Best HD LCD TV for Pro Evo - i need help please!!

gurjisfit

League 2
11 November 2003
I've just bought a samsung 26" HD LCD - the one they're using to demo PES 6 everywhere on 360. But on my TV, when playing any sports games on PS2 (PES5) or 360 (NBA2K6) there's quite a bit of blurring whenever there's horizontal movement i.e. pass from left to right. (When watching football on tv, the blurring is ridiculous!)

Thinking of taking it back - apparently Microsoft only use this TV as it's cheap and blurring is common.

So, firstly, that's a warning for others. But can any1 help with which TV minimises this blurring/ghosting - i'm looking at the Sony Bravia and Panasonic Viera's now - thanks all for your help and apologies for long post!!

raul_ole said:
one of the best tvs is SONY BRAVIA V2000

Thanks for the reply mate - does that still bring blurring on evo or is there none at all? on my samsung it was so bad i had to stop playing after a few minutes.

I just bought the panasonic 26" and thats a slight blur on it, i think i read somewhere that all HD tv's have slight blurs on individual games.

Mate, I have a samsung and think it's perfect. How do you connect your console ? YUV or scart ? that goes for the ps2 aswell.
Scart is just crap on this sort of tvs.

what do you mean by YUV... my ps2 is connected by scart and it's pretty well (for a lcd tv) but could be better - so if you have any idea?

my xbox360 shows awesome graphics on this tv without any blurr or stutter at all - so bring on PES6
(I have a samsung 32" lcdtv - I think the 32LR series they're called)

Gotrunk25 said:
SOrry, but terms differ in different languages :) by YUV I meant component.See here :
http://pileps.free.fr/Alpha/games/compo.jpg
That's the best way to connect your console to a LCD screen, apart from HDMI of course, which ps2 doesn't have, and not yet for the 360.

By HD Component. The game i tried on 360 was NBA 2K6 - any quick pass from back to front of attach made evrything on screen blur - may not wait to try PES6 on it cos PES5 on ps2 was so bad.

Local retailers have been warning people of these TV's as they are so bad at coping with fast moving graphics - i'm not a nit-picker at all - the blur makes you dizzy!!!

Thanks for advice.

Maybe this is a stupid question, but have you switched to HDTV mode on the HD cable? And have you changed the HD settings in the console settings?

Well I have a Samsung HDTV 26"

I connect my Xbox360 with component running at 1080i, the games look fantastic.

I connect my PS2 with RGB SCART the games look, like PS1 games, & that both with/without gamemode on.

Aparently if you want to get the best picture out of your PS2 you need to use component cable.

Although I have both WE10 & PES 4/5, I found out that WE10 runs fast with/without game mode switch on because the game is running at 60HZ

However if your playing PES4/5, make sure you select 50Z with gamemode on as it seems to reduce the speed of the game.

Andreas said:
Maybe this is a stupid question, but have you switched to HDTV mode on the HD cable? And have you changed the HD settings in the console settings?

Have done - no picture if don't! The quality of th epicture is fine - it's just stupidly blurred when picture has to move horizontally!!

gurjisfit said:
I've just bought a samsung 26" HD LCD - the one they're using to demo PES 6 everywhere on 360. But on my TV, when playing any sports games on PS2 (PES5) or 360 (NBA2K6) there's quite a bit of blurring whenever there's horizontal movement i.e. pass from left to right. (When watching football on tv, the blurring is ridiculous!)

Thinking of taking it back - apparently Microsoft only use this TV as it's cheap and blurring is common.

So, firstly, that's a warning for others. But can any1 help with which TV minimises this blurring/ghosting - i'm looking at the Sony Bravia and Panasonic Viera's now - thanks all for your help and apologies for long post!!

26" is too small for me, i got philips 37", looking fine both for gaming and regular tv, it's awesome watch football in HD on sunday. and all the shows like csi, lost, small ville etc, they're all on HD, and i aint got no cable or dish network, just regular antena. the 42" dlp from samsung looks fine playing game too( got that for my living room, the 37" philips is for my bedroom).

gurjisfit said:
By HD Component. The game i tried on 360 was NBA 2K6 - any quick pass from back to front of attach made evrything on screen blur - may not wait to try PES6 on it cos PES5 on ps2 was so bad.

