Battlefield : Bad Company Series

Conquest is also great for getting tons of XP.

Anyone on later for a bit of BF? Vietnam? Message me.

I'll message you when I see you, I'll be online until the match at 8pm.

Yep, helped me a lot when playing as recon. I'd like to drop medikits but the medic gun is shit and has no range whatsoever. And until you unlock the medikit, medic is a bit pointless, no?

Yep, helped me a lot when playing as recon. I'd like to drop medikits but the medic gun is shit and has no range whatsoever. And until you unlock the medikit, medic is a bit pointless, no?

I must admit, having to unlock the medikit is a strange design choice.

Some of the medic guns are quite useful once you get magnum ammo or the advanced grip. The M60 and MG3 are devastating at close range, the M60 can be decent at long range using burst fire. The XM8 and MG36 are very decent and have more of an assault rifle feel to them.

The G3 is the daddy though, once you unlock it.

Not sure if this is just the PC version but ... how the fuck do you even get close to a decent K/D ratio?! Every game I join it seems I'm being spawn-killed by snipers, if I manage to go anywhere then assault people are picking off at will as they seem to know exactly where I'm going to be. If I manage to actually find someone and get some shots into them, I put a full clip away, they turn around and kill me with one shot.

I mean come on, it seems far worse than COD at the moment with newbies not even standing half a chance!

And is every map a desert or snow map?

It takes a lot of practice, it's what's put off some of my friends from playing. When you first start playing, you have to concede that you'll get a hammering. Just concentrate on playing cautiously and helping your team mates for extra points/unlocks.

I'm playing through the ranks on PS3 and can't overstate how important magnum ammo is. One you have that, everything is gravy :)

I've gotten a bit better now playing as medic/assault and just watching out for people tagging the enemy and going after them.

But as you say, that magnum ammo seems to be the difference really. Kinda annoying that ranking up doesn't just give better weapons but gives you a massively clear advantage over people just starting up with the basics.

I've gotten a bit better now playing as medic/assault and just watching out for people tagging the enemy and going after them.

But as you say, that magnum ammo seems to be the difference really. Kinda annoying that ranking up doesn't just give better weapons but gives you a massively clear advantage over people just starting up with the basics.

Yeah restarting the game without magnum ammo, you can really see the difference because so many people seem to get clipped then somehow get away by running round a corner or hiding behind something. Magnum ammo means it drops players in far less bullets, something I've noticed because I seem to be using more ammo than I used to!

This game just gets funnier and funnier. I was swimming across a small river on Oasis last night and some guy flew round the corner in a boat, and he got a roadkill in the water without even knowing I was there! Was pretty funny.

A little later on I was running through some thick bushes when for no reason whatsoever I swiped my knife, and it came up as a kill and someone's dogtags popped up. At that exact moment while running I managed to knife someone who must have been squatting in a bush when neither of us realised the other was there :P

I've been getting back into the Vietnam DLC. Not too fussed about my K/D ratio now, as I'm getting blitzed by the pro's on those maps. Still all good fun though. Got the 20 kills with the flamethrower achievement and for destroying the propaganda hannoi hannah speaker.

I hear ya on getting blitzed. I played regular BC2 this weekend and most games were crazily one sided, mostly involving squads of level 50's racking up about 90% of the total scoring in the game, killing our team in our own base non-stop, no matter which game I joined. Frustrating. On Atacama they whittled all of our tickets on Rush down to zero pretty much before anyone managed to venture past the walls that lead to the path into the town below. You'd respawn then immediately have to hide further back than your own spawn point for flying bullets.

I keep trying to invent silly things to do in this to keep it more interesting, managed to attach C4 to someone without them knowing, watched them run across the open map then detonated. Pretty funny.

:LOL:

Quite enjoying this now, although my K/D ratio is poo at 0.41 or something awful :(

Really need to grind to level 15 though, it seems Magnum Ammo makes a huge difference. At times it's felt like I've been shooting rubber bullets whilst they shoot me twice and I'd dead.

