• Note for new users: Please keep your posts English or we will delete them. There's a "No English?" area in our Editing discussion forum for those who prefer writing in their native language.
  • Site maintenance info: We got rid of the "Patches and Option Files" area and moved all threads from 2020 to their corresponding subs in the Editing area. Let me know if you're missing a thread or face any other issues related to this move. /Tom

BBC Sports Personality of the Year Awards

crayon

Champions League
23 October 2004
Japan
Liverpool FC
Don't know about you, but i feel that was a con job. Zara Phillips is very talented for sure, but that was a BBC pandering to the royals methinks. Joe Calzaghe would have been a much more worthy winner.

Actually, I can see why they called it "Personality" now rather than "Person".

.......which brings me to think...."why the hell is Gary "charisma bypass) Lineker presenting?".

Carl

Ban Master
Staff
27 December 2001
N.I.
West Ham United FC
Tis a piss take, I would of given it to Darren Clarke, but yes tis a very political style vote, it's been a shambles for years and I dont think it means alot anymore anyhow. Who really cares.

crayon

Champions League
23 October 2004
Japan
Liverpool FC
I know it's a complete piss-take but it seems the BBC is devoid of personality, ideas and just puts up trash tv (minus Planet Earth I grant you) and keeps robbing us of the licence fee which could then wholly go to Sky!!

Mart

Executive Janitor
Staff
28 February 2002
NYC
Darlington FC
Phil Taylor all the way. Didn't watch it for the above reasons but he still should've won.

Cloud1863

Premiership
10 December 2004
Stoke City
I just seen it this morning, the result I mean. How poor can you get, it would have been great to see The Power win. :)

crayon

Champions League
23 October 2004
Japan
Liverpool FC
Agree. Nasty jacket mind....although not as bad as Darren Clarke's suit (shiny 80's material) and not as ill fitting as the St. Helen's rugby league team captain's...:D

Ad16

Premiership
13 November 2006
Agree with most of the previously said comments, it was bollocks. My biggest gripe though is the presenters. Gary 'the bore' Lineker and Sue 'the bouffant' Barker are cringe worthy at best.

Top Bottom