Ashamed PES deserter and FIFA player, is it OK to come back?

Today I have uninstalled PES for good.
Deleted all the patches and option files as well (PC).

It started great with an amazing demo, while those low cross passes by AI did not overwhelmed everything.
It was fun to fight against Superstar level, and even the demo online matches were good.

Soon after the release, somehow all the fun playing against AI disappeared. Shallow, bland, boring as hell.
Same, same and more of the same.

Pes ML compared to career in Fifa is laughable.

Only thing where, maybe, you can actually enjoy in that heavier and more firm ball physics which Pes still has (as a tiny advantage over Fifa), is a couple of games with friends, face to face.

Everything else is just bad.

I find your opinion varies so much from @Emroth , cause what you describe is in League mode.In ML when TS takes effect it pretty much strips off any individuality left from the rest “scenario”.
In my current ML save in my second season I have loaned Aubameyang, who is one of the top-five vanilla CFs this year, maybe top-3. Despite his stats he doesn’t perform nothing better than two random 17yo regen CFs I have in my roster, who are two average 70opr Argentinian guys from DefensaYJusticia and NOBoys. Either I play Aubameyang or the two regens I can’t spot any real difference.
Or to place it better, in any previous game, having a So stats-better player, always used to make some more obvious difference.

I had a ML i started with Newcastle which i was getting my ass kicked with all the tactics, so i moved to Trabzonspor.

The TS plays a large factor in some teams being rather shit and when your TS goes up, it helps you get on a roll i'd say. as for individuality, i brought Goetze and Sami Castellejo and i realised it was a mistake because both where too lightweight for such an average team and got overpowered when i needed more robust Watford style players. So i give the game props for that.

I should keep going with the ML but in my shame i need to finish Jamaica national team kits.

I find your opinion varies so much from @Emroth , cause what you describe is in League mode.In ML when TS takes effect it pretty much strips off any individuality left from the rest “scenario”.
In my current ML save in my second season I have loaned Aubameyang, who is one of the top-five vanilla CFs this year, maybe top-3. Despite his stats he doesn’t perform nothing better than two random 17yo regen CFs I have in my roster, who are two average 70opr Argentinian guys from DefensaYJusticia and NOBoys. Either I play Aubameyang or the two regens I can’t spot any real difference.
Or to place it better, in any previous game, having a So stats-better player, always used to make some more obvious difference.

And that is because stats don't matter and don't have a real effect ingame, at least 60% of stats are purely cosmetic (speed stats, shot stats and weak foot stats specially).

Nah, PS4 version, my Laptop isn't best suited for gaming right now and i need an upgrade, i can just about handle PES 2019 on it but i'm using it to create mods for everyone, it's not silky smooth.

PES 2019 off the pitch is diabolical! Dreadful grey dull menus and piss poor presentation. Its only use is good gameplay, the first versions had that unfinished issue with the low cross obsession, bar that every other patch has improved the game, some where a little annoying, i think 1.03 was a bit annoying at times but I've really enjoyed it this year.

The gameplay itself does represent modern football very well, i hate modern football so it causes an issue that there aren't many interesting teams in this sanitised, overhyped poor era of football. The best thing about this game is it's not easy, it don't hold your hand, it gets under your skin, the game pushes you, you need to set your team up and get your defence right, you need to find that right balance in attack. Obviously the tactics i do make a very positive impact on the AI, Its a great improvement from last year and serves a great base for the future. It still needs work with the dribbling but i'm at least happy in gameplay we have Konami to advance football games to this level. It's all we have, it could be better but it's good we have this in 2019.

I'm looking forward to bring out more classic teams this summer with pes universe which will stay preserved onto PES 2020. Issue is the game is very much built on the sanitised shitty modern football so there isn't that touch tackling factor the game pre 2007 had. This is something i will need to look at with Incas and his gameplay mods.

The thing about modern PES is that they are plain, predictable and shallow.

The boring ping pong passes, dribble, cross, shoot and score routines ("They are running riots!") have been the core of the game since 2016 or so. Go play 2014 and then right after 2019 (or even 2017) to feel how empty and numb they feel in comparison with 2014 (a game that has it's own faults).

