Ask the Dutch about the Dutch

joostebrood said:
I thought I did answer the DeNiro question. It's up there somewhere.

1: Heerenveen is the biggest rival of Groningen. They're both from the north and there's this competition between them, who's the highest ranked team. It used to be Groningen, but the past few years it's Heerenveen. It's all friendly though

2: Kruiswijk is still a talent, he was linked to the top 3 teams last year, but I don't hear to much about him these days. His partner in defense Luirink gets more attention. I think they're both decent defenders, but I'm not sure if they can get to the top. Usually talants that play 1 or 2 good games are seen as our new internationals, which is not what they turn out to be most of the time.

3: I think it's RBC who have the lowest fan base. They have the smallest stadium, that's for sure.

I'm not sure if I can help you with that list man, I'm not into that stuff too much, maybe someone else can help you with that. If I find a list or something, I'll post it here.
Yeah I know you answered DB's question, I was just saying I was interested in that Q as well ;)

Thanks for your answers.

Hey,I've got a question.What ever happened to Jordi Cruyff? I kinda like like when he was at United.He wasnt physically right to play in the EPL but I thought he had great technique and ability.Soft but brilliant footballer.

Joostebrood, is Makaaij going to be on Holland NT for the World Cup, and will he be a starter? He's my favorite Bundesliga/Bayern Munich player...

phrase said:
Hey,I've got a question.What ever happened to Jordi Cruyff? I kinda like like when he was at United.He wasnt physically right to play in the EPL but I thought he had great technique and ability.Soft but brilliant footballer.

Jordi went back to Spain, played for Alaves (also the UEFA cup final against Liverpool) and I believe he also played for Espanol. He never was a world class player and I think his name helped him a lot. I mean, the guy played for Barca and Man U, I can name better players who've never gotten that far.

200_pesos said:
Joostebrood, is Makaaij going to be on Holland NT for the World Cup, and will he be a starter? He's my favorite Bundesliga/Bayern Munich player...

Right now it looks like Makaay won't even be selected for the World Cup. Van Basten has his own theory about this. With RVN and Dirk Kuyt he already has 2 strikers. He wants to pick a third, but that will be someone who'll only play when Holland are down 1-0 with 15 minutes to go. One who can win headers, force a lot of freekicks etc. That guy will probably be Vennegoor of Hesselink. Makaay is best used when playing counter attack football, he's never impressed when playing for the Dutch team. Having said this, it's my favorite Dutch striker. His finishing is amazing. I guess if he scores another 10-15 goals during the second half of the season, he will be selected. RVN is just our #1 striker by a far, van Basten likes him a lot and so he should, RVN scored a lot of goals during the WC qualifiers.

Yeah, Problem with Makaay is, that he is best suited to counterattaking football (wich hes proved to be a master of at Deportivo and Bayern)
But for the dutch team the striker has to play different, as we always play with wingers, and Makaay has never showed to be very good at that.

So eventhough hes better than Kuyt and Vennegoor, and would get selected for 9/10 countries (Germany would kill to have him in their squad) he probably wont even be in our WC squad. Unless perhaps RVN gets injures and van Basten might consider 2 strikers (like Makaay with Kuyt, i could definately see that work aswell)

Couple Of Questions for you

Ive always been a great Ajax Fan from the 70's

1st question, How come Van Der Vaart ended up at Hamburg ?

Is Wesley Sneider going to leave soon?

Who Is the next big Ajax Superstar?

Big Boss said:
Yeah, Problem with Makaay is, that he is best suited to counterattaking football (wich hes proved to be a master of at Deportivo and Bayern)
But for the dutch team the striker has to play different, as we always play with wingers, and Makaay has never showed to be very good at that.

So eventhough hes better than Kuyt and Vennegoor, and would get selected for 9/10 countries (Germany would kill to have him in their squad) he probably wont even be in our WC squad. Unless perhaps RVN gets injures and van Basten might consider 2 strikers (like Makaay with Kuyt, i could definately see that work aswell)

I hope Van Basten picks Seedorf, whos having one of his best seasons with Milan this year.

