game which is considered to be Operation Flashpoint 1.5.
From the creators of Operation Flashpoint comes this military shooter featuring fully open, immersive environments challenging players to explore and make strategic use of as they infiltrate and engage in combat on enemy soil. Deploy your squad over 100 square kilometers of territory, utilizing military and civilian gear and vehicles once on the field. Comprehensive multiplayer and mission editor functions allow gamers to go deeper into the Armed Assault experience beyond the single player missions.

Armed Assault recharges in a new engine with additional fresh, modern time setting. Freedom of action and immersive complex environments blended with unique touch of total realism.

What are some the features of Armed Assault?
Engine/Graphics

* DX9 Engine incorporating many of the latest features, including High Dynamic Range rendering

* Reworked lifelike animations.

* Fully streaming game engine allowing extremely large environments loaded with various special effects.

Environments

* Environments are richly detailed and varied.

* New huge sized battlefield (landmass exceeds that of all islands from Flashpoint & Resistance combined) 400 sq Km island.

* New densely populated battlefield (approximately twice the number of objects on all previous islands combined).

* Dynamic weather and daytime simulation (including tides and star constellations)

* Ambient wildlife.

Gameplay

* Large selection of weapons and vehicles.

* Unique and proven combatant's AI.

* New island containing large cities with many different, fully accessible buildings.

* ArmA s campaign features a brand new story-line, with a modern day setting.

* Campaign s setting and events inspired by real world events, military strategies and political doctrines.

* Updated controls and command interface.

Multiplayer

* Large, persistent battles.

* 60+ player multiplayer (plus additional AI), players can join at any time.

* Unique game modes introducing modes of play not seen in any other game.

* Cooperative game modes.

Custom content support

* Open game architecture.

* Building on top of the successful Operation Flashpoint addon and modding support.

* Built-in scenario editor.

* Versatile object/vehicle animation system.

* Many useful scripting functions.

* Mission wizards enable missions to be played with any addons.

When will Armed Assault be released?
Although there has not been a exact release date set BIS has said that it will be released in the 1st half of 2006.

Who is making Armed Assault?
Armed Assault is being developed by Bohemia Interactive Studios, A Czech games software designer.

FAQ will be found on:http://www.armed-assault-zone.com/faq.php?cat_id=2

http://www.armedassault.com/
http://www.armed-assault-zone.com

Last edited:
Re: ArmA

Sounds great, sign me up! ;)

Seeing as I put the latest pics on the BIS site last week I'll post them here.......

(Click thumbnails for larger version) :)

Last edited:

well without Placebo posting progress update on WC06 thread. i wouldnt have remembered this great game. yeah i still play OFP and its FDF(Finnish Defense Forces) last update of FDF has winter war in it so its fantastic :)

Last edited:

one important thing to know is what are the minimum and recommended requirements any info about that been released yet? what would you quess they will be Placebo?

I wonder whether it will be better optimised for the newer hardware. The original was more geared towards CPU speed was it not?

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/748/748793/img_3246969.html
What a great progress there has been for graphics department and the draw distance looks to be huge. Just thinking if there is a sniper on that hill or tank! infantry´s on trouble. :) I wonder if i can order a squad member into ClockTower for example(sniper perhaps) and he would know what to do over there. I remember somewhere that in WW2(or WW1) English Tank Commanders ordered first when they went into towns ect to shoot all high structures like because thats where the enemy spotters/AT soldiers were, only after that would they enter area where there was buildings on both side of the tank.

couple things that sound pretty damn good:
"Ambient world: Trees and vegetation gently sway in the wind, or are buffered about by landing helicopters. Birds and insects fly around, movement in your periphery isn't necessarily an enemy, or maybe it is... be alert and vigilant at all times."

"Ballistic kinetic energy: Bullet accuracy and damage are dependent on a number of factors such as wind resistance and distance to the target.

Simulated recoil system: No two guns are the same, so firing them shouldn't feel the same; Armed Assault features fully simulated weapon recoil."

"The AI in Armed Assault provides a stiff challenge from the enemy and a significant amount of assistance from the friendly forces around you. It essentially works around a system of observation, communication and reaction. For example, if your squad is detected by a lone soldier who is part of a small enemy squad, he will most likely communicate this information to the rest of his squad. They will then react accordingly; if they realize they're outnumbered, then due to the tactical disadvantage, they may choose to attempt to set up an ambush, or to flank you to gain the upper hand with the element of surprise, or they may simply choose to run away and hide for a while."

Last edited:

there are some great news and videos at http://www.armed-assault-zone.com/news.php
like:
"RPGVault (IGN-network) has just released a second part to their armed assault interview with Paul Statham [Placebo]"??
"A new Czech Arma interview has arisen from Gamepage"
"William Porter has once again updated his blog,"
"The Loaded Inc website has made a interesting Armed Assault Presentation video From the Idea games booth at e3, it shows 15 minutes of ingame footage and its size is around 40 MB."
;)
good site to keep informed about Armed Assault(i call it Armored Assault btw:)) atleast for these upcoming 3 months.

Now that i´ve seen the E3 15 minute gameplay video of Armed Assault, all i can say is amazing. It looks as good as Battlefield 2 it is amazing knowing the fact that the freely playable area is huge. The new animations look great the enviroment looks very nice and the editor also looks very good. And knowing this is made for multiplayer in mind unlike OFP, Looks very promising game.

Last edited:
Crikey, it looked alright before, but that's even better. Looking forward to this, especially in multiplayer...

Peter Eyres said:
Amen brother! :D

As close to a simulation as possible

Maybe yes.Given the resources they´ve got. Definetly both have ppl working who love to do what they do (and know something about what they try to do).

To celebrate 100 editions of our FlashNews community newsletter we launched a special edition which features a competition, TrackIR Pro 4 discount as well as the launch of our community wiki.

http://www.bistudio.com/flashnews/100

FP_Sample.jpg

FlashNews 100th Edition Competition

image.jpg

So you are looking for publishers for the game now Placebo ? Are you planning on giving some sort of sneak preview of the game maybe for tilt.tv (finnish game show) :) ?

this looks nice:
http://www.armed-assault-zone.com/gallery/screenshots/arma_esports1.jpg

Hoz on the bis forums has noticed that Armed Assault pc specs have now been shown on the armed assault wiki

Minimum Specification:

* CPU: 2 Ghz
* RAM: 512 MB
* Nvidia Geforce FX with 128 MB RAM & pixel shader 2.0, ATI Radeon 9500 with 128 MB of RAM
& pixel shader 2.0
* Software: Windows XP or Windows 2000 and DirectX 9

Recommended Specification:
* CPU: 3 Ghz
* RAM: 1 GB
* Video Card: Nvidia 6800 and above or Ati x800 and above with at least 256 MB RAM
* Free HD Space: 3 GB (or more as needed for downloadable addons)
* Software: Windows XP and DirectX 9

-------------------------------

However please note that as the game is not yet completed these specs may change significantly.

Last edited:
APX said:
So you are looking for publishers for the game now Placebo ?

We've been looking and talking to publishers for quite some time now, unfortunately we're having to negotiate on a per region basis.

APX said:
Are you planning on giving some sort of sneak preview of the game maybe for tilt.tv (finnish game show) :) ?

Well if they're going to be at GC then there's every chance they can get a look at ArmA (if it hasn't already been arranged). ArmA is being demonstrated at Morphicon's booth by one of my colleagues :)

Back
Top Bottom