Yes, it may have something to do with the shitty aspect of modern football, but that's only the tip of the iceberg. Look at what Fifa has done with their game settings and sliders: it represents the modern game, yet is closer to the real sport in terms of pace, physicality and being contextual.

For PES, tactics and dt1XX (PC only) tinkering help, but don't solve hard coded problems like player individuality, team chemistry, variety, unpredictability, perfect AI passes, proper body position, stats and special abilities that don't have a real impact ingame and proper physics and mechanics (2014 was a great base to as true as it gets with this, but listening to "the community" response screwed the plans Konami had going forward).

Well said @loco

10 years ago, FIFA was a joke but credit to EA Vancouver and pals for somehow pulling it out of the ground and really turning it around.

The way I see it, FIFA has evolved and PES has just survived.

If FIFA can add even more depth to their career modes (Not that it is bad now) they will have a very good game on their hands.

Even the "Journey"... not everyones cup of tea granted BUT it was something different and new and honestly, it was another reason to play FIFA.

PES still looks like something from 10 years ago, it has not evolved.

The thing about modern PES is that they are plain, predictable and shallow.

The boring ping pong passes, dribble, cross, shoot and score routines ("They are running riots!") have been the core of the game since 2016 or so. Go play 2014 and then right after 2019 (or even 2017) to feel how empty and numb they feel in comparison with 2014 (a game that has it's own faults).

PES 2014 was a proof of concept, PES 2019 is light years ahead. The AI score different goals from my experience, yeah some more than others, again i goes to what i said already, the game works around how much space you give the AI, it just sounds as if your having issues handling them, I'm sorry. i have to be honest here.

Yes, it may have something to do with the shitty aspect of modern football, but that's only the tip of the iceberg. Look at what Fifa has done with their game settings and sliders: it represents the modern game, yet is closer to the real sport in terms of pace, physicality and being contextual.

FIFA sliders are a pathetic cop out, its why its in such serious problems and why many ever ardent FIFA fans say FIFA 19 its the very worst FIFA ever and the community is growing ever fed up with the game. That's all i will say, i will say more in a private message, this is a PES thread.

For PES, tactics and dt1XX (PC only) tinkering help, but don't solve hard coded problems like player individuality, team chemistry, variety, unpredictability, perfect AI passes, proper body position, stats and special abilities that don't have a real impact ingame and proper physics and mechanics (2014 was a great base to as true as it gets with this, but listening to "the community" response screwed the plans Konami had going forward).

You keep talking about perfect AI passes, i saw this for years and years, AI passing is heavily dependant on the space you give them.

Well said @loco

10 years ago, FIFA was a joke but credit to EA Vancouver and pals for somehow pulling it out of the ground and really turning it around.

The way I see it, FIFA has evolved and PES has just survived.

What? FIFA 09 was a joke??? FIFA 09 was revolutionary for its time, its was just really arcadey, its was far, far better than all the recent half arsed efforts which is all about online anyway.

FIFA sliders are a pathetic cop out, its why its in such serious problems and why many ever ardent FIFA fans say FIFA 19 its the very worst FIFA ever and the community is growing ever fed up with the game.
Funnily enough, the ardent FIFA fans only say that because FIFA isn't the arcade game anymore that it used to be. PES has turned into FIFA, and FIFA has turned into PES.

Heh... @klashman69 must be right, lads. We are all simply shite at the game.

I play Ultimate difficulty in Fifa, played SS on Pes18 and Top player Fuma on Pes17.

But I simply must be too shite for PA0 Professional difficulty on Pes19.
There is no other explanation that we keep conceding same goals and our players dont react to what we press.

Pes19 is a fantastic game!

You keep talking about perfect AI passes, i saw this for years and years, AI passing is heavily dependant on the space you give them.
So if I give Huddersfield (or worse, a poor second-division team) all the space in the world, it's realistic that they string tons of first-time perfectly-aimed passes together? Without so much as a first-touch? Is the reason that they went down nothing to do with their skill, but the amount of space they didn't get compared to other teams?

No. Not every professional could pass the ball with 100% aim/power accuracy. No wonder you don't mind how attributes are currently represented (for human and AI)...

