Batman Begins

B

Black

I just had a look at teh line up for Batman begins and its quite impressive. Hopefully this will bring back some enjoyment to a franchise which the movie people seem to be desperatly trying to fuck right up.

Cast overview, first billed only:
Christian Bale .... Bruce Wayne/Batman
Michael Caine .... Alfred Pennyworth
Liam Neeson .... Henri Ducard
Morgan Freeman .... Lucius Fox
Gary Oldman .... Lt. James Gordon
Ken Watanabe .... Ra's Al Ghul
Katie Holmes .... Rachel Dodson
Cillian Murphy .... Dr. Jonathan Crane/The Scarecrow
Tom Wilkinson .... Carmine Falcone
Rutger Hauer .... Richard Earle
Sara Stewart .... Martha Wayne
Richard Brake .... Joe Chill
Gus Lewis .... Young Bruce Wayne
Emma Lockhart .... Young Rachel Dawes
Linus Roache .... Dr. Thomas Wayne

Don't forget who the director is...Christopher Nolan (Memento,Insomnia...)
And Bale is the perfect guy for the Batman role!

Really lookin forward to this movie, I loved the first two movies, but the last two were complete pish, Michael Keaton was an awesome Batman, Val Kilmer tried his best to look more wooden than the inside of Ikea, and George Clooney just walked about thinking about the money some damn fool decided to throw at him for it.b

Batman and Robin wasnt entirely Clooneys fault, it was the fucking awful script and cheesy bad guy. Yes, I know there were 2 bad guys in that film but Uma wasnt that bad. Arnie, however, was fucking rubbish.

Looking forward to the new film and think Bale will make the Batman role his own

This movie is really gonna kick ass. IMO Batman is definately the best super hero ever!

I think I'm too cynical to believe a Batman film will be any good. Still prefer the corny 60's series for entertainment value.

crayon said:
I think I'm too cynical to believe a Batman film will be any good. Still prefer the corny 60's series for entertainment value.

I have been a Batgeek for years and I can't say I am too hopeful about this film either. Big cast but probabaly no substance. Caine, Hauer & Oldman are hammy.

The costume & Batnobile look Sh@te,

jamie_mack said:
This ones suposed to be really dark isnt it?

Yeah. Back to Batman's grittier origins.

Anything beats Arnie as Mr Freeze!! :lmao:

This seems like it is going to be the Batman film most fans want to see. Bale and Nolan seem to understand the Batman mythos and the inherent danger involved with such a character. It's not supposed to be funny or campy, and as he has no superpowers everything he uses must have a practical application, hence the batmobile looks more like a tank. The suit is supposed to be the ultimate in stealth technology, kinda like sam fishers in splinter cell. After reading the script, I think this one may be on a par with Burtons version and might even better it.

madman666 said:
This seems like it is going to be the Batman film most fans want to see. Bale and Nolan seem to understand the Batman mythos and the inherent danger involved with such a character. It's not supposed to be funny or campy, and as he has no superpowers everything he uses must have a practical application, hence the batmobile looks more like a tank. The suit is supposed to be the ultimate in stealth technology, kinda like sam fishers in splinter cell. After reading the script, I think this one may be on a par with Burtons version and might even better it.

Yeah, I agree.
I'm confident from what I've seen in Trailers/Tv Spots that this is gonna be fantastic. And another thing that makes it great is it hardly uses any CGI at all, which considering most of the top movies out this year (War Of The Worlds, Sin City, Star Wars etc...) are nearly all CGI esp Sin City.

I am really looking forward to seeing this film.

Great cast list, trailer looks interesting and good choice of director.

At least it should be better than Batman & Robin.

Back
Top Bottom