Best FIFA 16 gameplay simulation settings are here. Best football game ever!

A couple of things I've discovered with v1.00 and sliders....

- Players trapping in this original version was a little problematic. Lots of first touches are quite off, rolling up the shin etc. I think EA actually made a point of mentioning this correction in v1.01. I'm playing with a reduced first touch error of 34 and finding it better.

- Pass error: I know completion % are too high in general, but something I've noticed in this version is passes aren't hit cleanly far too often (especially cross field passes) Too many passes are scuffed, spin wrong etc. I remember when looking through Frostbite files for FIFA 20, the way pass error shows itself in game isn't just in passes which are left or right of the target, but also 'over', 'under' and I think a couple of other scuffed varieties. This results in an inconsistent passing speeds, which I feel is a feature of the FIFA 16 ball physics that I dont like. I've reduced error to 40 and I'm finding the passing feels more consistent, with players connecting with the ball properly. I've not seen a real raise in pass completion % either which is positive.

I'm trying to fine tune some sliders for v1.00 and the Cheat Engine speed hack. I'd really recommend giving it a shot on PC, it makes the game much smoother and weightier. Now just to find a balance...

- Players trapping in this original version was a little problematic. Lots of first touches are quite off, rolling up the shin etc. I think EA actually made a point of mentioning this correction in v1.01. I'm playing with a reduced first touch error of 34 and finding it better.

- Pass error: I know completion % are too high in general, but something I've noticed in this version is passes aren't hit cleanly far too often (especially cross field passes) Too many passes are scuffed, spin wrong etc. I remember when looking through Frostbite files for FIFA 20, the way pass error shows itself in game isn't just in passes which are left or right of the target, but also 'over', 'under' and I think a couple of other scuffed varieties. This results in an inconsistent passing speeds, which I feel is a feature of the FIFA 16 ball physics that I dont like. I've reduced error to 40 and I'm finding the passing feels more consistent, with players connecting with the ball properly. I've not seen a real raise in pass completion % either which is positive.

I'm trying to fine tune some sliders for v1.00 and the Cheat Engine speed hack. I'd really recommend giving it a shot on PC, it makes the game much smoother and weightier. Now just to find a balance...
How high is the speed seven cheat engine?Do you use slow speed from inside the game?

I actually reduced my pass error too and increased the pass speed a little. But everyone plays differently and in different skill level. I play from the keyboard believe it or not. That might be a blessing in disguise. At least I never become a great player haha.

Hi, thanks for this program. But I have a problem that it does not want to work with Infinity Patch V4.0. At the same time, I know that I have already been able to install it on the Infinity Patch once. I tried to use it on a classic patch and it works. I don't understand what it could be. I always do the same according to the instructions, but I don't see changes in player ratings in the Infinity Patch.

Is there a World Cup 2022 mod available for FIFA 16?

I still have the ModdingWay Russia 2018 mod installed. It's absolutely sensational.

Hello guys. Didn't know where to ask but I have FIFA 16 on Origin, but I want the v1.exe, where can I find it ? I found the v1.01 but not the v1... thanks in advance.

@El Pajaro Hi there! Thanks a lot for this,, it's really quite needed for some aspects of FIFA 16!

I was wondering if there was a way to shut off accumulated fatigue entirely. I'm planning on playing a custom cup and there are two games per week, I'd like to play without accumulated fatigue so that my players are completely rested for each game (or at least have fatigue at the very minimum). Thanks in advance! :)

@El Pajaro Hi there! Thanks a lot for this,, it's really quite needed for some aspects of FIFA 16!

I was wondering if there was a way to shut off accumulated fatigue entirely. I'm planning on playing a custom cup and there are two games per week, I'd like to play without accumulated fatigue so that my players are completely rested for each game (or at least have fatigue at the very minimum). Thanks in advance! :)
In DLC/Footbalcompeng/dlc/data you will find cmssetting.ini. Open it and find the line "[FITNESS] // new energy recovery model - adam & simon"
You can change it there. I do not remember how to do it exactly, but I think it is not difficult. But as i remember after changes you need to regenerate all files again with CG explorer. I also think this recovery system is not good. If I play England career i always remove 1 domestic cup.

Last edited:
Today I wanted to try these settings..I was shocked by how real the game feels.
Introduction: I tested everything with the WC2022 patch (you can find it on SoccerGaming) and I've made some very slight changes to the recommendend settings in the first post.

