Timneh

International
17 December 2009
Sevilla FC
1)Which one do you use?
2)Is it wired/wireless?
3)What do you like/dislike about it?

Go.

I use a Logitech gamepad for PC from 10 years ago. I like that it's very durable but I dislike that it doesn't support wireless function.

Does it also work wirelessly if you want to?
I have both controlllers,Xbox360 for Windows, wired and wireless. I suggest you to take a wired, eyes closed.

Kudos to logitech, i have one still working from 2006 bought 45€ back then. Although it was beaten roughly during the pes 3-6 era.It suffered tons of brutalities-fatalities, but still working 100%. I have also the most recent F-something wireless. Shame they haven't still come with something modern in the current gen. :(

Last edited:
I have the XB1 Elite controller and using it wired, usually £150+ but I found a deal online a couple of years ago for £60ish because the box was scratched!

One of the rubber grip parts has kind of expanded and come off (known fault), but other than that it's as good as new. Some people report problems with the bumpers (LB/RB) but I've had no issues there (yet, probably cursed that now).

It's a great controller - the weight and feel of it, the quality of the triggers, the customisation options (can change the sticks, d-pad and add extra buttons on the back with the 'paddles')... Unfortunately that means it'll be expensive to replace if/when it does break, I'm not sure I could go back to the standard ones now :DD.

A great companion software for it (and many other controllers) is ReWASD;
https://www.rewasd.com/

Much better software than the official Xbox companion app and well worth buying IMO.

For now i'm using Wired Controller. It is my favorite since i'm too lazy to change or charge battery.

I heard some good reviews about Nintendo Switch Pro Controller especially its built quality & battery life. I might buy it when i had few bucks next month, lol. The only thing i don't like Pro Con is its design, to me it's really ugly compare to DS4 or XB1 Controller.

Wired Xbox one s controller
Dislike:
Notorious grey clip issue
Like: Very comfortable. Buttons, triggers and analog felt a lot smoother/softer compared to xbox 360.
I thought wired xbox360 is perfect until I got used to xbox one s controller. Took me about a month to get fully adjusted to it. I can't go back to xbox 360 controller anymore after getting used to it.

I've been using wired xbox one s controller since Pe2019 demo last year.
Before this, I've been using wired xbox360 controller since Pes15.. Been using keyboard for PES before this.

My first xbox one s controller analog grey clip got broken after 2 months. It bothers me(left stick is not smooth anymore) so I bought another one.
The grey clip on the second controller broke again after a month. I fix it with an epoxy but it still bothers me so I bought an analog replacement online.
I tried to desolder the analog on my first controller but after I replaced it, it doesn't work anymore. Completely my fault, it's hard to desolder it because it's lead free and you need to have the right soldering iron.
I went to a cellphone repairman to replace my analog, but he broke it too. :LMAO:

So I bought a 3rd xbox one s controller
and the first thing is I did was put an epoxy to the notorious grey clip before it broke.:D The controller is still in perfect condition now. I have to mention that before buying my 3rd xbox one controller, I bought a Ds4 but sold if after two weeks. I just can't get used to it.

Last edited:
Had another stint with Dual shock 4:

A couple of months ago, I bought a Ps4 so I have no choice but get use to DS4.
After using it for 2 months I thought I already got fully adjusted to it. Even when I play on PC against a cousin online, I use it.
Not really sure if I'm just convincing myself that I already got fully adjusted to it because I have no choice but to use it.

I sold my ps4 a couple of weeks ago because of pes online issues, and after using xbox one controller on PC for the first time after 2 months, I've realized that I never got fully adjusted to DS4. In just my second match playing xbox one controller again, I got fully readjusted to it. It's super comfortable which I've never felt on a DS4.

Last edited:
Wired Xbox one s controller
Dislike:
Notorious grey clip issue
Like: Very comfortable. Buttons, triggers and analog felt a lot smoother/softer compared to xbox 360.
I thought wired xbox360 is perfect until I got used to xbox one s controller. I can't go back to xbox 360 controller after using it.

