Black Myth: Wukong

ixEo_tSuG4QobWMBgZ-1OmvX0muDnn3yWB4MIlB4Glynf1xBxqYJjlJmeTR9AjsKf-fvvudy

Last couple of minutes of this are proper mental! Almost think they should have held some of it back, but they probably have even crazier shit they are not showing. Looks really good, although a bit relentless, like it's fight after fight after fight with no breathing room in between.

Last couple of minutes of this are proper mental! Almost think they should have held some of it back, but they probably have even crazier shit they are not showing. Looks really good, although a bit relentless, like it's fight after fight after fight with no breathing room in between.

Its possibly a techdemo with highlights. Cant imagine the game could go on for 20+ hours with unique enemies all the time.

I wish tho. Plus some exploration.

Its possibly a techdemo with highlights. Cant imagine the game could go on for 20+ hours with unique enemies all the time.

I wish tho. Plus some exploration.

You played any souls like games? Speaking of Demon Souls, Dark Souls Trilogy, Bloodborne, Sekiro Shadows die Twice... Those have hundreds of hours of content and lots of bosses...

And about Black Myth Wukong... I've never saw a videogame in my life with that deep realistic graphics, it feels like they were taking photorealistic captures. It's not a tech demo because are more of them, and each shows branched different places (too much content like in Elder Ring trailer but with more deep dive gameplay) experiencing different situations... this is from somebody showing gameplay and it doesn't feel like a marketing add at all... look at this:

Last edited:
As a Souls-borne fan, that's probably my biggest await since a long time.

Well, about Souls-like, many tried with no success but some games such as Nioh where excellent, except some flaws like the lack of monsters/ennemies styles and variety > did not played the 2 (seems they rectified it from review) but even if the system Die and Retry + rolls and blocks are there, Nioh have some big gameplays difference such as the 3 differents guards. The boss were even harder to me than in any Souls or Bloodborne lol.

Bloodborne in terms of ambiance and difficulty, also fun, it was magnificent is to me their best game released, overally, except the lock to 30fps and PS exclusive. It's THE game that reniewed me with classic gaming, not football. Then i've made the Souls Trilogy and Nioh.

And Wukong (Son Goku translated in chinse > Sun Wukong) as Toriyama Dragon Ball is a copy/paste from "Monkey Goes West" (there's a lot of different names in english : only one in french so i'm confused to translate it if i'm right) the probably most known novel taking all the chinese mythologies. I don't remember if there's sequel or volumes with different names exactly but it's a big big thing we got there.

So it's a mix of GOW mythology > but chinese in terms of story as Son Wukong confront gods, and a Bloodborne-like in terms of gameplay (avoid / rolls / attack, and very nervous and versatile... Even more as it's a Monkey which is goo)

Also looks like if NASA/Musk have collaborated for graphisms and details, yes, the best i never saw in all areas (just the snow walk, traces of steps, and rolls, it's just magnificent, like the Thunder Dragon)
I'm curious if we will got the same on PS5. That 13 minutes trailer seems to run on a super computer no ones own already lol.

Well talking about me with Souls-like games more in depth, i buyed Demon's Souls. Graphically outsanding, but as i've made the whole Souls/Borne version. But you can see the foundation and errors (like for example, boss with no two sequences : same attack the whole fight)
Dark Souls 2 without Miyazaki behind artistical direction and level design, was a very good game : his team is competent, but he's the boss to build a story and make everything darker, also the mecanism > there's some boss in Souls2 that acts a bit randomly, it's not the case with Miyazaki as he's very strict on patterns and way to fight a boss and win, he don't want any feeling of randomness in their attacks to make it more difficult.

Nioh is special, you got a "Ninja Gaiden" feeling. Buyed Nioh 2, but didn't finished the first (not so much time when i buyed it) and i got one other big game i NEED to launch, is GOW PS4. I saw difference between PS4 pro and PS5 : there were so much fluidity, graphical adds, different lighting that i've waited patiently to get a PS5 to play it.
As technically, it's like a first generation of next-gen games, you know when the transition is like a "between" PS4 and PS5 on many aspect. So...

Last edited:
As a Souls-borne fan, that's probably my biggest await since a long time.

Well, about Souls-like, many tried with no success but some games such as Nioh where excellent, except some flaws like the lack of monsters/ennemies styles and variety > did not played the 2 (seems they rectified it from review) but even if the system Die and Retry + rolls and blocks are there, Nioh have some big gameplays difference such as the 3 differents guards. The boss were even harder to me than in any Souls or Bloodborne lol.