I highlight in bold the changes I've made

Suggested: Legendary, 20 Minutes, Normal
Sprint5050
Acceleration5050
Shot Error5050
Pass Error5462
Shot Speed5050
Pass Speed4543
Injury Freq6060
Injury Severity3535
GK Ability4040
Marking6060
Run Freq.2020
Height00
Length5050
Width4040
Fullbacks4545
Power Bar50-
First Touch4555

Additionally I used Cheat Engine with speedhack set to 0.94

Will try more tomorrow but damn...i had alot of fun tonight!

Today I wanted to try these settings..I was shocked by how real the game feels.
Introduction: I tested everything with the WC2022 patch (you can find it on SoccerGaming) and I've made some very slight changes to the recommendend settings in the first post.

I highlight in bold the changes I've made

Suggested: Legendary, 20 Minutes, Normal
Sprint5050
Acceleration5050
Shot Error5050
Pass Error5462
Shot Speed5050
Pass Speed4543
Injury Freq6060
Injury Severity3535
GK Ability4040
Marking6060
Run Freq.2020
Height00
Length5050
Width4040
Fullbacks4545
Power Bar50-
First Touch4555

Additionally I used Cheat Engine with speedhack set to 0.94

Will try more tomorrow but damn...i had alot of fun tonight!
Does the game with the 2022 patch play equally well with Gameplayzer as without the patch ?

@Ciais
could you tell me which values in the cl.ini affect the defender's player running towards the ball to press on the attacker who will receive the pass ?

Check the video in the 1st post.

This (with the mods in the 1st post) was the only football game that I've ever played that even resembled a little bit of real football simulation. PES5 was good of its time though.

About 10-15 fouls per game and some other additions (described in the 1st post).

Check the video in the 1st post.

This (with the mods in the 1st post) was the only football game that I've ever played that even resembled a little bit of real football simulation. PES5 was good of its time though.

About 10-15 fouls per game and some other additions (described in the 1st post).
Was there ever a way found to fix the issue of not being able to move players in the formation edit screen. You can’t move players into custom defined positions for some reason after applying this db change.

I wish I could remember. I think I have to reinstall this with the World Cup 2022 mod. The 2018 mod was incredibly well done and I truly enjoyed the game with these settings.

Haven't been following the games at all. I bought both new FIFA and PES 2021 and after three hours of playing I deleted them both. Still no Ai fouls, not even a slider for that. What a joke. Then I installed some other PES-based community project... can't remember. Maybe based on PES20 or 21... everyone was raving about how realistic it was. Played that arcade game for 15 minutes and deleted it. I pretty much gave up. These games have very little to do with the sport of football. At least don't call them "simulations" if you can't even get free kicks.

I'm into sim racing these days and compared to that genre it's almost criminal how unrealistic the football games are. In sim racing you have truly realistic choices like Assetto Corsa, iRacing, Assetto Corsa Competizione... the aim is brutal realism. In football games the aim seems to be superhuman moves, no ai fouls, arcade-like pace and constant scoring flow. These games are total trash.

This was the only game besides PES5 that I really enjoyed. It had very good vibe.

Last edited:
It's the same with all EA titles on the sim racing genre. You have the Codemasters / EA Formula-1 series. Looks incredible, presentation is amazing, graphics... so well made. But the actual driving physics and wheel force feeback are laughable compared to real simulators like Assetto Corsa or iRacing. It's absolutely ridiculous. I'm not saying the official F1 series are bad games. They're not the driving is ok and fun. But they are not simulators. EA wants to make those games playable with a controller, sell more units and keep the gameplay easy. Those real sims have a huge learning curve and you have to invest to proper driving equipment. Most people are not willing to do that... and they don't have the patience, either.

Same for the football titles. They make them as accessible as possible. They don't want realism like fouls. That would interrupt the scoring flow and "fun". And boy, do they sell. FIFA 23 sold what... 40 million copies. People can play on their sofas and score 6 goals with Messi every game. 90% of the target audience love that. Can't blame EA for that... they want to make money.

Even among these modding communities most people just talk about graphics. Or what kind of shoes and shorts the players are wearing... are they jerseys accurate, etc. Who gives a flying f*****k if the games play like they (sadly) do.

They don't care about us hardcore football sim fans at all. We are in the minority.

The problem is that there are no alternatives. PES is exactly the same trash.

