Ben Thatcher's Horror Tackle

That was predictable....but please ealaborate RuneEdge, that most objective of all football pundits...

Haaland did not go out of his way to end Keane's carrer, Roy Keane admitted it in print that he wanted to end Haalands career. Zidane headbutts Materazzi and nearly knocks him out stone cold just because Materazzi said that he wanted to 69 his sister but look at who gets the short end of the sticks: Thatcher. Why? Because he went for a 50/50 balll and happened to make contact with the head of a 20 mph flying Mendes who

a) provoked Thatcher before and during the game

b) was running nowhere for a ball that was going out of play

c) made a scene after the tackle making it worse than it actually was

d) is a player who has come under the radar of having bogus work permits in the UK

I'm not saying Thatcher is an angel but the lad shouldn't be singled out the way he has been.

Dermot said:
Haaland did not go out of his way to end Keane's carrer, Roy Keane admitted it in print that he wanted to end Haalands career. Zidane headbutts Materazzi and nearly knocks him out stone cold just because Materazzi said that he wanted to 69 his sister but look at who gets the short end of the sticks: Thatcher. Why? Because he went for a 50/50 balll and happened to make contact with the head of a 20 mph flying Mendes who

a) provoked Thatcher before and during the game

b) was running nowhere for a ball that was going out of play

d) is a player who has come under the radar of having bogus work permits in the UK

I'm not saying Thatcher is an angel but the lad shouldn't be singled out the way he has been.

This is about Portuguese vs English again, isn't it? It's sad for me and football that people like you actually exist. I won't even bother to prove the opposite of about everything you said because it's not worth my time.

Nothing to do with Portuguese versus English. What are you talking about? a) I'm Irish, b) I live in the United States and c) I didn't know such a rivalry existed. I'm just disputing a point from an angle that the majority are against, I know of course I'm going to have my back to the wall but what you just said is wrong, nothing to do with Portugal v England.

Dermot said:

This one is enough. Made a scene???? He needed to be given oxygen, he had to be hospitalized, he can't remember exactly what happened...

Maybe Pedro Mendes should've dived before Ben Hooligan Thatcher got to him eh?

How do you know that Mendes was like that? Did you accompany him the the back of the ambulance and hold his hand? You are just going with what the media feeds you like an otter would try and find water. I have a mate whose second cousin was one of the helpers to the ambulance crew that day and he helped roll him over to put him on the strecher, he said that in the huddle of bodies of the medical crew around him where no TV cameras could get in to see, Mendes was joking around and doing the C.ronaldo wink with his teammates in the hopes that Thatcher would see red. I'm not saying you have to believe that but I'm not the type of person who will automatically believe that mendes was injured like this just because some underpaid News of the World backpage journalist trying to get the big scoop says so. Show me the drip he was hooked up to, show me the medical papers. Also, if you look at the video it looks like Mendes stretches out to hit the crash barrier along the side with his head to make it look that extra little bit horrific. You can't deny some things you see.

Alright, I don't know. If Dermot says he knows that guy, it would be pretty paranoid to not believe him wouldn't it? Anyway, I stick to what I said first. They were both running at full speed. There's nothing you can do about it. How many deaths were there in World War II? Enough I think right? Why make duch a big deal out of this then?

What's more important??? Mendes or those who died in the thick of battle or in the airraids of the 1940's????

mendes_pedro.jpg

world-war-2-airplane-on-carrier.gif

I hope you guys can see through your anger and get the gist of what I'm talking about here.

If you lead your life in the view of the fact that a child in Africa dies every 3 seconds for lack of food or cheap medical attention then there's no need to argue about almost everything.

BUT, as you should know this is a Football Forum. And i'm not based on the shitty press from England, but the Portuguese press.

I'm not even gonna bother to discuss this anymore.

Don't waste your breath airjoca on people you wont every get through to. Everyone with good sense knows the challange was despicable, no matter how you wnat to coat it up with condoning it because people receiving worst treatments from being killed in war, famine etc.

Alucard said:
Wow. I see a few people here are feeling a guilty conscious of what I said about smelling a few hooligans around. Well lets start off with Stan. What I said about keane was that he had a reason for his actions. Haaland almost ended keanes career and while keane was on the floor, Haaland told him he was faking it. But you wouldnt care would you because you are a United hater. I dont have any idea what has my avatar to do with any of this?

how did Haaland nearly end Keanes career? look at the video and Keane tries to trip Haaland and hurts HIMSELF!!!!!

I see this thread is still diving into a pool of ignorance, stupidity and a general sense of people being naive.:roll: :roll:

Back
Top Bottom