You have to represent a 90 minute match in a short space of time (by default) and this is how Konami choose to do it, and that's fine. But to make these excuses for the AI taking a terrible team and making them play with the laser-point accuracy of the best teams in the world, throwing out anything that makes a team's skillset unique (and requiring them to play differently from the best teams)... Well, this is why PES never changes.

Funnily enough, the ardent FIFA fans only say that because FIFA isn't the arcade game anymore that it used to be. PES has turned into FIFA, and FIFA has turned into PES.

Its just broken, thats the problem. I was so ashamed at how bad the demo was i just didn't even bother with more than 4 games, EA are more focused on banning copyrighted content than fixing their game.

So if I give Huddersfield (or worse, a poor second-division team) all the space in the world, it's realistic that they string tons of first-time perfectly-aimed passes together? Without so much as a first-touch? Is the reason that they went down nothing to do with their skill, but the amount of space they didn't get compared to other teams?

Man, even this summer with my uncles amateur team, I've seen them put nice slick passing moves together, we all play 2 touch training, its a basic thing in football, what makes it hard is under pressure, literal, mental and fatigue. That's what makes it difficult in pro football.

Also, i haven't even called PES 2019 the best 'simulation' ever at all, no football game is, i think all modern football games if I'm honest are far, far away from representing football right now, something is missing from it, the whole concept feels rather outdated, archaic in a way, i mean is up there with one of the most realistic PES games but its not saying much. Even the classic are dated now in terms of simulation.

It also helps not reading this forum much and not having a little group who get annoyed and are so determined to have everyone agree with them rather just relax with their own views and respect those who don't share it. Its like people are so annoyed i'm finding a lot out of PES 2019. Whats also helped is playing F1 2018 and GT Sport which are essentially 'arcade' compared to Automobollisa and rFactor2 but laugh at football games in terms of simulating racing.

Last edited:
Today I have uninstalled PES for good.
Deleted all the patches and option files as well (PC).

It started great with an amazing demo, while those low cross passes by AI did not overwhelmed everything.
It was fun to fight against Superstar level, and even the demo online matches were good.

Soon after the release, somehow all the fun playing against AI disappeared. Shallow, bland, boring as hell.
Same, same and more of the same.

Pes ML compared to career in Fifa is laughable.

Only thing where, maybe, you can actually enjoy in that heavier and more firm ball physics which Pes still has (as a tiny advantage over Fifa), is a couple of games with friends, face to face.

Everything else is just bad.

I'm in love with the demo now. I used to jump between updates and mixes of dt_18 mods like stupid bucle, playing all the modes, and never ending one of them. I played 3 PES6 ML seasons in the last months, with a lot rewarding and memorable moments.
A few days ago, I readed a user who was talking about the demo. And then I decided to try it again. What a moment of inspiration!

I've made a video that shows a few features that are missing or wrong in the final game:
I going to do another compilation more longer as soon as i can. I have captured a lot of amazing details.

I don't know what has happened with teh final relase, however i could imagine that all the changes and tweaks are related with online/My club experience.

I'm in love with the demo now. I used to jump between updates and mixes of dt_18 mods like stupid bucle, playing all the modes, and never ending one of them. I played 3 PES6 ML seasons in the last months, with a lot rewarding and memorable moments.
A few days ago, I readed a user who was talking about the demo. And then I decided to try it again. What a moment of inspiration!

I've made a video that shows a few features that are missing or wrong in the final game:
I going to do another compilation more longer as soon as i can. I have captured a lot of amazing details.

I don't know what has happened with teh final relase, however i could imagine that all the changes and tweaks are related with online/My club experience.

Just a word of advice saying as how You have now dumped this in 3 threads.

STOP SPAMMING! :RANT:

I have come back to PES this year after not being able to get into FIFA 19. I have bought them both the last 3 years after trying fifa 17

After two years in the campaign mode on Fifa, I couldn't get the game to feel right. Much of this is down to the rubber banding they have added this year, which means that all of the pace is out of the game

I have been playing PES 19 for the last few days, but it's too open and end to end, so I am looking at fixing it and currently learning about the different ways to do that

Back
Top Bottom