BLACK ps2

if anyone has a HDTV or a tv that supports Progressive Scan via component input, hold down triange and x when starting up and it works in progressive scan, it holds up well against perfect dark on xbox 360 IMHO, quality game

920901_20060114_screen005.jpg

This is a PS2 game?!?!? You gotta be kiddin' me.

No kidding its a really nice game. I would'nt say the graphics are that good, but like someone said before its more enjoyable than PDZ.

You got to remember this game has come from the creators of Renderware, if anyone was going to squeeze the very last bit of juice out of the PS2 or XB it'd be these boys. I assume both versions are pretty much identical. Still gutted it's only a SP player game though.

i got it sunday , a real killer game :). i have been waiting since i saw footage at E3 of last year.I dunno who said here gfx are not so good,but trust me its good for ps2,like Holio alsow said these creators of the game give the max of ps2.

I alsow got Fifa street 2 ,not a fan of fifa, but gonna check it out :)

I havent played any non-war FPSers apart from Star Wars Battlefront, hope this is good. Anyway, has it progressive scan?

ashmufc said:
I havent played any non-war FPSers apart from Star Wars Battlefront, hope this is good. Anyway, has it progressive scan?
mikemcenroe said:
if anyone has a HDTV or a tv that supports Progressive Scan via component input, hold down triange and x when starting up and it works in progressive scan, it holds up well against perfect dark on xbox 360 IMHO, quality game
And the award for not reading threads properly goes to... ashmufc!

dumbbush.jpg

Never really been into FPS's really, but this game is quality. The graphics are some of the best I've seen on ps2, the explosions look amazing...basically, graphically it's immense. Shame it's not gonna have online play, but thats the only negative I've found so far.

Is anyone else really not impressed by this game?

Only 8 levels, no online play, not multiplayer or co-op play, infact the only unlockable is higher difficulty. It's pretty in places, but a bit bland in others, most notably the textures which are muddy and give the game a very brown/greyish look.

The enemies are all the same as well, generic eastern european military men, who have stupid, exaggerated, arnie-movie death animations.

The story is tacked on with AWFUL grainy FMV sequences, which are unskippable and look like they're lifed from a 1997 PS1 game.

Worst of all for me is the gameplay, which is just standard gun-and-run action. Secondary objectives? Destroy the plans, find the documents/data-disk... zzzzzzzz... Am I playing Golden Eye on the N64?

The best bits are the explosions, which are plentiful, and the gun models which look sweet. The rest of it is just such a standard affair. For 40 odd quid I think its fair to expect a bit more than 8 levels cobbled together with no story and no real innovations to the FPS format. Half Life 2 it ain't. Disappionted :(

Tim7 said:
Quality game :applause:

Agreed. It looks to push the PS2 to its limits in terms of graphics. Everything about it just seems right

IMO it shits all over PD0 in single player and thats good enough for me

BOBcoureur said:
Is there a way to skip the intro/movies?

The first time you play the game there is no way of skipping anything, once it has a save on your card then you can

I've played this on my xbox - but I'm stuck on level 8 and it seems to be 2am lately that I'm giving up in vain for another night lately.

You must be on the brink of finishing the game then, is it the room where you go down a tunnel to get into it? I got stuck there too, took me a couple of hours to get through that, it's very hard.

Can't wait til I start playing this by myself on Saturday night.

Dolby Digital 5.1 - it's gonna be mental :mryellow:

I will be requiring an underwear change every half hour or so.

I had played it round a mates before, we just took turns. And I got to see how great the game was!

And I get scared easily ;)

jogi said:
You must be on the brink of finishing the game then, is it the room where you go down a tunnel to get into it? I got stuck there too, took me a couple of hours to get through that, it's very hard.
Yes...and I'm still on the brink as I have given it a couple of days rest.:shock: Keep getting bazooka'd when I'm upstairs. Little f**kers don't wanna die!:lol: Plus every time I switch off I have to plod my way through from the beginning of the level again....:(

Once you've been upstairs for a while and killed most of the guys, you should go back down and throw some grenades at the machine gun nests. The enemies will keep on coming until you destroy those nests.

Back
Top Bottom