Local retailers have been warning people of these TV's as they are so bad at coping with fast moving graphics - i'm not a nit-picker at all - the blur makes you dizzy!!!

Thanks for advice.

looks to me you've got a bad set, talk to your retailer to replace it. I have the nba2k6 as well, one of the best looking games on the box mate - no screen blur whatsoever

as far as I know all samsungs work extremely well with the 360... (and even MS isn't so stupid to pick a set with high latency to make all their promo)

gurjisfit said:

Thanks for advice.

PES5 on PS2 and basically any ps2 game will look dirt on an lcd tv or plasma for that matter. The PS2 does its games at such low resolutions that when it is stretched out and with the colour depth and screen fidelity it shows up every negative about the PS2 gfx capabilities. Try MGS3 that looks like mud has been thrown at your screen, basically the TV is far too good to display anything as cheap (not a dig btw) as the ps2, its like playing VHS on plasma you can't expect DVD or even HDDVD like results.

Your picture is only ever as good as the signal your putting into it, I got the same Samsung tele when it came out, I use it as a PC monitor and and also as a my gaming and movie watching rig. It has no problems with screen blur when anything is played via component or VGA, it does when RGB or AV Scart is used though; these are cheaper out of date (increasingly) signal carriers. HDMI is going to become more widely available soon, you will see an improved quality there.

But if you can afford the Bravia V2000 I would have got that one straight away as the Samsung tele is now almost a year old, which is an age in tech terms nowadays.

ibu2003 said:
PES5 on PS2 and basically any ps2 game will look dirt on an lcd tv or plasma for that matter. The PS2 does its games at such low resolutions that when it is stretched out and with the colour depth and screen fidelity it shows up every negative about the PS2 gfx capabilities. Try MGS3 that looks like mud has been thrown at your screen, basically the TV is far too good to display anything as cheap (not a dig btw) as the ps2, its like playing VHS on plasma you can't expect DVD or even HDDVD like results.

Your picture is only ever as good as the signal your putting into it, I got the same Samsung tele when it came out, I use it as a PC monitor and and also as a my gaming and movie watching rig. It has no problems with screen blur when anything is played via component or VGA, it does when RGB or AV Scart is used though; these are cheaper out of date (increasingly) signal carriers. HDMI is going to become more widely available soon, you will see an improved quality there.

But if you can afford the Bravia V2000 I would have got that one straight away as the Samsung tele is now almost a year old, which is an age in tech terms nowadays.

I'm using a HD component with the 360 - everytime i play a sideways pass, the screen blurs, then refocuses once the receiver gets it. I've got the newer samsung model but i've heard it's basically the same as the earlier model.

I'm going to send it back - i'm looking at the 26" JVC DX7BJ which has a response rate of 7m/s which will hopefully sort out screen blur - T.V's in bedroom so 32"bravia V2000 may be too big!

Appreciate advice - thanks.

Tough one there. I would try to get the Sony 26S2010/26S2020/26S2030 i.e. 10/20/30 are just different colours or the Toshiba 26WLT66. They are top of the range for 26" size :)

ashmufc said:
Tough one there. I would try to get the Sony 26S2010/26S2020/26S2030 i.e. 10/20/30 are just different colours or the Toshiba 26WLT66. They are top of the range for 26" size :)

Thats's what i'm thinking - Cheers!

