Best HD lead for Xbox360

If/When I go out and get me one of these magical cables will I need a cable for sound as well or will it just be a case of plugging it all in and everything is sorted?

Yes, they come with sound cables attached. What Coopz was talking about is if you buy from a shop, you get an adapter with it to knock the two audio cables into one 3.5mm headphone jack that you can plug into a different source - but you do get sound cables with it no matter what, as long as you get the official one (which, in my experience, is the only one that is any good).

I shall go see if I can find one tomorrow, ta

£40 for a lead, what the fuck? And besides, they're not forcing you. If this thread hadn't started you'd be none the wiser, you can't say that they're pushing you to buy it. :roll:

eh?

i didnt say they was forcing me i just said they had made another £40

20 + 20 = 40

Well I managed to pick up the cable this afternoon from HMV and I am surprised at what a difference it makes!

I can now put the HD cable I was using on eBay :)

i will definately be getting the vga cable without doubt

also does anyone know what is the best cable to run from your sky box to your tv, best quality is what i want, as close to hdmi as you can get please

any opinions?

eh?

i didnt say they was forcing me i just said they had made another £40

20 + 20 = 40

It doesn't cost £40 for the VGA Cable though? :shock:
Or what are you talking about?

also does anyone know what is the best cable to run from your sky box to your tv, best quality is what i want, as close to hdmi as you can get please
Well normal sky boxes can only output analog signals. So you want a really good RGB Scart lead, there are soo many differnt price ranges that is the problem.

I would reccomend getting a QED or IXOS £15-£25 Scart lead. Google it, you will find some :8):

It doesn't cost £40 for the VGA Cable though? :shock:
Or what are you talking about?

I have bought one and Tim has bought one, 2 lots of 20 quid is 40. At least thats what I think he is getting at

Thanks for clearing that up CW :)

im gonna get me a VGA cable tomorrow and if i dont see the difference i will take it back and get a refund ;)

Seriously, if there's ever an Evo-Web meet up, don't invite me because I will bring a fucking gun.

After I'd tied all you bastards down with your fucking HD leads there wouldn't be much chance of that.

I had a very similar looking one. The quality was shite. I would never buy a third-party video cable again.

My friend has the Samsung HD 23" T.V.

He is using the componant (spelling?) cables that you get when you buy the Premimum XBox 360. At 1080i the games look AMAZING! We tried using the Offical Microsoft VGA cable but even on the highest resolution it look grainy in comparison.

Any reason it didn't look as good?

My friend has the Samsung HD 23" T.V.

He is using the componant (spelling?) cables that you get when you buy the Premimum XBox 360. At 1080i the games look AMAZING! We tried using the Offical Microsoft VGA cable but even on the highest resolution it look grainy in comparison.

Any reason it didn't look as good?

If it was before the Spring Dashboard update that would explain the poor picture quality as they sorted some things out with relation to that with the update

It also depends on the TV, I think. 90% of HDTV owners I've known buy the VGA cable have seen a massive improvement, 10% have seen the "grainy" effect. As CW said though, the Spring update is a massive update and has sorted a lot of things.

My few cents on this. Ive used both the HD Component leads (the one you get with the premium pack as standard) and also a VGA Cable on my 50" LG High Def Plasma and I think VGA's picture quality is better significantly than the Component lead. Its less blurred with more detail and is easier on the eyes. Also the Plasma seems to handle fast movement a lot better with this cable than the component lead.

I need help

i have just plugged in this VGA cable and it looks shit

what settings do you lot have it on?

i just have resolutions to select from here not 720i or 1080i at all

Pick the resolution that matches your screen's native resolution. 1366 x 768 or similar for most HD ready TVs and 1920x1080 for full HD.

You might also need to set the reference levels to expanded to sort the colours out.

Back
Top Bottom