Battlefield 2 : Modern Combat PC & Consoles

Re: Battlefield 2

Flawl3ssCowb0y said:
Guys, your not allowed to talk about this, you should know that

What I'm talking about is fake anyway. I'll edit my post if you want though :)

just been reading the q&a on ign.

I like this idea it was sorely missing from 1942 and dc and bfv.

"Additionally, non-combat vehicle operators will get assist points when a passenger gets a kill."
Also read that medics get points for helping people out and engineers get points for fixing stuff.
definately sounds like that will help the overall game.
it says onthere as well there is a demo out on 10th June
game on

there will be a demo tomorrow (friday). we will see but after battlefield vietnam i'll not buy the game before i played the demo ;)

From www.totalbf2.com
Gamespot Announce Demo Plans
Fri 10 Jun 2005, 12:22 AM |
Finally some solid information has been released about the demo, and it comes via Gamespot. Still no date though, but atleast it is confirmed where it will come from first.

Although Battlefield 2 won't invade stores until June 21, PC gamers will get a chance to test-fire a demo of Electronic Arts' shooter sooner. EA confirmed today that it is planning to release a sample of Digital Illusion CE's forthcoming modern-combat shooter "very soon." When the Battlefield 2 demo is released, it will make its world premiere on GameSpot, and will be initially available not only to GameSpot registered users but also to unregistered visitors as well.

Seems that those who paid $7 for a membership will only benefit from faster downloads, as non members can still download it as well for free. Read this page for general information about the demo and the exclusive. Lastly, you may want to bookmark this page as it looks to be the place where the demo will be released.

http://www.gamespot.com/promos/bf2demo.html

fecking time limit on the demo?? grrr
It better be about 30 mins not 5 or anything daft.

screen_of_day_6_9_05.jpg

Looks a bit shit tbh, graphically that is

Aye go on the official BF2 site and look at some of the screenshots.
They are taken on max settings i reckon and look the dogs danglies.

That screenshot above looks like lowest settings no AA etc etc

ClassicD said:
Still no demo... :-k

:( There's so many rumours flying around it's unbelievable. It's now being said that it will be sometime this weekend. Apparently the demo is still being tested.

Since there is a lot of interest in the demo, this post is the official news, which will be updated every time we know something for certain.

As of 11:40am BST today, the expectation is that the demo will not be available today as it has yet to pass final stage testing.

The demo is anticipated to release tomorrow at which point it will only be available on Gamespot for "Gamespot Complete" subscribers.

The full open-to-all release of the demo is expected next week. We do not have a fixed day for this release at this time.

http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=519

Well sod that then, bloody arseholes - why are GS complete members getting it before the public, fucking eejits! Already heading down the 'not buying this game' track purely because of crap like that.

Yeah I'm sure the game will be available to everyone on Gamespot meaning you don't even have to sign up if I understand correctly. It will also be available at the main BF2 website. It would just be nice to have an exact time of release.

Edit - New rumours that the testing is complete and it should be out 'soon'.

Last edited:

Update :

You'll like this one.

The demo has passed all test stages now and is currently in preparation to go live. I'll just fish up some links and work out the timings I've been given and edit this post accordingly, but I wanted to give you the news as soon as possible.

Thanks for baring with us.
http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=519

8)

I think the internet's about to collapse!!

Last edited:

Everyone going straight for the ranked servers?
The ranked ones sound brilliant, should stop all the pillocks.

Is it just me or is the official forums down? The link posted above. DAMMIT RELEASE THIS!

I am trying to update the news but due to the exceptionally heavy server load this is not an easy task.

If you could leave the site for 10 mins, I'll try to get the news edited.

Thanks.
from a mod.

Milanista said:
Is it just me or is the official forums down? The link posted above. DAMMIT RELEASE THIS!

Yeah the guy that wrote that update has requested everyone leave the site for 10 mins so he can edit it!!!

Blimey on that gamespot forum
7 pages of posts in about 20 minutes!
1k download speed here we come. :\

Back
Top Bottom