Arrested Development

STR

15 April 2003
This show is brilliant. It's the best American comedy since Seinfeld and on par with Curb Your Enthusiasm. Really good, absurd, embarassing fun. I highly reccomend you buy the Season 1 DVD (or torrent it, whatever).

Last edited:
Just noticed last night that the main boy on this show is the same guy that was in the ultrashit "teen wolf 2".

Man, I hate teen wolf 2 almost as much as teen witch!!

Yeah I bought it as soon as it came out on US dvd. Good show, better than curb but not as good as sein (and quite different to both). Can't wait for series 2. I just love the guy from Larry Sanders who plays Hank.
Hey Now!

Actually the fonz is the best character from series one.

"they can't try a man and his wife for the same crime!"

This is a great show, more of you should watch it so I could start quoting it all the time.

"Oh, that’s... that’s-that’s great. The guy who’s dirty dancing with his niece is going to tell the guy in the thirty-six hundred dollar suit how to run the business. Come on." GOB to Michael

I might just redeem Fox for all their misdeeds for doing this. Simply excellent show.

Recently seen all the eps. Definitely my third favourite show behind Family Guy and South Park

Its aired on Paramout but never got to watch it
guess wills tart watching some epsiodes since most of you are sayin its great!

You can Watch them out of order, The narrative Makes it Very Easy .

Season 3 premiere airs tonight in the US of States. It can only be a matter of hours before we all have new bits to randomly quote at people.

Fox TV drops Development sitcom

Cult comedy Arrested Development has been pulled from the schedules of US TV network Fox after low ratings.

The show, which airs in the UK on BBC Two, won an Emmy for best comedy last summer, but has struggled for viewers.

Fox's move takes place during the "sweeps", when networks go all out to boost ratings to determine how much they can sell advertising time for.

The show's third series has been cut from 22 to 13 episodes. A Fox spokesman said its future had not been decided.

He added the show would return in December. It has been replaced by repeats of popular drama Prison Break.

The series, made by 20th Century Fox, stars Jason Batemen as a widower struggling to deal with his dysfunctional family after his father, played by Jeffrey Tabor, is sent to prison.

But despite its critical success, its US ratings have averaged only 4.2 million viewers this series.

A 20th Century Fox spokesman said: "There was a very loyal and passionate audience that unfortunately never did grow."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/4431576.stm

Some people don't deserve good comedy. :(

Mart said:

Damn Straight, tis sad to see this go, no doubt they need space for some american version of X Factor or other dubious hideous complete and utter tripe. I bet if they characters had been little animated yellow people (that is not a jibe at the Simpsons, rather a jibe at the yankee audience)Amercian's would of loved this show. Tis such a shame :(

Yeah, im so sad, hopefully it gets sindicated. Last ep is 13, theyre gonna rap it up so it finishes there. Sigh.

Good ep on Monday Again Taking the piss out of fox like the Contract shortage last year. Also a host of small cameo's with Ben Stiller again and Zach Braff The never nude ( Scrubs season 5 started tonight also ) .

Even though Season 3 has not been on par with the 2 previous seasons , Its Still probably one of the most refreshing comedies around .

Really hope some other network picks this up, good rumors so far, but nothing concrete.

EatonTJ said:
Really hope some other network picks this up, good rumors so far, but nothing concrete.

Showtime are being touted. It would be a great coup for any. Fuck it, I just hope it's picked. Shit like this is always happening to great shows. Titus and Freaks & Geeks to name two. Entourage has been keeping me busy lately, however, and thankfully it's praised by critics AND (I assume) is doing well.

Off-topic, but does anyone else find Zack Braff chronically unfunny? Garden State was good and Scrubs has been excellent and he plays his character rather well, but in person he seems about as funny as Robin Williams.

STR said:
Showtime are being touted. It would be a great coup for any. Fuck it, I just hope it's picked. Shit like this is always happening to great shows. Titus and Freaks & Geeks to name two. Entourage has been keeping me busy lately, however, and thankfully it's praised by critics AND (I assume) is doing well.

Off-topic, but does anyone else find Zack Braff chronically unfunny? Garden State was good and Scrubs has been excellent and he plays his character rather well, but in person he seems about as funny as Robin Williams.

Wow, I agree with everything in this post... with one exception. Towards the end, Titus got a little sucky.

And yes, Scrubs can be funny despite its main character not being funny. Weird.

Back
Top Bottom