I've been using wired xbox one s controller since Pe2019 demo last year.
Before this, I've been using wired xbox360 controller since Pes15.. Been using keyboard for PES before this.

My first xbox one s controller analog grey clip got broken after 2 months. It bothers me(left stick is not smooth anymore) so I bought another one.
The grey clip on the second controller broke again after a month. I fix it with an epoxy but it still bothers me so I bought an analog replacement online.
I tried to desolder the analog on my first controller but after I replaced it, it doesn't work anymore. Completely my fault, it's hard to desolder it because it's lead free and you need to have the right soldering iron.
I went to a cellphone repairman to replace my analog, but he broke it too. :LMAO:

So I bought a 3rd xbox one s controller
and the first thing is I did was put an epoxy to the notorious grey clip before it broke.:D The controller is still in perfect condition now. I have to mention that before buying my 3rd xbox one controller, I bought a Ds4 but sold if after two weeks. I just can't get used to it.
We share very similar background. Used to play on keyboard until pes2013. PES 2015 I started playing with controller, xbox360 for Win, up to 2017. Had more than 2000 hour on 15/16/17. Bought a wireless 360 on the meanwhile, never liked the battery case and their weight, so always favored the wired one.
From pes2017 until today I got a PS4pro and although I tried many Xbox style DSs ,like Onyx Hori and Nacon , I am stuck with DS4 cause none was the same feeling as Xbox360.

It impresses me that your xbox1 broke so many times. Isn’t this supposed to be more expensive than the 360 controller? Or is that the Elite one?

We share very similar background. Used to play on keyboard until pes2013. PES 2015 I started playing with controller, xbox360 for Win, up to 2017. Had more than 2000 hour on 15/16/17. Bought a wireless 360 on the meanwhile, never liked the battery case and their weight, so always favored the wired one.
From pes2017 until today I got a PS4pro and although I tried many Xbox style DSs ,like Onyx Hori and Nacon , I am stuck with DS4 cause none was the same feeling as Xbox360.

It impresses me that your xbox1 broke so many times. Isn’t this supposed to be more expensive than the 360 controller? Or is that the Elite one?
Maybe it's just the way I use the sticks....but reading online, it's really an issue.
Being fuma player, pass and shooting accuracy is very important to me.
I've been reviewing my misses using gamepad viewer on PC and it tells me that I'm really pointing in the wrong direction.
Since knowing that, I always push left stick hard(sometimes too much,especially on long passes:D) to the direction I want when passing and shooting to ensure I'm correctly pointing to the direction I want.

Yes, it's more expensive. In my country, it's double the price of wired xbox360. However, noone is selling orig xbox 360 controller anymore. They sell wireless xbox360 controller, but I'm worried of latency issue. So I have no choice but to buy xbox one s controller.

A few years ago, I also tried xbox one(non S) controller but sold it immediately and went back to xbox360 wired because bumper is not comfortable to push.
Never really had an issue with wired xbox360 controller before(analog modules are very durable) except the wire getting faulty(disconnects while in game). I manage to fix it by putting a stick in the wire near the controller and taping it but it's heavier and looks ugly(because of the stick and tape):D

Last edited:
Does it also work wirelessly if you want to?
I don't think so. Xbox 360 had two different controller models, one wired and one wireless.
It's the One that only has one (forgive me for the pun, not intended).

I'll try soon and let you know though as I have both a wireless one and a wired one.

EDIT: you'd need a special cable for that if you want to play while charging and I don't own that, so I cannot say if it still needs the wireless receiver while charging or if it works through USB with that.

Last edited:
XBox 360 Controller, wired. Works like a charm.
This. ^^^

I also have two Xbox One controllers (not S, both are the first version) and never really got used to those. Still using my 360 one on PC.