It was amazing how much I looked at my k/d ratio when first playing BC2, as that was really the main point of COD etc. Now I don't even look at it, it's all about getting the team win and, for me, getting all the pins/badges etc. That's really fun. But, Dags, yeah I never take off Magnum Ammo. You really can notice the difference.

My K/D ratio has always been pants - normally between 0.75-0.9 - but I don't really care as it's meaningless too me. It's not a measure of how much fun I'm having.

I worry more about the overall objective and will be one of the few that will charge in to try and disarm an M-Com in a hail of fire. I don't see the point in playing these games if you're just going to sit back and pick off others. I like a good close quarters gun battle. If there was an option to disable sniper rifles and 4x/12x scopes, I would.

My K/D is 1.53 and I consider BC2 a pretty difficult game online.

It's between 1.98-2.00 on Black Ops, lol.

I'm going to start playing this a bit more, as I'm tired of COD recently.

Just out of interest I checked out my stats, my k/d ratio is 1.7, which is okay I guess - the reason why k/d is pretty meaningless is because for every person who's got a worse k/d ratio than you, there'll be a ton of people with miles better ratio's too. So it's best to just concentrate on playing as a team, it's more fun helping your team mates win a round than just getting your average up.

Mine is 0.86, I too don't pay any attention to it.

I waste a lot of bullets, sometimes on purpose (distraction bullets).

I really can't understand how you lot have got good K/D ratios, it honestly feels like I've got rubber bullets on this. Lost count of the amount of times I've battered someone with bullets and they shoot me with nothing and I die. Magnum ammo has completely fucked the balance of the game and you're at a severe disadvantage until you've spent enough time being cannon fodder to get to level 15.

Going off this more and more with each game unfortunately. Getting fed up of shooting people and it having no effect whilst I seem to have no resistance to anything whatsoever. Really, the balance of the game just makes the strong stronger and it's ridiculous trying to compete when level 15+ have such better ammo and weapons whilst you're stuck with the shit guns with no damage and rubber bullets.

Really fed up with the game a lot of the time. When it's good, it's a lot of fun. But more often than not I'm just racking up kills for the Magnum Ammo crew.

It also doesn't help that nobody actually plays it other than a squad deathmatch. What's that? The bomb has been planted? Right, I'll go to diffuse it ... but why am I running across when there's THREE of my team standing 5 foot away at the top of the stairs all pointing at the M-COM but not actually bothering to diffuse the thing?!

It's basically COD on a larger level, isn't it?

Well I just tried playing it tonight, was the singularly shittest fucking gaming experience I've ever had with an online game. Unplayable thanks to awful matchmaking. In over an hour I was pretty much forced to quit a total of SEVENTEEN consecutive games, all different lobbies, because the games were stupidly one sided.

Amongst the 'gems' from tonight, included spawning for the very first time into a map literally, and bizarrely, as I'm already being shot. I didn't get a chance to see the screen load properly before I was shot in the back.

Every single lobby, game, whatever, consisted of either joining an attacking team who were so awful not only did they fail to take a single objective (on Rush), but were getting slaughtered in their own base. EVERY. SINGLE. GAME. So you leave, re-join another game, same story. If you join a team of defenders, the enemy run in and take both objectives literally within 25 seconds. Try to defuse it yourself? Nope, you get shot by pretty much all twelve of the enemy players.

I even joined the game as an attacker on Atacama desert, and on that massive long stretch of road before you get to the first base, there were tanks, snipers and assault players all within 30 yards of the my spawn area. The'yd got themselves all the way down the map. Never seen that before, and every game was farcically one sided.

I've never seen anything like it, seventeen consecutive games of either spawn killing in our base or the opposition waltzing in, taking the bases within seconds, and killing you for trying to defuse them when it's pretty much 12 vs 1.

Over an hour playing and I never finished one game, I wasn't going to spend my time sitting there getting shot before the game even loads and puts me fully into the game, or repeatedly getting shot from all angles because it's basically 12 v 1 and they're swarming all over you.

Dags, the problem you're probably getting is lag. It badly manifests itself, when it happens, by getting hit markers and nothing happens. I get it all the time. I can shoot a guy six or seven times as he runs across an open field and he'll disappear behind a shed, pop his head up, then shoot you in two bullets. I've even directly impacted a guy with TWO grenade launchers only to get hit markers, and he's shot me with a pistol.

