Beginner needs help from experts!

I

inchpractice

Five questions for you. Even if you can only answer one of them that would be helpful. Thanks.

1. Does anyone know of a way to stop the goalkeeper from aimlessly booting the ball upfield when he takes goal kicks?
I know that you can press :r1: to make him drop the ball and you can also press the :x: button to make him throw the ball but I want him to wait until all my players are back in formation THEN throw the ball.
If you wait a few seconds he always automatically boots the ball away which really pisses me off.

2. Also, how do you make purchases from the PES shop? I have plenty of points but the shop area is greyed out and won't let me make a purchase. Is there a minimum points requirement?

3. Is there a way of slowing down the power/height bar on the shoot :square: button? It seems that pressing the button for just a split second results in the full bar (too high).

4. When your midfielder approaches your strikers and they're all marked by the oppositions back four, how do you do a quick ball over the top for them to run on to? I've tried using the cross :circle: button but it doesn't seem to work? Someone did it to me online once.

5. Can you change the colour of the ref's shirt? I often confuse him for one of my players and end up passing to him.

1.) I think you can't.

2.) I don't know what would be wrong there.

3.) The speed of the gauge depends on what controller you're using. PS2 ones are the best.

4.) :r1: + :triangle:

5.) You can't.

You can't use a PS2 controller on the PC though can you?

inchpractice said:
Five questions for you. Even if you can only answer one of them that would be helpful. Thanks.

1. Does anyone know of a way to stop the goalkeeper from aimlessly booting the ball upfield when he takes goal kicks?
I know that you can press :r1: to make him drop the ball and you can also press the :x: button to make him throw the ball but I want him to wait until all my players are back in formation THEN throw the ball.
If you wait a few seconds he always automatically boots the ball away which really pisses me off.

2. Also, how do you make purchases from the PES shop? I have plenty of points but the shop area is greyed out and won't let me make a purchase. Is there a minimum points requirement?

3. Is there a way of slowing down the power/height bar on the shoot :square: button? It seems that pressing the button for just a split second results in the full bar (too high).

4. When your midfielder approaches your strikers and they're all marked by the oppositions back four, how do you do a quick ball over the top for them to run on to? I've tried using the cross :circle: button but it doesn't seem to work? Someone did it to me online once.

5. Can you change the colour of the ref's shirt? I often confuse him for one of my players and end up passing to him.
Not sure if my answers will be helpful or if they're all correct but here's my thoughts anyways

1. No the maximum amount of time you can hold the ball on your goalkeeper in his hands is those few secs which ultimately if you don't press anything, he boots it up anyway. You may not like this but I guess it's there so when a player is winning he doesn't just hold ball in the goalkeeper's hands as that would be extremely dull.

2. When you say the shop area is greyed out? Do you mean you can't ENTER the Shop at all or do you mean the items inside the shop are greyed out. Cuz if that's the case then it's because they are all already unlocked.

3. No there is no way to slowdown how fast the power bar fills up. I also can tell you from personal experience that when I started playing this game for first time, this was my main gripe with it. The fact that it seemed sometimes I have basically tapped it for not even 0.5 secs but the bar fills up at extreme speed. However I can tell you I no longer have that problem and am perfectly fine with it so all I can suggest is to practice and quite it. (My brother when also learning this game had a really though time with this and almost quit because of it)

4. Basically to do a chipped throughball is the way Total said. However in this game usually chipped throughballs unless played at perfect timing by perfect players, it goes a bit too far ahead which usually means the keeper is too close to it and will come and grab it that's why depending on the distance it might be useful to get it over the top of the defenders for your fast striker to run into with a simple tap of :circle: or a few secs (depending on distance you want ball to travel).

5. No you can't change kit of referee but game usually picks one that doesn't conflict itself however sometimes yeh you're right it doesn't do a good job of that and it's pain in the ass.

take care

PLF said:
1. No the maximum amount of time you can hold the ball on your goalkeeper in his hands is those few secs which ultimately if you don't press anything, he boots it up anyway. You may not like this but I guess it's there so when a player is winning he doesn't just hold ball in the goalkeeper's hands as that would be extremely dull.

I think it is 6 seconds

Thanks for all your help guys.

Just a few more questions if you don't mind:

1. I've downloaded a patch but it doesn't include the Nike total 90 footballs. Does anyone know where to get them?

2. The patch has given Henry a really awful face :shock: How can I get the original one back without losing the patch?

3. Why are there no fans at any of the league games?! I've never seen a premiership game with no crowd! What were they thinking? Can I change that?

4. Has anyone else noticed that there's a huge difference between playing the game on level 2 and level 3?
I started playing the game on level 2 and now I beat every team 3 or 4 nil and win the league. So I tried playing on level 3 and I struggle to get a 0-0 draw? Finished down the bottom of the table...!

inchpractice said:
The patch has given Henry a really awful face :shock:
He does have an awful face in real life you know... All kidding aside, try some of the facemaker's threads in the editing forum.

Back
Top Bottom