Best club in the world at the moment?

The best club in the world at the moment?

• Barcelona

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • Real Madrid

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 15 15.2%
  • Inter

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Bayern Munich

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Lyon

Votes: 24 24.2%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 27 27.3%

• Total voters

total

International
10 December 2005
Slovenia
Arsenal/OGC Nice
Right, there's this poll on a Slovenian footie site and I decided to open a topic about this here.

What club is in your opinion the best in the world at the moment?

Last edited:
At this point i'd say Lyon. Theyve been impressive and have carried their form over from last year. Barca have been disappointing, and so have the other teams. Barca only have the right to officially be named the best team due to their CL title.

marukomu said:
At the moment Man Utd are better than Chelsea.

the point here is who is the best club in the world at the moment,not who is better than Chelsea:roll:

It is not important to be the best team in the world at this moment...in april and may this makes more sense (nothing agianst this thread though).

ALAIN said:
the point here is who is the best club in the world at the moment,not who is better than Chelsea:roll:
And his point is (atleast this is what I think), Chelsea made the list on the poll but Man Utd didnt for no reason. Why is Madrid there and not Man Utd, Milan and Arsenal?

Tranmere Rovers...

Seriously though, I don't think you can say any team is "best". They're all best at different styles of play. Each team could beat another similarly-rated team if one team's style of play exposed weaknesses of the other - which doesn't mean that they're the best but their particular style is good against the other team's particular style. But not against every team's.

On that list, I would personally find Barcelona the most talented, but that doesn't mean that a team playing the right style of football couldn't beat them.

Surely this poll is about who is the best "club" not "team". Thats very difficult to define. Best club at the moment? Best club ever?

A pointless thread but not that pointless as I have made a contribution ;)

barce better than chelsea bull****
chelsea have played barce 6 times

barce w 2 d 2 l 2 = 8p
chels w 2 d 2 l 2 = 8p
which means on statistics there the same its just barce are highly overrated

AOBrien07 said:
barce better than chelsea bull****
chelsea have played barce 6 times

barce w 2 d 2 l 2 = 8p
chels w 2 d 2 l 2 = 8p
which means on statistics there the same its just barce are highly overrated
are you kidding me? you must be joking... barcelona won the CL my friend, and there domestic league... chelsea have not lived up to the hype in the CL

Lyon.

Their first defeat was yesterday when another channel showing Prison Break had a better tv audience :).

The club that makes the most revenue is the Best...lets face it a club that grows is always better.So Manutd and RealMadrid are the riches,but our they growing

csaunders said:
are you kidding me? you must be joking... barcelona won the CL my friend, and there domestic league... chelsea have not lived up to the hype in the CL

I kind of disagree, they beat Barca the year before, then lost. This year they have been much better than Barca and the two years previous to Barca winning they were better than Barca.

03/04 Chelsea Semi's Barca DNQ
04/05 Chelsea Semi's Barca 1st KO
05/06 Chelsea 1st KO Barca Winners
06/07 ?????

The obvious different is that Barca won it. If you take it solely from that angle.

04/05 Liverpool Winners Barca 1st KO
05/06 Liverpool 1st KO Barca Winners

They have the exact same record over the past two season and Liverpool are clearly in the better situation. So Liverpool and Barca are as good as each other in Europe, take into account that Liverpool won a Uefa cup title in modern times makes them a better European team.

Though the argument is Chelsea and Barca, If Chelsea were to win this year it would make it clear IMO that they are the best team in Europe atm. On current form Barca are not.

Cloud1863 said:
I kind of disagree, they beat Barca the year before, then lost. This year they have been much better than Barca and the two years previous to Barca winning they were better than Barca.

03/04 Chelsea Semi's Barca DNQ
04/05 Chelsea Semi's Barca 1st KO
05/06 Chelsea 1st KO Barca Winners
06/07 ?????

The obvious different is that Barca won it. If you take it solely from that angle.

04/05 Liverpool Winners Barca 1st KO
05/06 Liverpool 1st KO Barca Winners

They have the exact same record over the past two season and Liverpool are clearly in the better situation. So Liverpool and Barca are as good as each other in Europe, take into account that Liverpool won a Uefa cup title in modern times makes them a better European team.

Though the argument is Chelsea and Barca, If Chelsea were to win this year it would make it clear IMO that they are the best team in Europe atm. On current form Barca are not.
dude, are you serious, liverpool? Didnt they finish 12th in the prem that year.... cmon man. Barcelona won the double, liverpool didnt come close to a CL spot. They had to beg for one.... Your reasoning is very very very flawed.

Go away, do some research and come back when you know what youre talking about

CWright said:
Go away, do some research and come back when you know what youre talking about
ok chris, fine they finished 5th, ahhahaha, and yes they begged to be back in, they also finished a shocking 37 POINTS behind chelsea the league winners. Meanhwhile barca finished 12 points ahead of real madrid the same year they won the CL. My point still stands, comparing liverpool 2005 to barca 2006, its not even close who was better team. And if people hadnt noticed barca is in first place in la liga currently.... So as current champions of the CL and first place in spain, i still say barca is a better team then chelsea..

tuta77 said:
Lyon.

Their first defeat was yesterday when another channel showing Prison Break had a better tv audience :).

Aaaaaa i know what you're talking about...:lol:

As I mentioned it's down to your own perspective, so let's all agree that Saints are by far the best team in the world.... Ever was and ever will be.

Mind if I had to pick someone I'd probabaly go for Chelsea or Barca at the moment.

Chelsea have immense strength in depth and no shortage of talent one or two players aside (*cough* Shevwaste of moneychenko) and Barca have incredible talent. Ronny could make almost any team win something.

I've just bought an Aston Villa shirt off eBay for a fiver (was going to buy a Southampton one but they were too expensive). Therefore, my answer has changed to Aston Villa. :thumbup:

csaunders said:
dude, are you serious, liverpool? Didnt they finish 12th in the prem that year.... cmon man. Barcelona won the double, liverpool didnt come close to a CL spot. They had to beg for one.... Your reasoning is very very very flawed.

Well look at it how I put it across, Liverpool in Europe are a better side than Barca. Another thing they deserve to be in that poll more than Inter, Bayern and Real.

I can see how it is flawed as their domestic record is poorer, thats where Chelsea come into it. Chelsea are only missing the win to make them the best side in Europe, well on paper anyway. I'm pretty sure a lot of people would disagree that but mostly that stems from a . I am not saying that Liverpool are the best side in Europe but at the same time I am. A contradicion I know but they are an amazing CL team, if they could take that form into the Prem they would be up their for best team in Europe IMO. This will be Rafa's downfall I think, good enough for europe but not for the Prem.

Back
Top Bottom