Best game controller for PC?

And two special entries, not a serious proposal, but just for history records.

1) An unknown AIRFLO gamepad, ripoff of this maybe back from 2006. It is very uncomfortable to play, but at least it makes air!!!!! Although it does not work 100%, the air-fans still blow air!! :P

2) Trust 850F VibraForce Feedback.It is my first ever PC gamepad, back from 2004. It does not have analog sick, it has six buttons instead of four, 2 triggers-shoulder button, instead of 4, the D-pad is not a cross, but a strange big cyrcle, which was marketed as 360 movement input!!!! And in the middle it has a slider that goes left right and removes on centre with a spring, and above it it has a strange wheel button, that i never understood what it is its function.It was advertised back then, that it could be used to tune something in flight and helicopter simulators.
We used it basically back in 2004 for our PES 3 tournaments and Superside Kicks Soccer 3 (MAME) tournaments. Never used again after 2004, but it still works. :) Just posting it cause it still works.

Attachments

• 20200109_081911.jpg
    20200109_081911.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 8
  • 20200109_081858.jpg
    20200109_081858.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 10
  • 20200109_081843.jpg
    20200109_081843.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 10
  • 20200109_081837.jpg
    20200109_081837.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:
To correct myself, my first Logitech from 2005/2006 is not a Rumblepad 2. It is a Logitech Dual Action. The most durable one of my collection. Just opened my old storebox at home and checked its back label.

Using DS4 with DS4Windows, but don't have rumble/vibration in game and touch pad for quick subs or select kicker doesn't work probably because I emulate Xbox controller. And comments, possible to fix these?

Using DS4 with DS4Windows, but don't have rumble/vibration in game and touch pad for quick subs or select kicker doesn't work probably because I emulate Xbox controller. And comments, possible to fix these?
How do you make quick-subs with an -box controller?? If it is the "SELECT" button, what does the respective button on DS4 do? (i mean the "SHARE" button)

Furthermore using this app can you change from Dinput to Xinput in settings and assign the button as you like?

How do you make quick-subs with an -box controller?? If it is the "SELECT" button, what does the respective button on DS4 do? (i mean the "SHARE" button)

Furthermore using this app can you change from Dinput to Xinput in settings and assign the button as you like?

Hey there, thanks for your reply. Tried the "Share" button and it doesn't work and I don't have an option to map that button for subs. I guess the problem might be that Xbox controller doesn't have the touchpad. Gonna try to test Dinput and Xinput options too to see if this can be avoided somehow.

I use Xbox One Controllers with wireless dongle.
Some very select games I use Steam Controller (mainly Arma2/3 & Dayz)
I also have Xbox one Elite v1 controller and Xbox one Elite controller V2.

I would have to say in my experience, DO NOT buy Xbox Elite v1 controller. The LB & RB bumpers are terrible.

The rest of the the controller is amazing, but the left bumper on mine has sort of snapped with very moderate use and is unfixable. Genuinely terrible design.

The V2 seems to have remedied this design flaw thankfully.

I use controllers practically exlusively for all my PC gaming needs. I work with computers all day long, and the last thing I want to do when I get home and chill out is sit at a desk to play games.

My gaming pc's have been hooked up to HDTV's for the last 10 years at least.

If a game doesn't natively support controller use, I have bought and tried the following remapping software with varying results, so I will post here my experience with them.

Xpadder: I think it used to be free but now it's been paid for for a long time.

It works well enough, no too many bad things to say about it. No frills, but OK.

Pinnacle Game Profiler/Padstarr: Both made by the same developer. It was genuinely good and I preferred it over Xpadder for various reasons, but be warned, It seems to have a lot of issues with Windows 10 in general, and sadly the developer who created these has passed away, so in regards to this, I can't see it ever being updated. Getting a key seems to be an issue too (You will get one, but it may take a few days now I think).

ReWASD: I paid £15 for it for all the components when it was on sale. It's the best remapping software I have used by a country mile. A LOT of functionality and it natively supports Xbox Elite v1/v2 paddles out of the box and is still being supported and in development.

As I write this, I have just purchased an 8bitDo bluetooth adapter as they were on sale on Amazon yesterday for£12.99 Apparently it supports Xbox One/DS4/Wii/WiiU controllers and works on PC/Mac and Switch. These are meant to be good as they do things like natively support DS4 touchpad, rumble etc. I have purchased one to hook up to my Nvidia Shiled Pro TV to mess around with emulators.

I just want to state that I actually have no problem playing with a keyboard & mouse. A LONG time ago (15-20 years ago?!?!?), I was ranked on ClanBase as one of the top 10 best players in the world at MoHAA using KB&M, I just much prefer playing with a controller these days.

In fact one of my biggest pet peeves in the entire universe is the following:

I Search "Does Game 'X' have controller support" - Steam General discussion for said game, usually first reply:

"Looool! N00b get gud, You will be destroyed playing Game 'X' with a controller, Keyboard & mouse are vastly superior, If you can't use KB&M you shouldn't be playing PC, go back to consoles! we don't want scrubs like you in our gam3!"

PLEASE DON'T BE THAT GUY! ! ! ! !

Are you at a disadvantage playing competitive multiplayer with a controller on pc, very slightly perhaps, but nowhere near as some people would make out in my experience. Not enough that I can't give as good as I get in 99% of games using a controller.

I've been using the PS4 controller (the second version I think) for two years wireless with the DS4 tool, and it works fantastically for me, really recommended.

it depends which games you will play.for an example retro soccer games dont need to good analog stick so go cheap controller with d pad .

Back
Top Bottom