Ballon d´Or 2006 - Cannavaro Ballon D'or

Re: Ballon d´Or 2006 - List of the 50 players

Mastermind said:
Are you serious? His one of the most overrated players in the world.

Milanista said:
More like underrated. Everyone slams him and says hes shit....

Exactly right. A player that gets so little praise, can't logically be one of the most overrated in the world. I'm seriously of the opinion that Camoranesi should've won it after the 04/05. Best midfielder in Serie A. He barely ever gets any recognition.

Last edited:

Ok, what i meant was Italian fans dramtically overrate him, and i know loads of italians, but to me there was 1 season where he was outstanding but can't remember which one. I had in as my right winger in my Master League, but ever since then his been v.poor in my opinion.

Camoranesi is a a very very good player, but he does not deserve the golden ball. If you only look at the WC (which i'm afraid will be the case) then Cannavaro should win it.

If you look at the whole season, then it could go to Eto'o or another Barcelona player...

But then again, individual awards in a team sport are useless...

I think overall, during the whole season and what we've had so far of this one, it's either Cannavaro or Henry.

Both have acheived great results during the year, played very very well both during the season and in the WC, and have been key factors for their teams' success.

- Eto'o did not play the WC
- Ronaldinho disappeared in the WC and is still missing in action
- Klose did good as well, but Henry overshadows him regarding results
- Zidane had a good WC, but the start of the season was disappointing.

Of the above mentioned players only Buffon comes close to deserve it.

Eto'o is the candidate with more options in my opinion
but maybe Henry can be the winner, the french nationality is a favourable point :roll:

wtf is Vieira doing there? His Juve season was mediocre and his WC performance was not better than Cannavaro's.

Milanista said:
wtf is Vieira doing there? His Juve season was mediocre and his WC performance was not better than Cannavaro's.
paddy was pretty good for france, shit for juve...

Etoo by far. And second to me should be Deco. Had a good World Cup and Won La Liga and Champions League. He has maybe the best results this year, and he's the Key player for barcelona alongside Samuel Etoo.

As for henry, ok the guy did not win anything but went to both CL and WC finals: not tha bad indeed. Plus he kinda carried arsenal on his shoulders and helped qualify france to WC with his goal in ireland. Thats a pretty impressive season he realized. id vote for him

Milanista said:
Yeah, but Cannavaro's WC was unbeatable, and his Juve season was good.
Cannavaro unbeatable ?? Buffon save so many times the Italian defense.
Barthez almost no work and play agaisnt Brazil, Portugal etc...

Thomas you are soooo biased...remember we did a poll on who the best player in the WC was????
Cannavaro won it by a very, very large margin.
The only French player who really would have deserved it was Zidane, but his attrocious action in the final understandably rules him out and whether Materazzi was to blame or not has no relevance here.

drekkard said:
Etoo by far. And second to me should be Deco. Had a good World Cup and Won La Liga and Champions League. He has maybe the best results this year, and he's the Key player for barcelona alongside Samuel Etoo.
Deco should have won it in 2004. Etoo deserves it. And everybody keeps forgeting Juninho. :\ This guy is fantastic. He's kinda like Rui Costa, never got the proper recognition because they chose not to go to one of the big ones in europe.
Altough Lyon is probably the best team in europe this season so far.

Stan said:
Thomas you are soooo biased...remember we did a poll on who the best player in the WC was????
Cannavaro won it by a very, very large margin.
The only French player who really would have deserved it was Zidane, but his attrocious action in the final understandably rules him out and whether Materazzi was to blame or not has no relevance here.

If it's a Italian for me it's Buffon, without him Italia don't beat Australia, that all.

Revan said:
And everybody keeps forgeting Juninho. :\ This guy is fantastic.
I agree. He could have been if his season was not unlucky : almost no WC and a strange elimination in CL with Lyon.

