Barcelona

P

Peradinho

Barcelona has been playing like utter crap :x

Kluivert is in poo form but continues to play over Saviola. I don't know what Rijkaard is thinking. Overmars played on the right today which he can do but if you have a left winger play him on the LEFT!

Ronaldinho has not looked very good yet and he took a friggin dive instead of going one on one with the keeper. His free kicks and corners have been awful. What the hell?

Luis Enrique is in his thirties and completely useless imo. But he plays every game because he is the captain.

Rafael Marquez has looked complete crap at the back and why the hell is Victor Valdes starting over Rustu?

I don't care if Quaresma is young, start him on the right. He crosses brilliantly and Barca's offense doesn't look so disjointed when he is in.

Playing Saviola on the right does not lend well to his abilities. He needs to be in front.

Sorry for the long post. I just needed to vent after losing to Valencia at the Nou Camp.

If Kluivert ever gets in form I think the line-up should be:
-----------------Rustu--------------------
Puyol----Andersson----Reiziger/Marquez---V. Bronk.

---------------------Cocu-------------------------

Quaresma----------------------------------Overmars

----------------------Ronaldinho---------------

-------------------------------------Kluivert----
--------------------Saviola---------------------

I know this isn't what formation they are currently playing. If Kluivert continues to suck, swap him for Saviola, keeping Quaresma and Overmars up front on the wings. Make Puyol the captain so L. Enrique doesn't have to play so often.

Barcelona is one of the most incredible clubs, they let go all the good players and play as bad as they can, after you have a new president he made no changes in the way the team plays. Barca loosed ronaldo, figo, rivaldo, riquelme, sorin... how many good players more are you going to let go, whats barca next move?? let go saviola, ronaldinho and quaresma???

best yet, riquelme's villareal is 5th while barca is 9th. a friend whose into basketball told me Laporta let go one of the top 5 players in europe (sarunas jasikevicius) in order to have more cash for the footie team, now it looks like both teams are going to go down the toilet. Laporta has no clue what he is doing, i hope both riquelme and jasikevicius kick him in the @ss for it

and still the catalan media loves this clown!! if this keeps up i'm going to have to burn my barca jersey!!!

i cant believe you people. Luis Enrique is one of the best players in the world. He is a great influence to the team and can hold onto the ball better than anyone in the squad. Barcelona would completely fall apart if he did not play. Get your heads sorted

Ivelostmychicken said:
i cant believe you people. Luis Enrique is one of the best players in the world. He is a great influence to the team and can hold onto the ball better than anyone in the squad. Barcelona would completely fall apart if he did not play. Get your heads sorted

i have to agree with ya,and how xavi didnt make the above lineup is astonishing(best passer in la liga).overmars can play on both wings and ronaldinho has been the only bright spark for barca IMO....

Van Gaal syndrome? :mrgreen:
What that club needs is a coach who puts the players in the right positions and that puts the players running. and give them freedom to use their technique IMO (Saviola, Quaresma, Ronaldinho, all have high dribbling abilities, and Kuilvert has some tricks up his sleeve :mrgreen: ).
Luis Enrique is not even near to the best players in the world.
Do you think he has the class of the players of RM or Nedved or Del Piero from Juve (and plenty more around). He is a good player, but sayin that he is one of he best in the world is just fanatism. (not that i have something against that). 8)

What Barca needs to do, is stop appointing Dutch managers. :mrgreen:

Zico said:
What Barca needs to do, is stop appointing Dutch managers. :mrgreen:

Well, even us Dutch think Rijkaard just sucks.

At Euro 2000 he put in Peter van Vossen in the extra time against Italy.

Haha

Van Vossen, what a clown he was. :mrgreen:

Although I do think Ronald Koeman would do a great job at Barcelona.

Zico said:
Although I do think Ronald Koeman would do a great job at Barcelona.

I think he's in contract talks with Ajax.. Think someone should throw the spanner in those works!! :mrgreen:

I don't understand where Barca are going. But lets not all blame Rijkaard. I think this problem eminates from Van Gaal.