THIS IS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR TV,ITS TO DO WITH VSYNCH ON THE GAMES ,SOME HAVE IT ON OBLIVION,PGR3 COD2,HITMAN,FIGHT NIGHT3. ECT ECT ,BUT SOME HAVE IT OFF!PDZ,GRAW.MOTO GP 3,THE GAMES YOU DESCRIBED AND A FEW OTHERS

LOOK AT DEAD RISING ,HAS IT ON AND THE GUYS WITH REGULAR TELLYS CANT READ THE TEXT!BUT IF THIS HAD IT OF IT WOULD BE A VERY CRAP LOOKING RIP FEST

ITS JUST LAZY DEVOLPERS CUTTING A FEW WEEKS OF THE DEVOLPMENT TIME OFF A GAME

IT DONT MATTER IF ITS A SONY,SAMSUNG,PANASONIC,OR £7000 POINEER IT STILL WILL DO IT!

heartless said:
THIS IS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR TV,ITS TO DO WITH VSYNCH ON THE GAMES ,SOME HAVE IT ON OBLIVION,PGR3 COD2,HITMAN,FIGHT NIGHT3. ECT ECT ,BUT SOME HAVE IT OFF!PDZ,GRAW.MOTO GP 3,THE GAMES YOU DESCRIBED AND A FEW OTHERS

LOOK AT DEAD RISING ,HAS IT ON AND THE GUYS WITH REGULAR TELLYS CANT READ THE TEXT!BUT IF THIS HAD IT OF IT WOULD BE A VERY CRAP LOOKING RIP FEST

IT DONT MATTER IF ITS A SONY,SAMSUNG,PANASONIC,OR £7000 POINEER IT STILL WILL DO IT!

Thanks for that! Do reckon we'll get this with PES6 on 360? Doesn't seem to be any blur on the internet videos we've all seen - espacially on the XBOXYDE ones that are the clearest...........

heartless said:

:roll:
The problem with Dead Rising is those with SDTV, he has a 26" HDTV. And I have played a lot of those games on my plasma and LCD with no problems. It is the LCD, poor responsee rates, and it is commonoly known that LCD has smearing problems.

And whats with the caps lock?

ibu2003 said:

bullshit, you need a component cable son...WE10 looks perfect on my Sharp 37 inch LCD HD.... so do all of my other games.... it all depends on your tv... your generalizing way too much.....

I'm stuck on my 15" regular tv atm, i want HD! but all these reviews of it being blury sound back lol. and at the price aswell :S

csaunders said:
bullshit, you need a component cable son...WE10 looks perfect on my Sharp 37 inch LCD HD.... so do all of my other games.... it all depends on your tv... your generalizing way too much.....
I said when playing via component there is no problem (or less of when using a ps2 for example) than when using RGB.

RGB is an old tech for the older CRT screens not very much use on tvs that would be better with VGA, Component or HDMI which is the standards for :CD or Plasma screens now.

Before you send your TV back and buy another one:

All LCD TV's have motion blur. No matter what people tell you.

Motion blur is not related to latenancy or anything other spec. It's a technological deficiency that has been resolved only in the labs so far. We got to wait for the next-generation of LCD's for that. Probably the next-gen LED LCD or LCOS TV's.

By the way, I have the same TV.

Last edited:
Interesting thread, as I was looking for the exact same one...

Just bought a 42" Plasma, HD ready T.V. especially for WE10/Pro Evo, but I'm devastated about the quality, the games are all blurry and its as if the TV cant handle the framerate, and its for worse than my 32'' LCD.

Please dont tell me I've wasted a grand on nothing ?

The Xbox 360 games are awesome, but the PS2 WE10 is dreadful, and no matter what I do, whichever pciture setting I choose its always the same.

The cut screens look wicked, but the gameplay sucks ?

Any ideas as it has very good pixel quality ?

Want to hang myself. :0(

Can I use a component to connect my PS2 to my TV instead of scart ? If so whats a component and where do I get it please ? never heard of it, pardon my ignorance.

I do appreciate you lose picture quality on a bigger screen, but after 1st playing the latest Fight Night on the 360 and being blown away by my new T.V., I'm left devastated by my only real reason to go for this T.V, We10/Pe5 looking so, so bad.

What should I do ? take it back ? Or will PES6 on the 360 not have this problem ? I know the ball looked blurred on Topspin 2, I really hope PE^ on the 360 isnt like this, I dont even really want to move from my PS2 for my football fun anyway.

I was really hoping WE10 was going to be sensational on this TV, I couldnbt be more wrong or more gutted.

Jimmy .....

Back
Top Bottom