Last edited:
For a long time on PC I was using
  1. PS2 - Dual Shock
  2. Wired (using a USB adaptor)
  3. Best triggers and familiar to my historic PES playing on PSX (well ISS, not PES) and PS2. No vibration
But my last PS2 controller wore out a while back and so for other games I've been using Xbox controllers wireless using the USB receiver. But for PES I simply can't not use a PS controller. So for PES it's...
  1. PS3 - Official controller
  2. Wired - (you can go wireless using a Bluetooth receiver, but I've not bothered trying yet as it requires additional work and my cable is pretty long)
  3. Vibration! (although lots with all the collisions this year :D). The L2 R2 triggers are less suitable for PES since you don't need so much analogue freedom, they just feel a little 'off'.

XBOX is easier to use because PS4 sticks are a little too close and tire you out. That said ive played w both and got used to both.

id get xbox one wireless and then use USB cord to play with it and take batteries out. Then if u want to play from the couch use batteries again. Wireless IS A GREAT feature, dont get a wired one, having cords across the room sucks.

also if you have the money, ELITE controllers ,SCUFF, the ones with pedals on the back make a huge difference in FPS, and could probably make a difference in PES as well.

Im currently using a DS4 on PC wired and its been great.

I want to get a USB Bluetooth dongle but i dont know which to get, i also have bluetooth headphones i want to use with it, anyone have any they recommend? I was looking at the Asus one.

Wireless 360 silver SE is what i am using atm, i have an Xbone controller too, i prefer the 360 one though.

I use the Dualshock 1 controller and Dualshock 3 controller and played them wired.
Dualshock 1 is really great. But, the worn-out analog stick still haunts me until now, and playing without it isn't that comfortable.

I use also NACON Asymetric and it is pretty decent as an XBOX ripoff. It works for PS4 & PC. It is the second time i buy a NACON. It is a decent controller, i do not love it as much as i loved my Xbox 360 controller, but it does the job. There is always something about those Nacon controller that make me not fall in love. It feels cheap sometimes, while it is not cheap, neither in price nor in construction. On the contrary it is overpriced.

Speaking about controllers, i have seen on a youtube presentation about SCUF VANTAGE controller, but for some reason it seems it is only available for USA and CANADA. I do not know if any American dude has tried it, but it looks too good from presentation and reviews, at least i get hyped.

Last edited:
1) Xbox 360 Pad
2) Wired
3) Easy to use solution from Microsoft (almost any Windows by default knows this pad)

P.S. Also i have few others pads for pc, but this one is best for me.

And i forgot to mention my hopes that, maybe Logitech will come back in the future, with nextgen designs, cause it seems they have been stuck to their PS2-PS3 models. Even if it was not a 10/10 in ergonomics, it was a 11/10 in durability and solid construction. I have one working since 2005-2006, with more than 1,000 hours of playtime and massive abuse!! And any hardware i have bought from Logitech, worthed its money 100%. Just i hope they will be relative again , to the current era.

P.S.: I will name all gamepads i own, from all platforms (IN RANDOM order), just in case someone needs an extra opinion. I include all those that i think are functional in any platform , console or PC, with workarounds or not. I will not post a N64 gamepad for example. Plus, i include links for third-party pads, but not for official first-party pads, like DS4, xbox360 pads and Nintendo Switch PRo pad.

1) Sony Dualshock 4 (PS4)
2) HORI Onyx Black (PS4, pc???)
3) Nacon Revolution PRO (PS4, PC)
4) Nacon Asymmetric Wireless (PS4, PC)
5) Xbox360 for Windows wired (PC, Xbox360?)
6) Xbox360 for Windows wireless (PC, Xbox360?)
7) Logitech F710 wireless (PC, PS3?)
8) Logitech Precision (PC)
9) Logitech Rumblepad 2 (PC, PS2??, PS3??) (this is my undying one from 2005 or 2006!)
10) Nintendo Switch Pro controller (Nintendo Switch, PS4, XBOXone, PC with workaroud hardware, PC)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom