Barcelona

Luis Enrique is old, his body deteriorated dramatically last season and he hasnt quite recovered from injury. Seeing as barca has dismal aspirations to win anything, they should start developing players instead of holding on to the past - same with Overmars

Go away. I do not agree with you keep your opinions to yourself

Koeman indeed won the trophy in his first year. But the main reason i think he's a topcoach is the way players react to him (except for Mido). They accept it when they're sub, they accept it when they have to play on a position they don't prefer (Sonck). His communication seems to be good, tho i have to mention Ruud Krol, who is invisible for the world, but does a great tactical job.
I also like to add Koeman is a realistic coach, who knows Dutch football isn't worldclass these days (clubteams and national team that is), so he adjusts his team when playing CL. Other Dutch coaches think we have to be the attacking site playing beautiful football. Koeman realises times have changed and that WE have to adjust. This is a good thing, results were amazing last year (QF in the CL). This year Ajax lost to Milan in their first game, but it could have easily been a draw, or with some luck even a win. Club Brugge played better football at times in the second game, but Ajax won 2-0, after creating maybe 4 - 5 good chances.

Barca doesn't have the player potential at the moment to be considered as a worldclass team, so keep that in mind when you send them to play Real, Man U etc. Be realistic and go back to the basis. First make sure defense is good, results will come then. Not with the beautiful soccer you prefer, but you have to start somewhere. Koeman is doing exactly the same now with Ajax. From there you can start building a team that plays nice football.

Koeman is the right guy for that spot, although i don't want him to leave.

As for Kluivert: he's bad as of late, but he is and always will be a great striker, no matter what anyone says. Scored 40 goals for Holland in about 70 games + lots of assists. He will get back in form, i tell you that.

Ivelostmychicken said:
Go away. I do not agree with you keep your opinions to yourself

But Chicken, maybe there telling the truth. :l

Did anyone see the Valencia player blast the ball off Enrique's 'testicles' from close range yesterday. OUCH!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Enrique is king!!!!! Thats all ya gotta know Zico man. Thats it

Well I think he's a great player and has always been one of my fave players.

I actually think I love you Zico. Ure a good man. Sniff Sniff. Luis loves you

joostebrood said:
Be realistic and go back to the basis. First make sure defense is good, results will come then. Not with the beautiful soccer you prefer, but you have to start somewhere.

Nothimg more far away from the truth, look at real madrid they can play with no defense and with out a keeper and they keep winning. Why? because when you score 1 goal they already have 4. I hate defensive teams like most of europeans ones (and the italian ones ar the most defensive ones).

in a second just out of my memory i can tell more than 100 players actully playing Luis Enrique position that are better than him, just let the old guy retire an make a good offensive with qaresma and saviola in (barca also has to retire overmars, and cocu)

Did anyone see the Valencia player blast the ball off Enrique's 'testicles' from close range yesterday. OUCH!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:[/quote]

lol! I don't think I would have gotten back up at all after that one. That was a square rocket to the package

I heard a rumor that Edgar Davids might come to Barcelona in the winter.
I don't see how Barca could get the money, as they are racked with debt if I'm not mistaken. But the mere presence of David's would make even Rijkaard look like a genius :mrgreen:

HersitO said:
joostebrood said:
Be realistic and go back to the basis. First make sure defense is good, results will come then. Not with the beautiful soccer you prefer, but you have to start somewhere.

Nothimg more far away from the truth, look at real madrid they can play with no defense and with out a keeper and they keep winning. Why? because when you score 1 goal they already have 4. I hate defensive teams like most of europeans ones (and the italian ones ar the most defensive ones).

yeah and who did they play?valladolid?wait till real face the likes of milan,bayern,juve and they'll be f*cked.seriously.it's not gonna be easy for them to score against the likes mentioned above but they will conceed against them.remember the valencia game?real have to sort out their defence or they wont win f*ck all this season.......

I think you missed my point completely. When you build up a team, first thing you have to do is make sure the defense is good. From there you can start working on the attack. I'm from Holland, i am raised with attacking football. But when your defensive line is good, attacking players will get confidence and know they can take a bit more risks, because you'll always have a solid defense behind you. It just reflects on the whole team.

ClassicD said:
I agree about Kluivert, but then I don't think he's ever reproduced the form he showed at Ajax, he's so overrated imo.

Yeah hes one of these players thats only good at one club (Ajax) and rubbish at other clubs (Milan, Barca). I think Raul's the same too. Barca are a real mess, theyve got the players but they just dont seem to click. They should have kept Antic imo, at least they were playing slightly better when he was in charge.

yeah, i think the coaches are going too fast. first van Gaal went, in came antic, then the board weren't happy with the results for some reason, antic was fired, and now there's rijkaard, in whom, i must say, i have very little confidence. what's wrong with antic? or, more generally, what's wrong with the decision-makers at barca? where's the trust between the manager and the board? barca are missing all of that.

I think Jooste should be the new Barca manager, it appears he's come off the skag long enough to let his brain generate some football sense ;).

I think Jooste should be the new Barca manager, it appears he's come off the skag long enough to let his brain generate some football sense .

hehehe, well i know quite a bit about Barca because of the Dutch influence over the years. They buy Ronaldinho, Quaresma, Riquelme, Saviola etc etc, but what they really need is a good defensive line. Well, within a year or 2 they probably bid on Escude, Trabelsi and Pasanen.

Ajax is an alternative youthschool for Barcelona.

You can be my assistant-manager CD, no problem. Pay is good and I can delegate.

I will be president and give you the money jooste so we can buy a good defender, maybe nesta

Well Barcelona got a great win tonight, beating the mighty Atletico Gramanet 1-0 in the Copa Del Ray. :mrgreen: The goal was scored by Ronaldinho in the 83rd minute.

Dont mock Zico, Atletico Gramanet are an amazing team. 3 champions league wins and a healthy bank balance. I was expecting them to win

Barca needs Makaay, since they can't get Van Nistelrooy for the best Dutch striker.

Barca sign Davids according the to the thread i just locked. Discuss here not there.

Whats happening Barcelona actually managed to win a game yesterday against Zaragoza. :D

Im sure they won because I wore my Barcelona shirt yesterday, maybe if I keep wearing it they might get a CL spot. ;)

Maybe he's still posting in the other Evo-Web forum. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom