"Arrgg I've lost a finger" -- "Yellow Card Son"

LemonJelly

Bungie's Bitch
28 August 2002
UK
One of the craziest and un-sympathetic bookings ever!!

FOOTBALLER LOSES FINGER
x.gif

A football player had his finger ripped off as he celebrated a goal.

Paulo Diogo, a midfielder with Switzerland's Servette, leapt onto a perimeter fence after setting up the goal in his side's 4-1 win over Schafthousen.

But his wedding ring got caught in the top of the fence.

He severed the top two joints of the finger as he jumped back down.

Doctors were unable to re-attach the finger joints and the player had the remaining part of his finger amputated.

He was also shown a yellow card for his excessive celebration.

Last edited:
really, what a wally :roll: i had a chuckle myself though, pathetic, but it's simple humour like this that really makes me think: "really, im not the only stupid one on this planet"

-fb

Surely the player can sue the ref for not making sure he took the offending ring off?

Who is dumb enough to play footy with their ring, earings, nose-ring, tongue-ring on ? Very idiotic.

many people who love their wives and are devoted will wear their rings. all they have to do is tape it up, its not stupid to play with rings, after all, how many times in one's career can a man have ligaments in his finger torn to bits from celebrating a goal because he jumped on a fence?

-fb

Last edited by a moderator:
footieBalla said:
many people who love their wives and are devoted will wear their rings. all they have to do is tape it up, its not stupid to play with rings, after all, how many times in one's career can a man have ligaments in his finger torn to bits from celebrating a goal because he jumped on a fence?

-fb
It depends, how many stadiums actually have fences ? Quite alot. I'm sure not wearing a wedding ring for 90 or more minutes, won't force your wife/husband to divorce you. I agree with the taping it up comment though.

Back
Top Bottom