@Cartman

1. vd Vaart had 2 pretty poor seasons and wasnt happy at Ajax anymore, and since no topteams came for him he chose for Hamburg. Wich turned out to be a very good choice, as they are in 2nd place in Bundesliga, and still in UEFAcup. And he has found his good form again, unfortunately hes now injured though...

2. Just signed a new contract till 2010 or 11, so not very likely...

3. From the current squad probably Maduro, hes a great DMF and CB. We also have some youngsters who we might see this season like: Sarpong, goossens and schilder. so remember, u heard about them first over here ;)

@Milanista, i think the chances for Seedorf are very slim, van Basten doesnt want players who act like "moviestars" but prefers young and eager players, plus Seedorf has never really helped the Dutch team, he usually plays his own game for himself

Ahh, Vennegoor of Hesselink! That man has the best last name ever :D

If he is selected for WC06 I will buy a Holland jersey and have his name put on it, it's amazing how they fit "Vennegoor of Hesselink" onto the jersey!

P.S. Thanks a ton for the reply Joostebrood.

Hi,

Without wishing to stain my hard earned Evo Web reputation...

On a trip to Amsterdam many years ago I found myself in a similar establishment for research purposes and was rather dismayed by the lack of common or garden grot (presumably stored under the counter!) in contrast with the vast quantities of magazines involving...umm how can i put this... non-human participants.

I hope this lad Maduro was sticking to the soft stuff.

db

Well, it's part of our culture Bob, at least 65% of the Dutch population has had sex with an animal at some point. Here's the top 5 of most preferred animals:

1. Sheep
2. Donkey
3. Parrot
4. Dog
5. Frog

Hi jooste,

No harm meant mate honestly, i wasn't trying to suggest anything about the Dutch character or psyche.

I apologise unreservedly for any offence caused, it was merely a juvenile observation about what kind of material the player was after. I'm sorry if it came across as a lazy stereotype.

db

joostebrood said:
No problem man, I was in on this joke.

Well in that case mate, I think monkey's should be in the top 5. How can a red blooded male not get turned on at the sight of this...?!??

:)

m4.jpg

csaunders said:
joost, how do you think young demarcus beasley is doing at PSV. We need him in top form for WC.

CSaunders, Beasley is doing alright. I have to admit I'm not a fan of him. He had a great game against Milan in the CL and he certainly has potential, but he's not top quality in my view. He's not a regular for PSV. I think with Vennegoor, Farfan and Kone it will be hard for him to be a regular startwer during the second half of the season. He was also injured I believe.

denirobob said:
Well in that case mate, I think monkey's should be in the top 5. How can a red blooded male not get turned on at the sight of this...?!??

:)

m4.jpg

Stop it, I'm getting excited!

joostebrood said:
CSaunders, Beasley is doing alright. I have to admit I'm not a fan of him. He had a great game against Milan in the CL and he certainly has potential, but he's not top quality in my view. He's not a regular for PSV. I think with Vennegoor, Farfan and Kone it will be hard for him to be a regular startwer during the second half of the season. He was also injured I believe.
he pretty much switches with farfan, what dont you like about his game, he is our second most dangerous player behind donavan

I'm not sure, I never see him dribble past a player. I'm not too impressed with his passing as well. I'm not saying he's a bad player, he's quite good, but I think he's not good enough to be considered a world class player. He also misses the physique in my opinion.

Nice idea for a thread Joost! I agree that Beasly misses the phisique to be called a top player, but he isnt that bad. Its just that Kone is way better! Also I wanted to give my favourite formation:

Van der Sar

Kromkamp - Boulahrouz - Mathijsen - van Bronckhorst

Landzaat - Cocu (or Davids, I cant decide) - Van der Vaart

van Persie - van Nistelrooy - Robben

Maybe if Huntelaar also becomes a sensation at Ajax, he will make the dutch squad; he already scored 2 bycycle kicks for Heerenveen the 1st half of the season! 17 in total thus far...

hey jooste, how comes sometimes Kuyt is spelt Kuijt & van Nistelrooy is spelt as van Nistelrooij in Holland??? what is this all about? something to do with the language?

Back
Top Bottom