I'm for buffon. He's doing miracles in serie B as in serie A

I'm for buffon as well even if I don't support racist players .
etoo wasn't in world cup and of course the world cup will count .

pogoss said:
Buffon is racist ???

pogoss said:

What are you talking about??Buffon isn't racist one of his best mate his Thuram
my heart would like Eto'o cos he's African ;) but i think Buffon will win it.That won't bother me too much except if Henry win it

@pogoss, I don't believe Buffon is racist. What makes you think so? :-s

Yes,some scum Italians are (so are some people unfortunately from EVERY nation) but I highly doubt Buffon is one of them. He's a nice good cool guy or at least that's the way I see him. What makes you think otherwise?

Milanista said:
Websites and newspapers saying Buffon has won it.

\\:o/ :applause: BUFFON! BUFFON BUFFON!!!!!!!!!!!!! :applause: \\:o/ I sure as hell f'n hope so!!

I'd be 100% happy if him or Cannavaro won!! Both f'n deserve it and are GODS!

Plus it'd be nice to have a GK become world's best player!!! Often the work they and central defenders do no matter how miraculous is not appreciated AS much as it should be and easily forgotten once a couple mistakes are made too which is part of life and every great player does from time to time.

There's few other choices which would also make me very happy (though not 100% but close) if they won cuz they too very much deserve it such as Eto'o, Klose, Henry, David Villa, Juninho, Kaka, Pirlo and few others).

Then unfortunately there are a few in there that are absolutely UNdeserved and shouldn't f'n be there at all! They're just making it because of their goddamn high reputation/fame and media hype and playing for big clubs which get a lot of exposure! NOT actually 'consistent world-class performances' which should be the main criteria to win a prize like this! :rolleyes:
It's a joke!! Next thing you know, Theo Walcott will make the list of World's top players because he was bought for a big transfer fee and is in squad of a big team like Arsenal and has gone to world cup. :lol:

Thankfully those few youngsters who don't deserve to be there but have somehow made the list of World's Top players, :rolleyes: , have a very very slim chance of winning, I believe anyway. ;)
So I'm not worried about that. :)
Even though their inclusion alone as top nominees is wrong. F*ck it. Whatever.. these sorta prizes have always kinda been more about whose more popular rather than actual consistent quality performacnes and end-product anyway. So it's normal to have a few players undeservedly get their names nominated for a prize like this even though they're nothing more than promising YOUNGSTERS.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:

p.s. When is the winner officially gonna be announced?

They stole the World cup Golden ball from Buffon and Cannavaro by giving it to the legendary Zidane cuz he was retiring. I hope they don't f'n rob those two again!

Last edited:

I think you can assume, the news is true about Buffon winning. The last few years, it was always leaked weeks before the official announcement(somewhere in December I think) was made.
Balon d'or is usually a more 'serious' award than the fifa player of the year. It tends to make more sense.

In my opinion, none of them really make much sense.

Some are better than others of course but at end of the day, most are:

1) Biased towards attacking. Which should NOT be the case. This is why you see outstanding strikers and #10's win these prizes more than GODLY defenders and GK's.

2) As we said, they're more of a popularity-contest than who was honestly the greatest and most consistent performer.

p.s. Isn't the Balon d'or voted by some journalists? :/

But anyways all that aside, like I said if Buffon really has won it, I'll be one f'n HAPPY MAN!!!
Wooooooohooooo!! I hope it's true. 8)

When will this news be official?

I dont think a keeper should win this award, of cours Buffon is a great keeper, but I dont think you can compare a keeper to a 'field player'.

There are so many great goal keepers.Its not like he's the only real good one.

The best goal keeper should go to Buffon in my opinion though, but the thing is, a player can change the whole game with individual efforts, even if the oppenent team is better, you can win with one of those players. Sure a keeper can keep like magic(like Buffon does so many times), but they have way less impact on the game than a great player has.

But then again, that's just my opinion, and im sure if people already heard this rumour it's 90% sure that he won.(Last year it also leaked right?)

Back
Top Bottom