Best Broadband deals

crayon

Champions League
23 October 2004
Japan
Liverpool FC
Okay, here's the deal. I'm moving back to the UK shortly and have absolutely no idea about broadband deals in the UK. Preferably looking for one with unlimited downloading and modem included or rental (as I am doing same here). I've heard Tesco are good but I want your views! I'll be in the UK around June and hopefully soon after I want to be online. So to avoid using crappy dial-up I need to gather some, er, "research". Cheers in advance. :applause:

Thanks Holio. Didn't realise they were so slow! Been on 12M for years here and the latest packages are a lot faster than that with unlimited downloading......and the 8mb offer doesn't seem to apply to my area of the UK.:( Any more decent offers?

crayon said:
Thanks Holio. Didn't realise they were so slow! Been on 12M for years here and the latest packages are a lot faster than that with unlimited downloading......and the 8mb offer doesn't seem to apply to my area of the UK.:( Any more decent offers?

Out of sheer curiosity how much does that 12Mb package cost you a Month out there ?

Oh and in £'s please not Yen mate ;-)

Ta.

P.S. I can feel me building up to another "Rip-Off Britain" Rant here !

crayon said:
12mb!!!!!!!
Whats the download speed at? 1mb gives you about 100kbs.

Maybe I mistranslated......it says 12M on my invoice every month so I presume it had something to do with mbs but maybe not.:( The cost, including rental modem at 800yen (4 quid) a month including voip telephone comes to around 20 quid, unlimited downloading. I feel I'm going back in time and certainly don't want to be on crappy dial up. What do you guys use?

Will be in North Wales/Chester area.

Btw, it said 4.9mbps on my broadband speed check. I really have no clue about all this.... ;)

and ashmufc, it came out like this with your link:

Direction

Actual Speed

True Speed (estimated)
Downstream 472 Kbps (59.0 KB/sec) 509 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 208 Kbps (26.0 KB/sec) 224 Kbps (inc. overheads)

Last edited:
The bulldog sevice uses LLU, so that means they can give good speeds for cheap, they can give upto 8mb, but they are waiting. If you joinb htem , I reecoemend you keepo with BT and get a seperate phone line, as you need the bulldog line, that is what I am going to do. Because BT is the best IMHO

ashmufc said:
The bulldog sevice uses LLU, so that means they can give good speeds for cheap, they can give upto 8mb, but they are waiting. If you joinb htem , I reecoemend you keepo with BT and get a seperate phone line, as you need the bulldog line, that is what I am going to do. Because BT is the best IMHO

Wouldnt you then pay two line rentals from BT though?

Crayon did it not have a date at the top of the page saying when it will be available?

For Bulldog you HAVE to ahve a phone line. So thats £10.50 for that line. So 4mb unlmited is £19.50 + £10.50 phone line = £30.00 per moth. Good deal. You ahev to pay £60 for them to install your line, or you can replace BT with bulldog.

It was reading 7mbps before. Broadband here in Japan though is great. Everyone has it, it's cheap, unlimited downloads and the first three months are free!!

Yup, but did you read my first post? I haven't moved yet so I don't have a connection there yet.

Ah i see, when i put a number in right at the top of the page it should say when it will be available in that area! But theres no way your going to get a deal as you do in Japan, Apart from Bulldog your going to be paying a hell of alot for anything like the speed you have, Most other providers here in the Uk now have CAPS or are under 2mb in download speed :(

Back
Top Bottom