Arsenal & ManU goalkeeping problem

Maybe Man U and Arsenal can lure Canizares with their checkbooks.A soccer player almost always goes to another club if the money is right so they can maybe take Canizares from Valencia.

especially given valencia's situation right now... another spanish keeper in the squad

-fb

Gazz22 said:
Isaksson is a giant (taller than Schmeichel, Cech and Van der Sar). Height is always an advantage for a goalkeeper. Young too (23, I think). As long as he can catch a ball, I'd be happy with him.

He's no Roy Carroll :lol:

He is also no Manuel Almunia but I havent seen Isaksson play enough to make a decision about whether he should be on Man U or Arsenal.Does anyone know what club he plays for?

Arsenals problem is worse because Howard, Carrol put together are still better than Lehman, Almunia. Cudicini from chelsea should be a possible target.

Milanista said:
Hows Sorensen in the EPL? He had a decent Euro 2004.

nothing compared to his summer form, imho

nice avatar sheep ;)

-fb

The thing about Wenger's signing are that they are spontaneous. They are completely random. One day they are thought to have limited cash for signings. The next they snap up Jose Antonio Reyes for 20M. Im sure Wenger has scouted a couple young, unheard of goalkeepers that he'd like to sign.

I still think that they should pick Kiraly.After his performance against Man U today it proves that he is one of the best goalies in the Prem.His performance also earned Crystal Palace a massive point and pretty much ended any hopes Man U had of catching up to Chelsea.Think of how much better he would get under a club like Arsenal or Man U!!!

vxnova said:
I still think that they should pick Kiraly.After his performance against Man U today it proves that he is one of the best goalies in the Prem.

I'm not sure if Kiraly can keep his form. When he was at Hertha BSC Berlin he often sucked.

Leviathan said:
I'm not sure if Kiraly can keep his form. When he was at Hertha BSC Berlin he often sucked.
Well he has kept his form pretty damn good so far for Palace in every game so we have yet to see one game were is not in good form.

I think Robinson is a good choice.
Or maybe get the keeper of Uruaguay I forgot his name.

That Uruguayan would be Fabian Carini.He has not made much impact with Inter now has he? Sebastian Frey has stated that we would leave Parma in the summer,I'm sure United along with Arsenal will monitor his situation.As for United,keepers like Carlos Kameni,Jose Moriera,Silvio Proto,Francesco Toldo,Paul Robinson and even Iker Casillas has been linked.

Carini isnt to good right now because Inter hardly play him, im sure if they play him more he will be great.

vxnova said:
Well he has kept his form pretty damn good so far for Palace in every game so we have yet to see one game were is not in good form.

The beginning of the season he was rubbish, could hardly catch a ball. And there were a couple of times he spilled it against United on Saturday - but luckily he got away with it.

I saw Carini in Belgian (Standard) an ordinay goal keeper, there are at least 10 keepers like him in Belgium alone.
They should aim for a young GK: Issakson or Sylvio Proto. But using young GK's means show a litle trust in them and play them even after mistakes...IMHO Howard is a very good GK and he should have played more often...Man Utd blamed him last years elimination from the CL...What did they do with the 10 field players who were even worse???? 'I know i'm simplyfying...but there's some truth in it.

Howard is a good keeper but is not up to Man U standards when it comes to goalkeeping.You look at the previous great Man U goalkeepers (minus Barthez) and Howard does not even come close.Howard is good but not good enough for Man U.They need to look for the likes of Cassilas or Buffon but they arent gonna leave for Man U.I think Canizares,Frey or Robinson would be their best choices.Wonder why they didnt pick up Robinson over the summer.

I think Given could also be a good keeper to buy.

Newcastle have a pretty big checkbook so I doubt theyll let him go easily.Especially with Newcastle having a good chance of winning the UEFA Cup.

Aparantly Arsenal are interested in Sporting Lissbons & Portugals International #1 Goalkeeper, Ricardo

I also believe that Andreas Isakkson would be a great signing for Man utd and would have a good impact upon the team like his equivilant(Petr Cech), who is also a ex-rennes keeper.

Sulph said:
The thing about Wenger's signing are that they are spontaneous. They are completely random. One day they are thought to have limited cash for signings. The next they snap up Jose Antonio Reyes for 20M. Im sure Wenger has scouted a couple young, unheard of goalkeepers that he'd like to sign.
What funny is that in my ML game Arsenal have signed Mike Taylor and he is starting over Lehmann and Almunia.That shows how even the AI in the game is smart enough to buy a new keeper and start him over Arsenals crappy keepers.Hopefully its a sign of things to come and Arsenal will sign a new keeper even if it is Taylor.

Some lower leaugue possibilities:
Andy Lonergan (Preston North End)
Lee Camp (Derby County)
Luke Steele (on loan in Coventry, but actually a Man Utd player)
John Ruddy (Cambridge United)

I have these names from 4-4-2 magazine who published a list with the 50 best players outside the Premiership.

Given would be a superb signing but doubt newcastle would let him go especially with the way he played against spurs yesterday

Given is arguably the best player in the world and would be credited as being so if he wasn't born in Ireland and didn't play for Newcastle.

If Given was born in Brazil and played for Real Madrid he would be accredited with being the greatest goal keeper to ever grace the earth.Its a fuckin joke.

Back
Top Bottom