When i went on the Nou Camp tour last year, they refused to answer any questions that related to van gaal's resigning!! Ok.. sacked for a first time... Then resign him? Van Gaal and Joan Gaspaart ran this once proud club into the ground. Whether Figo was holding out for more money is debatable, but then letting Guardiola walk... and Rivaldo is beyond belief as no players of the same calibre (offensive midfielders/playmakers) were bought in. I loved Riquelme at Boca, but i think he should have been given his position of free role to try to shine for Barca.

Ok, we had an aging defence in in Abelardo/Ferrer/Sergi, but then why give them all free transfers and bring in stop gaps? How many goalkeepers have Barca had? Real got a young keeper... ok lets get one the same!!! What was the problem with Arnau? He played a fantastic match against Arsenal in the Champ League (BASTARD!!! :mrgreen: )...

All in all, i hope this team doesn't become a mid table team as my Puyol shirt is getting worn less and less. I love the club, but the politics are destroying it.

Johan Cruyff should prove he can do it again. He is the one who put Frank Rijkaard up as a candidate and the president fell for it, because he lives in Johan's asshole. Don't blame van Gaal, Barcelana already was sinking when he arrived.

Koeman will be the new manager in a few years, but he wants to build his Ajax untill it's a new force in European football. When VDV, Zlatan, Trabelsi etc leave, Koeman will see that as the end of his Ajax era and will fly to Barcelona to build that team back up. He's a class act!

Didn't van Gaal win the title the first time he was there?

Joose, I keep hearing everyone say Koeman will be a top coach, but has he even won the Dutch League yet? I know he did really well in the Champions' League, but haven't PSV dominated the domestic scene over the last two years?

The problem is the defence. Marquez is good but makes too many mistakes. As do reizegar and van bronkhorst. Kluivert is the problem in attack, I believe Saviola would do a much better job. Kluivert is fading into the Heskey type realms. Luis Enrique and Puyol hold the team together they are both outstanding. If someone told Rijkaard to get some defenders and play saviola, things wouldn't be too bad. And not playing Rustu because he cant speak Spanish is stupid. Rijkaard needs to sort himself out or there will be another change in management quite soon

I can't remember the last time I thought of Barca as a 'big-gun' anymore. I used to class them as one of the biggest teams in the world but they are fast falling away from that I think.

I agree about Kluivert, but then I don't think he's ever reproduced the form he showed at Ajax, he's so overrated imo.

Yep sorry, I wasn't really sure that's why I asked rather than stated a point. Apologies then, but I still think Barca need to move away from Dutch coaches, van Gaal won the CL with Ajax and now look at how easily people ridicule him without thought. It's not an anti-Dutch thing, I just think Barca have stagnated now for an awful long time, and maybe a new direction is needed.

I think Kluivert is a class act, just his brief stay in Serie A hampared his form, not to mention he's been at Barca for wayyyyyyy too long now...time to move on...

Lets put it this way. I would rather we had Beattie than Kluivert up front

ClassicD said:
Yep sorry, I wasn't really sure that's why I asked rather than stated a point. Apologies then, but I still think Barca need to move away from Dutch coaches, van Gaal won the CL with Ajax and now look at how easily people ridicule him without thought. It's not an anti-Dutch thing, I just think Barca have stagnated now for an awful long time, and maybe a new direction is needed.

Tottaly agree.

Why didn't they try and get Del Bosque as manager?

Well Beattie does the same thing as Kluivert and he scores more. He's younger too

What barca did was amazing, they asked Menotti (they also asked Bianchi but he said no) if he wanted to be the coach and had him go there (just before contracting Reikjard) and when he was doing the check in (literally) to get on board the blane he got a call to his cellular phone and someone from barca told him he wouldnt be the coach, with people that manage the team that way an treat that way anyone how do you spect barca to win anything??

And Luis Enrique, my god dont overate him that much he is just an average player that happens to have some guts and thats all but tou have 1000000 players that plays better than him even in barca.

Instead of letting go of good players why dont you let bad player that do nothing to the team go???

Luis Enrique in my opinion is a fantastic player. Bobby Robson also believes this and so I cant understand why you call him average. Flair alone doesn't make a good player

Like the whole Barcelona team. The only one doing anything is Ronaldinho. Hopefully the players will perform better as the season progresses

Back
Top Bottom