Best Buys - Player Thread

leandropuc86

Conference
29 September 2011
Ok, so we have a Football Life thread but no-one is talking about who they sign, why and their experiences with certain players. I felt like we have lotsa people playing Football Life on Master League, so how about we share our experiences with signings and transform this thread into a player guide? Guess it can be helpful for everyone, so here I go:

Name: Feghouli
Position: CMF, RMF, LMF, AMF, SS
Starting OVR: near 70
Value: Plays for Valencia, usually available on a free at the start of the second season. Salary is around 900k.

He's young, great dribbler, creative and versatile. Scores loads from AMF aswell (his optimal position is RMF). He's got 11 or 12 goals on my current season and he banged nine on his first, plus the assists.

Name: Sutto (WE United regen)
Position: CB
Starting OVR: Around 60-70
Value: Usually available for free on the second season or start of the 3rd.

Bargain of a player. He's 18 now and his OVR is 78 at my Saint Etienne game, 3rd season. Not that tall, but he's a great bet when closing down quick dribblers.

Name: Heycory (PES United regen)
Position: DMF
Starting OVR: Over 70 it seems
Value: Got him on a free, make sure you always search his name when negotiating and he will eventually appear.

His shooting power is 90 now. Wins a lot of headers, great tackler and passer of the ball. Box to box fella, one of my best buys so far. Soon I'll post a few more.

Last edited:
Sofiane Feghouli plays for Valencia. He was probably released just in case anybody thinks he starts as a free agent.

For people playing default Master League players, with no money on D2:

Name: Larsen Touré
Position: ST
Starting OVR: 69-70, decreases from half of the second season and on.
Value: 400k-600k, from Brest

Depends on your negotiation prowess. Touré is a decent finisher and comes at an affordable price. Average dribbler, but scores loads from headers in D2 and is a good bet for goals in your first season in D1 considering you got promoted at your first year.

Name: Tolchortrzyn (sp)
Starting OVR: Around 70+
Club: Szelawce (D2)
Value: I bought him for less than 500k.

He's a great CMF, box to box midfielder. Tackles well, can throw the odd through ball here and there and dictates the tempo. After being nurtured becames a good option for long range goals. Bargain buy and after three seasons he's 80 OVR for me, even without the best coaches.

Some more. By the way, if you've got a nice player to share please do!

Name: D. Rose
Starting OVR: around 70
Position: LMF, AMF, RMF, SS
Club: Tottenham
Value: I've got him on a free on the start of the second season, but he should come for less than 1 million.

Quick feet, nice dribbler and can score some goals. He managed seven or eight in his first season and is almost topping that. He's versatile but I like playing him as a left mid because he's a lefty.

Name: Roux
Starting OVR: over 70
Position: SS, CF
Club: Brest
Value: Should cost less than a million.

Nice dribbler, has a decent mid to near range finish. Signed him in January and he already got 5 goals, from 5 starts. The rest he came from the bench. Plays well even on a down arrow - he just scored one of my goals in a derby victory coming from the bench on a purple arrow.

Name: Ben Basat
Starting OVR: over 70
Position: Can play wings, CF
Club: Brest
Value: He's valued at 96k. As long as they agree to sell him, he should be REALLY cheap.

One of the best cost-benefit players in the game. Most of his stats are over 70, he's versatile and should develop into something quite nice to have in your squad.

Balboa - RMF. Very fast and strong fella, can beat his man and put a decent cross. Not sure of his availability, but I got him at the very start of ML and he's my assist leader.

Hey guys. Great thread.

I'm a noob to Master League/Football Life. Never really played ML in any of the previous PES. What I'm wondering is, how do you guys unearth good players like this? What exactly do you look at? Are there certain indications that this player will grow up to be good, or is it just your luck?

Ceasar Santin(Brazilian) SS/CF/AM/RM/LM as everything he's great value plays well and scores goals from anywhere and takes good free-kicks

he's like the new PES12 version of Willian(Brazilian) from PES11 as far as value goes on Master League

Last edited:
Good topic man

I play with pesedit patch so sorry if there's some difference in your ML

Name: Cédric Soares
Position: RB
Starting OVR: 75-76
Value: Around 1.5M i think

Good choice if you want a young, fast and offensive right back. He has good crossing and some cards. He plays for Academica de Coimbra.

