Best HD lead for Xbox360

Check GAME for their version of each cable. I got a HDM I cable for the PS3 for a tenner, and it's fantastic. 26" Samsung HD aswell.

EDIT = one strange thing though, we have a 43" Pioneer plasma in the front room, 720p, yet I cannot run a games console on anything other than 480p. It has HDMI inputs, and I have the cable, and I've tried my mates Component to see if that works, and it doesn't. We just get the black screen. Any ideas?

Last edited:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...t_details/026-6219433-7034853?ie=UTF8&seller=

I think it's this one, I'll check tomorrow.

The thing is, its definately HD ready 720p, yet in the manual it says under games consoles that you can play 480p, which seems utterly stupid to me. It's a year old (bought just before WC06) so maybe HDMI and all that is an earlier version and it won't support HD gaming. Never tried my 360 on there with component when I had it, so I can't tell if its the PS3 or not either.

Another thing to add to the confusion, SkyHD runs off the HDMI input as well, and that works perfectly.

have you got the switch on the cable (yes the cable) set to hdtv?

edit - oh is this on the ps3? dunno then :(

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...t_details/026-6219433-7034853?ie=UTF8&seller=

I think it's this one, I'll check tomorrow.

The thing is, its definately HD ready 720p, yet in the manual it says under games consoles that you can play 480p, which seems utterly stupid to me. It's a year old (bought just before WC06) so maybe HDMI and all that is an earlier version and it won't support HD gaming. Never tried my 360 on there with component when I had it, so I can't tell if its the PS3 or not either.

Another thing to add to the confusion, SkyHD runs off the HDMI input as well, and that works perfectly.

Yeah something is wrong then. It must be the way the PS3 is outputting it, I know others using that TV and PS3 combo fine.
HD gaming and HD video is the same... try it on the SkyHD HDMI jack and see if it works.

In fact here we are, a thread for cable discussion! Can this be sticked please? :)

Answer, No, we already have 6 stickies in the Other Games area, that's plenty to be going on with.

This is for X360 cables only so sticking this wouldnt be a good idea IMO.
I guess someone could make a general hardware thread for games here where people can discuss what cables, TVs and sound systems are best of each console. I hope someone beats me to it cuz I cant be bothered. :LOL:

EDIT
Maybe we could merge the other stickied threads into the three main developers (Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft) to stop it becoming messy at the top. This place could do with some cleaning. ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom