Best Formation Settings

F_Totti

Pes Pro
8 August 2004
Holland
Internazionale
Hi,

I stilll have some questions about the formation...

First of all:

What does CWP mean actually??? (I dont have the book)

2nd:

And after all these years I still dont get it with the attack attitude (arrows) when assigned to a player. You have the option to set 2 directions when you're in attack per player. So for examples when you have set it should go forward -> and back <-, it depends on the situation when ur in attack whether the player goes forward or back????

3rd:

What does that A B C setting actually do for the Defensive Line and the Offside Trap???? In pes 5 you had also Counter Attack but they removed that in 6.

4th:

What is your experience with Man-Marking (normal and aggressive) I never use it actually, but I am curious about people who do use it. Does it really work and do you see difference between the normal style and the aggressive one???

5th:

What do you think, is the best formation for pes 6. Or what do you usually use and which tactics (center play, other sides etc.)? You can post pictures if you would like :)

In pes 5, I've played a 4-4-2 (diamond) and with formation B. In pes6, I use 4-2-1-3 with wide flanks. And formation A (defensive) with Counter attack on and off-side trap. (I'll post some pics of it later on)

1st:
CWP is the sweeper, he will make the covering of your defense. Very usefull for some formations.

2nd:
You are right, it means the attacking attitude of the player and it will depend of the situation of the game. For example, if you set the arrows forward and back, your player will move forward when your team is attacking, but when your team recovers the ball in defense the player will come back to help the counter attack. It doesn't mean he will look lost in the field.

3rd:
It works just like it says in the menu, it means frequency your team will use the offside trap and the position of your defense line.

4th:
That is something very usefull specially when you play against teams with great CFs, like Henry or Adriano. But depends of the formation you use. Better if you set the defense with 3 CBs, put the agressive manmark over both CFs (most teams have 2 CFs) and change the other CB to CWP, so he makes the covering.

5th:
That's very personal, but I always set my formation to 3-5-2, with 2 CMs and 2 WBs. But sometimes we need to be more aggressive so I change to 3-4-3, changing one of my CM to RW or LW.

Cheers...

1st:
CWP is the sweeper, he will make the covering of your defense. Very usefull for some formations.

2nd:
You are right, it means the attacking attitude of the player and it will depend of the situation of the game. For example, if you set the arrows forward and back, your player will move forward when your team is attacking, but when your team recovers the ball in defense the player will come back to help the counter attack. It doesn't mean he will look lost in the field.

3rd:
It works just like it says in the menu, it means frequency your team will use the offside trap and the position of your defense line.

4th:
That is something very usefull specially when you play against teams with great CFs, like Henry or Adriano. But depends of the formation you use. Better if you set the defense with 3 CBs, put the agressive manmark over both CFs (most teams have 2 CFs) and change the other CB to CWP, so he makes the covering.

5th:
That's very personal, but I always set my formation to 3-5-2, with 2 CMs and 2 WBs. But sometimes we need to be more aggressive so I change to 3-4-3, changing one of my CM to RW or LW.

Cheers...

Thanks m8! I am gonna try that CWP thing see if it works for me :)

I have never bothered with the Strategies L2 and x,o etc in-game.

But last night I sat down and had a look. I now have 3 formations, my usual one, an attacking and then a defending one.

Is actually really useful and simple

I have never bothered with the Strategies L2 and x,o etc in-game.

But last night I sat down and had a look. I now have 3 formations, my usual one, an attacking and then a defending one.

Is actually really useful and simple

I have done that since pes3, but I didnt use the man marking and the attack attitude...

Back
Top Bottom