Name: Zé Eduardo
Position: DMF
Starting OVR: 70/73
Value: He didn't renewed his contract so it was a free tranfer

This is for who plays with default players. You'll really need a decent DMF and he's good and probably cheap

C'mon guys more bargains

In case you guys are wondering, Sutto and Heycory are regens from WE United and PES United, respectively. Don't sign them at the first season - they will appear again once retired, at 2nd or 3rd season, with around 17-19 years and same stats. (I'll edit that post aswell)

Some more bargains (for guys playing default ML on D2):

Name: Gilnica
Position: LB
Starting OVR: 76
Club: Quaztolla (D2)
Value: You should get him for way less than 300k. Not too big of a salary too.

Doesnt improve that much, but he provides excelent cover in defense and makes good crosses aswell. A good starting left-back for D2 or even D1.

Name: A. Hammill
Position: LMF
Starting OVR: low 70's
Club: Wolves
Value: He cost me 600-700k, good signing for January transfer window. Salary is around 200k.

Pacey, decent dribbling skills and a average to decent finishing. He's no Overmars but he does the trick in D2 and becomes a good squad player in the upcoming divisions. His age also means he can improve a bit.

Last edited:
Hey guys. Great thread.

I'm a noob to Master League/Football Life. Never really played ML in any of the previous PES. What I'm wondering is, how do you guys unearth good players like this? What exactly do you look at? Are there certain indications that this player will grow up to be good, or is it just your luck?

Look at your scout description if the guy is the "real deal and there's not much space for improving" or if he's improving quickly. Sometimes he'll say the player should develop quickly, but play at a high level for a good period. The latter is your main goal, but those kind of players tend to be expensive.

At first I go for the OVR ability, then I check the stats I want a determined player to have according to his position. As I play mostly 4-2-3-1 with a lone striker, I want him to be tall, strong, with good shooting stats and preferably a nice rating for explosive power.

My wingers need pace, dribbling and long pass accuracy/speed. Midfielder need good ratings for short passes and preferably long passes aswell. Good technique, long range shooting and decent dribbling are nice to have, but you need to look at your budget and at which kind of player you can bring. All those stats in one will bring you to someone close to being World Class, so choose your preferences, and so it goes.

Build your team according to how you intend to play and bring the players. As for searching, try Advanced Search - value up to 300k, rating 75-109 and you'll notice quite a few names pop up.

Some other nice paths:

Advanced Search - Other - Position - Your choice
Advanced Search - PES League - Take a look at every club, PES League is a cheap place to buy filled with players in their mid 70's or even 80's.
Advanced Search - Free Agents - Always do this as soon as season one ends and you might get a few gems.
Search by name - Write down the name of a few good players you know are going to retire soon, they will usually appear again as regens. Dellas and Crespo come to mind.

Players like Heycory and Sutto, in the twilight of their careers, retain their stats as regens so make sure you keep searching for them. Heycory has a whooping 90 for shooting power for me, and his shot accuracy is nearing 80, which means he scores 80% of the time from long range when he's not under pressure and into some space.

Anyway, that's it, good searching and hope it helps. Will post a few more once I finish my current season.

Some players for offline master league...

Kim bo Kyung - South Korea(others)

A talented young player who can play all across midfield, versatile good body balance and great movement off the ball. Will offer your team energy and class, easily available for around 4m.

Blaise Matuidi - Paris SG.

A midfielder with his best years ahead of him, great as a deep lying playmaker as he posses the pinpoint pass card. As a CM he will offer you great movement due to having the box to box card. If your looking for someone to boss your midfield he could be the man.

Armin Bacinovic - Palermo

One of my first buys for Manchester United in offline ML, has the enforcer card, tough midfielder who also possess good technical qualities. Only 21 has the potential to be one of the best midfielders in the game. Expect to pay at least 8m for his services.

Last edited:
Some other players:

J. Martinez - plays SS, AMF, LMF, RMF and CF. Not that young, but has great technical stats, good dribbling and is signable even for a D2 club.

Tibéri - DMF from Ajaccio, young, develops quite well. Signed him as a 70 OVR, he's on 80 now and only 24, got plenty of room for improvement. Great free-kick taker, long rang shooter, tackler and everything you want from a DMF. The only problem is his height, so he loses quite a few balls on the air for taller players. Should be signed for less than 700k.

Back
Top Bottom