Last edited:
Conquest is the way to go for me now. It feels like a more balanced game mode, even though you still get those shit-itchingly frustrating moments when the enemy gets all three points and swarms your base. But at least trying to hold 3 or 4 points is harder than defending an M-Com station.

I had a quick go on Oasis last night and I was on fire, getting a k/d of 3.57. This never happens to me.

I'm about ready to give up on this, the PC version is just full of aimbots and hacks.

What hacks are going down on the PC version Dags? Though the console version seems a bit mismatched and laggy, I don't think there are any major hacks etc going on.

Aimbots and "multihacks" it seems. I, and other lads in my work, are getting killed a few times by people where they're spraying whole clips in random, frantic directions and killing everyone and anyone. Like their mouse has gone crazy, but it's locking onto people while they swing their gun around.

People are getting kicked from servers all the time for it but some are still getting through and it's just ruined the game for me.

Thinking about getting Homefront for the multiplayer.

Might be a good shout, I've played this for the best part of the last year but it's gone utterly piss poor in the last few weeks.

I tried playing again tonight and quit a series of games because the lag was unplayable. Nothing noticeable other than the fact that the enemy team would take a seemingly infinite number of hit markers and still survive. I shot some guy in the legs while he was hiding behind something, with an M60 plus Magnum Ammo, ONE HUNDRED times. The entire M60 clip. He just stood there as if he didn't know he was being shot and ran off. I definitely hit him because each burst of fire got multiple hit markers.

Then, the thing that made me switch it off, was that I ran up and stabbed a sniper in the back. The knife went into him, including blood, and nothing. During the delay between trying it again, he turned round. I knifed him a second time, again he didn't drop. He swung his knife once and stabbed me for the kill. Ludicrous.

Added to that, I seemingly can no longer play with my mates in a party, or have voice chat in-game, because it says there is a 'problem'. Brilliant. No party chat in a predominantly team based game. That's been going on for weeks now, it's as if Battlefield 3 is round the corner and all resources/effort is now going into that rather than maintaining their servers. I'm sure other people's game is fine, but mine's unplayable, and it seems like a different frickin' problem every time I load the game up. But not being able to play with my mates is really killing this game to be honest.

Just knifed someone twice myself, he didn't die either.

Have a look at BC2 Stats Verse and sort by K/D ratio, or points. Some unbelievable hacking goes on.

Wouldn't surprise me, do you reckon it can happen on console? There was this level 50 guy playing like an asshole earlier, knifed me three times despite me firing on him, with hit markers, from about 10 feet away. He just ran towards me every time, through the bullets hitting him, and knifed me. He loved to hang around behind the spawn areas and was on something crazy like 6000 points. But I found it odd how he just seemed like he was bordering on invinsible, nothing I did could ever take him down. When most people get shot they fire back or hide, he did neither every single time, just confidently sprinted 'into' the bullets and knifed me, like he knew nothing was going to harm him. Over and over again. Strange.

After that delightful experience, I left and joined another match. Eleven of the 12 opposing players were level 50's, and they took both of the first bases and only lost three tickets. 25 seconds later, they set the next charge, and I didn't see any point and left the game again. If it's not lag, it's team mates seemingly not even understanding the objective of the game, or playing crazy hardcore level 50 guys who've spent half their waking life on the game running round trying to spawn kill you. The fun seems to have drained out of this by poor maintenance and people playing like assholes.

Even since posting earlier complaining about lag, more bizarre stuff has happened. I tracer tagged and blew up THREE choppers in one game, no other rockets were fired, and I saw all three, clear as day, and I got absolutely no points for it. None. Oh, and I got in a tank, an enemy player was lurking in our base yet again, and I fired the main artillery shell with the sight directly over his body from extreme close range. The shell went through his body. I then tried to fire a rocket using my alternate/secondary weapon perk, and it wouldn't fire even though I hadn't used it since getting in the tank. Guess what then? He blew me up with C4. Apparently if you blitz him with artillery shells he has the ability to make them go straight through his body.

Back
Top Bottom