Bloodborne in terms of ambiance and difficulty, also fun, it was magnificent is to me their best game released, overally, except the lock to 30fps and PS exclusive. It's THE game that reniewed me with classic gaming, not football. Then i've made the Souls Trilogy and Nioh.

And Wukong (Son Goku translated in chinse > Sun Wukong) as Toriyama Dragon Ball is a copy/paste from "Monkey Goes West" (there's a lot of different names in english : only one in french so i'm confused to translate it if i'm right) the probably most known novel taking all the chinese mythologies. I don't remember if there's sequel or volumes with different names exactly but it's a big big thing we got there.

So it's a mix of GOW mythology > but chinese in terms of story as Son Wukong confront gods, and a Bloodborne-like in terms of gameplay (avoid / rolls / attack, and very nervous and versatile... Even more as it's a Monkey which is goo)

Also looks like if NASA/Musk have collaborated for graphisms and details, yes, the best i never saw in all areas (just the snow walk, traces of steps, and rolls, it's just magnificent, like the Thunder Dragon)
I'm curious if we will got the same on PS5. That 13 minutes trailer seems to run on a super computer no ones own already lol.

Well talking about me with Souls-like games more in depth, i buyed Demon's Souls. Graphically outsanding, but as i've made the whole Souls/Borne version. But you can see the foundation and errors (like for example, boss with no two sequences : same attack the whole fight)
Dark Souls 2 without Miyazaki behind artistical direction and level design, was a very good game : his team is competent, but he's the boss to build a story and make everything darker, also the mecanism > there's some boss in Souls2 that acts a bit randomly, it's not the case with Miyazaki as he's very strict on patterns and way to fight a boss and win, he don't want any feeling of randomness in their attacks to make it more difficult.

Nioh is special, you got a "Ninja Gaiden" feeling. Buyed Nioh 2, but didn't finished the first (not so much time when i buyed it) and i got one other big game i NEED to launch, is GOW PS4. I saw difference between PS4 pro and PS5 : there were so much fluidity, graphical adds, different lighting that i've waited patiently to get a PS5 to play it.
As technically, it's like a first generation of next-gen games, you know when the transition is like a "between" PS4 and PS5 on many aspect. So...
I think the best on the market atm are the games of From Software. If you enjoy a lot those games, and if you are hyped for Black Myth: Wukong, you should try Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, that's something identical to Wukong but instead of chineese it's in a Japaneese setting, got lots of GOTY nominees in 2019.

At the same time Nioh it's a discounted version of souls games that doesn't go to that level, and there is also Mortal Shell or Lords Of The Fallen, but those also have lots of flaws and are not as good. But as good alternatives that are feeling similar in some ways from other developers I can recommend Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen, or Remnant From The Ashes and The Surge 1 & 2... those are like Dark Souls but with guns...

In the end I'm preety hyped and waiting anxious for ELDEN RING to be released and of course BLACK MYTH: WUKONG

(One thing I want to add... I've posted something in the PES 2021 Season Update thread, and knowing from other threads that you liked a lot PES 2021, watch my post if you could help me in that regard... I don't want to go off topic here...)

I got Sekiro lol, forgot to mention it : but i didn't started it yet, let's say the real quest. I know it's more story based than SoulsBorne. Yes, i really like that Shinobi inspiration, totally different than a Nioh approach (there's a tiny tiny bit of MGS on it, as a spy/pro assassin)
Yes i've made the first level, then gotted to stop due to some issues regarding my free time. I will probably do it a bit later, and on PS5 it should looks pretty good / with no slowdown neither.

One thing about Nioh : it's just different. If you played Ninja Gaiden, you will see some inspiration and lots of references on it. Like a very small thing, the number showing how much your attack have removed energy by small pop-ups.
It's not totally a Souls, and they wanted to mix a bit, making their whole stuff. It's still a bit dark but less artistical focused more "casual game" such as Onimusha/Ninja Gaiden, and all PS2-3 style if you know what i mean. but it's more "gameplay" above all. Some boss fight choregraphy were outstanding. I just can't compare the two type in fact, but it's the best "lookalike" i played by far... By being very different even if it's a B-T-A too.

