Being able to change up your style in PES5

desiasx

Non-League
2 July 2004
Hello fellow WE/PES fans and thank you Konami for this lovely game. Now on to some hardcore discussion.

Ive noticed some players that are very one sided in theyre style of play. For example one player that would only do longballs, one of my friend is very much like that with Italy/France. Where he shoots up long balls and hopes to win it in the air somewhere infront of my box and then get a show or pass.

I have another friend that uses alot of technical and fast teams. He will ususally play it with the wings and then cross it in from the sides or pass the ball 45 degrees backwards and then get a shot in.

Now my point is that against these people we need to use 2 different styles of play, am I right? (please correct me if I am wrong).

What is the best ways to counter these 2 styles of play? I know against Brazil or other fast teams. I let my defence fall and make the area behind my defenders small so there is no space for thru balls. Also I try to close the gap between my midfield and defence by letting one or two of my DM come back when the other team is attacking. This works very well against good players that know how to use Brazil.

Now I am very weak in my attacking style but very good in defending. I have a very hard time making it thru the middle of the other team. Maybe because I use too much time in the attacking central midfield to pass it to the forwards? My best tactic is to pass to one back or winger, then cross it to the other side, send a thru ball to the winger and cross it in and hope for a goal. These are so called 50/50 chances I can make. But very few times I get 1v1 with goalie. Also crossing it to the other side every time makes the other player know what I am upto. I was hoping for some tips I can use to change up my style of play. Thank you everyone.

The best way is to play your own style and then inflict it on the opposition!

Jack Charlton managing tactics of awesomeness!

Sounds a bit like me, mate. Although I manage to get 1vs1 with the keeper, but my finishing is poor. But what do you do against players that don´t seem to create a good attacking move and just dribble their way through? I hate those bastards, just poor and nowhere near the real football world.

Yeah that Ronaldinho is a right bastardo, right?

Dribble dribble dribble. Git.
239165487.gif

newblood8 said:
Sounds a bit like me, mate. Although I manage to get 1vs1 with the keeper, but my finishing is poor. But what do you do against players that don´t seem to create a good attacking move and just dribble their way through? I hate those bastards, just poor and nowhere near the real football world.

You´re maybe be right but when I play against some players wich cover all my pass lines so I can´t pass the ball sucessfully around my players (as I love to do) I have to dribble, dribble, dribble... until the opening and then pass. There isn´t another way I can score goals against that players that cover all the pass lines so no way I´m a bastard :P Those players wich cover all the pass lines usually use a defensive tactic with 2 dmf or just 2 centre fowards and 4 midfiliers and they always run backwards with the players when they´re defending so you don´t have any pass options, any free player. They run run run run backwards. No way I´m gonna deliver the ball so I just have to dribble until they come and aplly some pressure and then I start passing quickly the ball again. If they don´t come I just keep dribbling slowly and just shoot to the goal :) Against that kind of players I usually run forward with one of my CB until the opening or I just pass the ball to my left winger robinho and start dribbling the opposite defenders eh eh.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been trying to make a gap on the opposite side by bringing my central mid with the ball going towards one side. So that maybe one central defender follows me and then there is gap in the middle that I can send a thru ball to one of the strikers or do 1-2 pass with one of the strikers. This has been working good for me but still I like coming around from the sides and crossing in.

Back
Top Bottom