Best Broadband deals

crayon said:
Mean gits, aren't they?

Take Ntl who im with never had caps before but now there putting 3gb download cap per month! I currently download on average about 5gb a day!

Yep, UK is one of the shittest with catching up like EU and Asia. British people like to con each other! LOL

Anybody got pipex's deal? Seems good in comparison to other shitty deals.

crayon said:
Anybody got pipex's deal? Seems good in comparison to other shitty deals.

Yeah had a quick look for you there best residential package is the "Solo 2000" is a 2mb download 256k upload uncapped service buts its £33.99 p/m and you still need you BT line!

Try doing a search for bulldog. My uncle reckons they have a 4 meg connection for £20 pm. Not sure about caps and that though.

i shall look at this closed next time . . yeah i know about the need their fone line, but they are doing free calls on that too :D

Geez - in the dark ages it seems....why the heck should I have to get another line or change it to a different company? Think we'll stick with the ole BT line and try and find a decent deal that doesn't compromise the normal number.

I have no idea what all these different speeds mean. They tend to make it as simple as possible over here. I should get one of the flyers to show you what speed they're advertising.

You still havent answered my first question correctly. When you download a file, what is the transfer rate?
On the 56k is was about 4kbs. On a 1mb connection you get about 100kbs.
What is it on yours?

And has anyone heard about the new 1gb connection thats comming out in HK?
Apparantly it will let you stream a full DVD.

sounds good. Crayon 1mbs is about 100kbs a second, or `mb, 2 mb connection is about 200kbs, or 2mbs, and so on. Its pretty simple tbh!!

Plus net have just introduced a 2mb unlimited service for 22 quid a month. Dont know if thats the best available but ive been with them a year and the customer service side of things is excellent no call centres and really fast support.

Hi,

can i ask what you guys think of this offer from Tiscali please. Basically i've been comparing this with similar priced packages from BT & Wanadoo and they both seem to limit you to 1 or 2gb a month. I also need some webspace which Tiscali provide too. cheers Db ps - ive already got a bt line.

-

Broadbandx40 only (2mbs)

£19.99 a month
FREE modem, FREE set up 15gb a month

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/products/nm/website/rabroadband/bundlex40.html

For me it would be a no go with it havin a 15gb a month limit all really depends on how much you download/upload!?

jamie_mack said:
For me it would be a no go with it havin a 15gb a month limit all really depends on how much you download/upload!?

hello mate, cheers for the reply.

i think that amount would be quite adequate for my needs and certainly dwarfs the 1 gig a month that BT Broadband basic offers for £17.99

would you consider Tiscali as being pretty reliable ?

ta

Yeah i had dial up off them a few years ago, they were very reliable, with great Customer service! As for Bt youd probably use 1Gb just surfing around what a joke!

I'm sticking with Telewest cuz they do my phone line, digital tv and my broadband. 4mb is about £50 a month but they dont have limits.

I complained to telewest that they were to expensive and they upgraded me to a 2 meg connection for the same price as a one meg, worth a try for any bl;ueyonder customers out there

ThomasGOAL said:
i have 20 mb/s
ADSL2+
Free phone
TV with more 300 channels

29,90 € / month

20mb ? u have to be joking, how long does it take u to download 600mb file ? 2 mins ? :lol:

In Europe everyone has ADSL2+, coming to Enlgaand in summer, speeds of 24mbs soon.

Back
Top Bottom