That is very strange as football is the biggest sport in the world. Where are the alternatives? Why so few football games? There are probably hundreds of racing games. And at least 5-6 racing games that are hardcore simulators. I have some track driving background and I'm amazed how well some titles drive. I'm not saying it's like driving a real car. Of course not, but the realism is as good as you can humanly possible execute on a video game. Football games are nowhere near that level.

You know EA just released their new rally game. It looks fantastic and it's a lot of fun. But Richard Burns Rally from 2004 is still way more authentic simulation of driving a rally car. RBR modding genre is huge. With some shader mods it looks good enough. Of course not even nearly as good as the new games. But people don't care as the actual driving is so good. When it was released it got bad reviews "Too hard", "Too unforgivable", etc. It wasn't accepted by the masses as it was so hardcore. But genuine rally fans still love it.

For us football sim fans... it's not necessary to always jump to the newest title. Especially if the older title is better, which, FIFA 16, with some adjustments, definitely is. I'll reinstall it and check out the WC 2022 mod. What a tournament it was.

PS: I'm sure there would be a big audience for a real football simulator too. Let's keep our fingers crossed that something eventually comes out.

Last edited:
It's the same with all EA titles on the sim racing genre. You have the Codemasters / EA Formula-1 series. Looks incredible, presentation is amazing, graphics... so well made. But the actual driving physics and wheel force feeback are laughable compared to real simulators like Assetto Corsa or iRacing. It's absolutely ridiculous. I'm not saying the official F1 series are bad games. They're not the driving is ok and fun. But they are not simulators. EA wants to make those games playable with a controller, sell more units and keep the gameplay easy. Those real sims have a huge learning curve and you have to invest to proper driving equipment. Most people are not willing to do that... and they don't have the patience, either.

Same for the football titles. They make them as accessible as possible. They don't want realism like fouls. That would interrupt the scoring flow and "fun". And boy, do they sell. FIFA 23 sold what... 40 million copies. People can play on their sofas and score 6 goals with Messi every game. 90% of the target audience love that. Can't blame EA for that... they want to make money.

Even among these modding communities most people just talk about graphics. Or what kind of shoes and shorts the players are wearing... are they jerseys accurate, etc. Who gives a flying f*****k if the games play like they (sadly) do.

They don't care about us hardcore football sim fans at all. We are in the minority.

The problem is that there are no alternatives. PES is exactly the same trash.

That is very strange as football is the biggest sport in the world. Where are the alternatives? Why so few football games? There are probably hundreds of racing games. And at least 5-6 racing games that are hardcore simulators. I have some track driving background and I'm amazed how well some titles drive. I'm not saying it's like driving a real car. Of course not, but the realism is as good as you can humanly possible execute on a video game. Football games are nowhere near that level.

You know EA just released their new rally game. It looks fantastic and it's a lot of fun. But Richard Burns Rally from 2004 is still way more authentic simulation of driving a rally car. RBR modding genre is huge. With some shader mods it looks good enough. Of course not even nearly as good as the new games. But people don't care as the actual driving is so good. When it was released it got bad reviews "Too hard", "Too unforgivable", etc. It wasn't accepted by the masses as it was so hardcore. But genuine rally fans still love it.

For us football sim fans... it's not necessary to always jump to the newest title. Especially if the older title is better, which, FIFA 16, with some adjustments, definitely is. I'll reinstall it and check out the WC 2022 mod. What a tournament it was.

PS: I'm sure there would be a big audience for a real football simulator too. Let's keep our fingers crossed that something eventually comes out.
F1 games must be playable with a controller otherwise they won't sell well unfortunately. The recent one is an improvement and there are options to make it more difficult. It's still a simcade though.
Other sports games have a ton of options to cater for both sim and arcade fans. Nba 2k24 and MLB The Show are representing the relative sports quite well especially the latter. Both these games have tons of sliders to customize the user experience. This is the problem with EA and their football game. They haven't touched the sliders since the first implementation. They don't have sliders to customize player individual attributes and skills. No slider for fouls etc. They just don't care to make a good football game and their devs are young ones who don't have a clue about coding. NBA 2k and The Show leading devs are experienced older ones.

Spot on. The lack of sliders is the biggest issues. The lack of referee strictness / foul slider is not unforgivable... it's absolutely braindead. I'm sure it'd be quite easily implemented to the menus.

I haven't played the recent NBA 2k titles. I think the last one I had was 2k10.

Back
Top Bottom