Ball control

S

sminkypinkybangbang

Ok, how do people control the ball?

Do you tap :r2: before your player receives the pass? And do you just tap the button, or hold it down for quite some considerable time?

Do you hold :r1:?

Or do you do nothing?

Obviously PES6 is different, the ball control has been modified. Some think it's clumsy at times, and players seem sluggish.

I'm curious to know what works for people?

If I have little space I hold R2 for a trap. If I had much room in PES5 I would hold R1 for a tap-and-sprint move upon receiving the ball. The latter seems to be impossible most times to do in PES6 though.

I just love the ball control in PES6. It looks realistic and you really feel you are at the ball like you are doing it yourself. All credits to Konami.
Sminkypinkybangbang, you just have to try different variations of R1, L1, R2 or hit them twice if you want. There are many variations that offer different animations or movements with the ball.
I think there is no fast rules like which button you hit. Now with PES6 i think we have to look where the ball and maybe move backwards a bit before receiving the ball or running towards the ball and taking the ball with our chest. Those movements will definitely make our playing experience even better.

9/10 i use R2 to receive the ball. When i dribble i hold R2, R1 or nothing, depends of the situation. To pass an opponent i hold R2 and then quickly sprint with R1 to go passed him. There are so many dribble variations, and tricks to use in combination of this. Possibilities are endless, but R2 is almost always involved for me.

i find it hard to receive the ball by tapping it into the direction i want to run... generally the player just controlls it dead firts, wasting valuable time...

uk_stanners said:
i find it hard to receive the ball by tapping it into the direction i want to run... generally the player just controlls it dead firts, wasting valuable time...

One thing I complained about in a thread of mine. Players sometimes seem incapable of immediately moving the ball in the desired direction, but first have to trap it (like if you were holding R2) before they start to actually move anywhere.

helveg said:
how to do tap-and-sprint move upon receiving the bal???? (R1 in PES5)

It seems Konami have removed this almost entirely. In certain angles it is possible to do it (try it in Training Mode for a while and you'll see, you might have to tap R1 like crazy though, haven't figured that one out completely) but most of the time nothing happens, which sucks since that move was great in PES5 when you had some space to move in.

I have a friend and he never uses R2 button.He even does not have an idea about it.But he is still a great player.He says he never touched it in his life...!

Back
Top Bottom