Arsenal & ManU goalkeeping problem

V

vxnova

As many of you probably know Arsenal and Manchester United have a major goalkeeping problem which must be addressed soon if they want to have any success in Europe.Which GK do you think they should buy during the offseason? My pick would either be Kiraly of Crystal Palace or Dean Kiely of Charlton.Buffon,Cassilas or Dida would be great but it is highly unlikely they will leave their current clubs.

I personally would want Paul Robinson at United.I think its time to bring in an English GK into United's first XI for the first time in a long time.

Lets not forget the pool, Dudek isn't exactly sticky fingers is he? and Kirkland has just a little bit more of luck than Jonathan Woodgate. Even tho we bought Carson(a good buy may I add) we need an experienced keeper.

Underrated and underappreciated keepers -
Shay Given
Steve Harper
Stefan Klos
Isaakson
Paul Robinson
David James(on a good day, like against Chelsea this season)
Robert Green

It's funny how Arsenal and Manure pulled out their interest in the likes of Robinson and Niemi and now both are looking at them seriously for a transfer in the summer.

I would want a more experienced goalie thats proven in the Premiership. I dont want any young promising Spanish goalie. I wanna see Shay Given at Highbury.

I think Howards alright for us. Just needs more games with a stable defence and his confidence will grow. If United were to purchase a keeper though id go for Robinson.

D Semen should return between the sticks at Highbury.

Kiraly, lol, he's improved as the season has gone on, no doubt, but he still seems a little too eratic to me!?!?

I really hope Spurs dont let Robbo go, he's been a big plus for us this season and with a settled team next year we may be able to do something good (i know, we say that every year).

I also cant really see Fergie going for Kiely, he's getting on a bit now, even for a keeper.

Wenger has also said he wont be looking for a keeper in the summer, after Almunia's performance last night. What a joker, one game cant prove he's the real deal, I think Wenger will be making a big mistake if he isnt still looking for a keeper to buy in the summer.

Paddy Kenny has also been superb every time I've seen him, seems really solid, never seems to drop anything and a good shot stopper with good positional sense. Does anyone know how old he is?

loz said:
Kiraly, lol, he's improved as the season has gone on, no doubt, but he still seems a little too eratic to me!?!?

I really hope Spurs dont let Robbo go, he's been a big plus for us this season and with a settled team next year we may be able to do something good (i know, we say that every year).

I also cant really see Fergie going for Kiely, he's getting on a bit now, even for a keeper.

Wenger has also said he wont be looking for a keeper in the summer, after Almunia's performance last night. What a joker, one game cant prove he's the real deal, I think Wenger will be making a big mistake if he isnt still looking for a keeper to buy in the summer.

Paddy Kenny has also been superb every time I've seen him, seems really solid, never seems to drop anything and a good shot stopper with good positional sense. Does anyone know how old he is?
I dont know what you mean by Kiraly being eratic but he has always seemed like a good solid keeper to me every time I see Crystal Palace play.Plus if you put him or Paddy Kenny under an Arsenal or ManU goalkeeping coach they will get much better and be some of the best goalies in the Prem.

darkghoul said:
I for one would like to see Andreas Isaksson at Old Trafford.

Is he good?

I've only seen him a few times (during Euro 2004) and he has looked pretty decent.

Milanista said:
Well Howard and Barthez were meant to be amazing and with Man U goalkeeping coaches, but both havent managed to be successful.
howard was EPL goalie of the year...... last year..... he is a scapegoat, he is young and he will get more consistent... possibly elsewhere in europe

Howard sucks, its as simple as that. I know your a yank and yoir looking out for your fellow country men, but the facts are clear he is a retard between the sticks and united need to find a capable replacement soon.

bring schmeichel back to be our goalkeeping coach

-fb

Milanista said:
Well Howard and Barthez were meant to be amazing and with Man U goalkeeping coaches, but both havent managed to be successful.
I dont think it is the goalkeeping coaches problem if the goalie isnt good.Barthez and Howard both have great technical skills but seem to make poor decisions and lose concentration which costs their team goals.Barthez has never fully recovered after leaving Man U ,even though he had a good Euro 2004,and will probably never play for a big club again.

Gazz22 said:
Is he good?

I've only seen him a few times (during Euro 2004) and he has looked pretty decent.

He has the potential of being one of the best keepers in the world, as far as i know both Arsenal & Man Utd are currently keeping an eye on him.

gunnerglory said:
Bruce Grobbelar, does he still play???
He'd still be better than the Utd keepers, Arsenal keepers and the present incumbent (Dudek) at Liverpool. Still, Utd and Arsenal have been kind of spoilt during the 90's and it will take another 10 years to find another decent one.

United are just biding their time til they can poach young Kasper Schmeichel from the Council House.

And read a news on our local paper said, Man Utd may want Toldo.

Haha bad signing for them. Hes 34 and has been rubbish this season. Inter are looking to be favorites for Frey, whos team is Inter, to replace Toldo.

please do not buy toldo, that would be a mistake. i dont know why but give him a reason, and he can probably prove why by playing poorly. somebody like seba frey, andreas isaksson and silvio proto appeal to me for some reason

-fb

Isaksson is a giant (taller than Schmeichel, Cech and Van der Sar). Height is always an advantage for a goalkeeper. Young too (23, I think). As long as he can catch a ball, I'd be happy with him.

Back
Top Bottom