Battlefield 2 : Modern Combat PC & Consoles

Re: Battlefield 2

Aye I will be. It is looking the dogs danglies at the moment.
The min specs are pretty high though.
1.4 ghz cpu (amd 2200)
geforce 5200!
512 mb ram

Minimum specs? More like low specs :D *rubs his PC*

Can't wait for this. Looks amazing and I loved BF1942 and BF:Vietnam. As long as the formula is the same, anything else is a bonus!!

What's your specs guys? Flawl3ss you sound as though you've got something special there?

Mine's pretty average although I have a decent graphics card so I'm hoping I can play from mid to max settings. I like to play with AA on though. Can't be havin' no jaggies now ;)

XP-M 2500+
1GB RAM
X800 Pro
200+ GB HDD

Well if a 1.4GHz processor is minimum spec I don't think you'll be havin many probs. I think I read somewhere that a 3GHz proc was what was needed to run at max settings so you'll be sorted. I'd say if you were to have a prob though, it would be that you only have 512MB RAM.

I upgraded a few months back with BF2 in mind :)

amd64 3800
gf 6800 gt
1gb corsair 2-2-2-5 ram

Im just wondering with the quite high min spec how many people will be online to play against. I hope it doesnt "out spec" too many people like.

Yeh I'll be playin this as well and if it is as good as it's looking I'll be organising a clan for it, hopefullly anyway.

Jabb3r

Found this on another forum, think it's taken from IGN forums :)

once and for all: (correct me if this wrong)

step 1: identify your sistem

AMD xp
1500+ very low settings
1800+ low settings
2000+ minimun settings
2400+ minimum settings
2600+ mid settings
2800+ mid-high settings
3000+ high settings

AMD 64
2800+ mid-high settings
3000+ high settings
3200+ high settings
3400+ high settings
3600+ and above insane settings

intel p4

1.5 very low settings
1.6 very low settings
1.8 low settings
2.0 low settings
2.4 mid settings
2.8 mid-high settings
3.0 high settings
3.2 high settings
3.4 high settings
3.6 and above insane settings

RAM

256mb very low settings
512mb mid-low settings
1GB mid-high to high settings
1.5gb high settings
2GB insane settings

Video Cards

ATI

8500 low settings
9000 low settings
9500 se low settings
9600 se low settings
9500 low settings
9600 low settings
9500 & 9600 pro mid settings
9800 se mid settings
9800 mid settings
9800 pro mid-high settings
x700 pro mid-high settings
9800 pro 256mb med-high settings
x800 pro high settings
x800 pro xt and above insane settings

NVIDIA

GeForce Fx (GeForce 4 will not work)

5200 low settings
5400 low settings
5600 low settings
5800 low-mid settings
5900 low-mid settings
5800 u mid settings
5900xt mid settings
5950 mid settings
6600 mid settings
6600 gt mid-high settings
6600 gt 256mb high settings
6800 and above insane settings

step 2: do the math

if you have a low processor and a mid ram and low video card: low+mid+low= low settings

mid+mid+low: mid-low settings
mid+mid+mid: mid settings
high+mid+mid: mid settings
high+high+mid: mid-high settings
high+high+high: high settings
insane+high+high: high settings
insane+insane+insane: give me your computer

Deffo picking this up, hope to see some of you guys online. What's EA's online thingy like for PC games (as you have to go thru their bit in this btw)?

One thing I absolutely hated about BF1942 (enough to stop me buying it, I only played the demo) was the infantry combat. The vehicles were great, but when on foot the fighting was piss-poor, really shit. I'm slightly worried about this again because in a recent video of BF2 it showed a sniper need about 3/4 hits on someone to kill them :/.

Should have no probs with the spec.

I also disliked the infantry combat in BF1942 but thought the addition of vehicles more than made up for it. Actually the best thing about BF1942 was it's mods. I loved playing the Forgotten Hope mod. 1 shot kills. Fancy installing it again now!

I wouldn't be surprised if BF2 needed 1 or 2 patches to get everything perfect. BF1942 was that way. I'm not sure about what you mean by EA's online thingy though. Is this some new addition to their online games or something?

You have to create an EA account I think, I'm not sure how it's done as I don't own any EA games for the PC which have used this method. It's maybe a bit like Burnout 3 on XBL for example, you had to login to their servers as well as MS'.

whats the release date?
Ive seen on some website saying its gone gold like.

21 june,gone cold cuzof the amount of people who have pre ordered it already like me

Gone gold means the game is done, it's nothing to do with volume of pre-orders. :eh:

Aye it means the final disc has been burnt at the developers and sent to the copying company. If I remember rightly.

21st june! right better go preorder then.
Cheers

Newest pics at gamespot look a well below par atm . Lets hope they where using a geforce 4 mx cos thats the only thing that could warrant such so many jaggies

I reckon thats on 1024x768 looking at the size of the text.
I see in the article they say they only have radeon 9800
so I am assuming they havent got AA on either or it would bring that card to its knees!

munkee said:
Newest pics at gamespot look a well below par atm . Lets hope they where using a geforce 4 mx cos thats the only thing that could warrant such so many jaggies

Well it's definitely not a GeForce 4 card anyway cos they're not supported by the game! :)

jonneymendoza said:
no gold means around 100 00 people have pre ordered it already

:lol:

No it definitely means the game is finished, the master copy has been made and is ready to be replicated.

jonney, it doesn't, that's audio cds you're talking about. :)

And I'm pretty sure EA will make you create an EA 'account' as well, read it's something to do with them being able to track your stats at all times, no matter what type of game you play. I'm sure they already require you to do this with games like FIFA on PC just now anyway?

Gold/Release

The gold or release version of a product is the final version of particular product. It is typically almost identical to the final release candidate, with only any last-minute bugs fixed. In commercial software releases, this version may also be signed (used to allow end-users to verify that code has not been modified since the release).

The term gold anecdotally refers to the use of "gold master disks" which were used to send the final version to manufacturers (who use the gold master to create the mass-produced retail copies.) It may, in this context, be a hold-over from music production.
Wikipedia

There you go Jonney boy ;)

And yeah that makes sense Classic since they're keeping rankings and stats. Should be interesting.

Back
Top Bottom