You know, every FROM games out, i'll buy them, i'll also wait Elden Ring even if it looks a bit too much like a Souls... Wanted a change to be honest like Bloodborne or Sekiro, but whatever : the "universe" looks pretty great with much more variety than a Dark Souls (which is very Medieval-fantastic especially the first, but the 3 the Artistical Direction (we said D.A. in french, don't know in English) was more inspired.

Off Thread @etb10dmk link me to your post as there's a tons of it mate, i don't know what i can answer as overally i really like PES 2021, on PS4 especially for the challenge (even fighting against script i don't bother : i always found a way, harsh sliding tackles or faults) and don't even want a PC mod on it.
Also : they very latest patch of PES 2020 makes the game very weird : ball physics were changed and players behaviour were like "what should i got to do?" it was corrected on the next version.

Just edit your post or whatever. Will answer later if it's too complicated to answer lol

Last edited:
I got Sekiro lol, forgot to mention it : but i didn't started it yet, let's say the real quest. I know it's more story based than SoulsBorne. Yes, i really like that Shinobi inspiration, totally different than a Nioh approach (there's a tiny tiny bit of MGS on it, as a spy/pro assassin)
Yes i've made the first level, then gotted to stop due to some issues regarding my free time. I will probably do it a bit later, and on PS5 it should looks pretty good / with no slowdown neither.

One thing about Nioh : it's just different. If you played Ninja Gaiden, you will see some inspiration and lots of references on it. Like a very small thing, the number showing how much your attack have removed energy by small pop-ups.
It's not totally a Souls, and they wanted to mix a bit, making their whole stuff. It's still a bit dark but less artistical focused more "casual game" such as Onimusha/Ninja Gaiden, and all PS2-3 style if you know what i mean. but it's more "gameplay" above all. Some boss fight choregraphy were outstanding. I just can't compare the two type in fact, but it's the best "lookalike" i played by far... By being very different even if it's a B-T-A too.

You know, every FROM games out, i'll buy them, i'll also wait Elden Ring even if it looks a bit too much like a Souls... Wanted a change to be honest like Bloodborne or Sekiro, but whatever : the "universe" looks pretty great with much more variety than a Dark Souls (which is very Medieval-fantastic especially the first, but the 3 the Artistical Direction (we said D.A. in french, don't know in English) was more inspired.

Off Thread @etb10dmk link me to your post as there's a tons of it mate, i don't know what i can answer as overally i really like PES 2021, on PS4 especially for the challenge (even fighting against script i don't bother : i always found a way, harsh sliding tackles or faults) and don't even want a PC mod on it.
Also : they very latest patch of PES 2020 makes the game very weird : ball physics were changed and players behaviour were like "what should i got to do?" it was corrected on the next version.

Just edit your post or whatever. Will answer later if it's too complicated to answer lol
Yes Sekiro has a different setting than how Dark Souls is, and also has some different mechanics that will encourage you to be aggressive to destroy postures than wait for blow / then act. What I liked more in Sekiro is how fast you can go from point A to point B even without using the teleporting system. It's very quick and responsive...
In other hand, yes Nioh it's a different cup of tea incorporating elements from different games and I enjoy the setting. I also actually can't include it to be as a Souls category but instead having "souls like" elements into it...

Overall, what I saw yesterday in the the trailer of the Black Myth: Wukong in UE5, just blew my mind, especially in terms of graphics...

I didn't pushed play than i already got a boner.
The game i'm waiting more for since Bloodborne.
More than Elden Ring > i will take it too later, but too much of Medieval fantastic as i still got Demon's Souls to finish; I got enough of it whatever if the game is superb; but 5 games a row with an armor, castle and all those stuffs...

Well demon's souls is a bit more "inferno" as a theme, more fantastic, less realistic. But still.

I didn't pushed play than i already got a boner.
The game i'm waiting more for since Bloodborne.
More than Elden Ring > i will take it too later, but too much of Medieval fantastic as i still got Demon's Souls to finish; I got enough of it whatever if the game is superb; but 5 games a row with an armor, castle and all those stuffs...

Well demon's souls is a bit more "inferno" as a theme, more fantastic, less realistic. But still.

Mate, if you're enjoying a lot Bloodborne I have good news, there is another souls game in the development that's not released yet, will be shown tomorrow at Gamescom 2022 (more gameplay & release date I guess). I opened a thread here some time ago about it, looks sick & hope will be good as FromSoft games...

https://evoweb.uk/threads/lies-of-p-a-souls-borne-dark-novel-fantasy.89191/

Back
Top Bottom