Blur

Coopz

Retired Footballer
27 April 2002
Anyone got the beta of this?

Its a faster Mario Cart style game with proper cars and 20 players online

Very enjoyable game

If anyone has any spare keys i would be grateful if they PM me one ;)

yeah i would love a beta key aswell...game i am looking forward to a LOT...:)

Played more of it and it really is a fun game to play

I have just unlocked the Mods so you can tweak your setup to be aggressive, defensive and a few more things so i bet there are quite a few unlockables in this as well as all the cars

I like the way its all setup because it is very user friendly and the way you choose your track before a race should be added to more games and they have little stats at the end like fastest, most accurate, most damage ect to get you more fans which takes you up to the next level so even if your last you can still get something

I just had a brilliant race as well, i was 1st all the way round and someone got in front not far from the finish. We were going hell for leather and with the line only metres away i had some rockets stored so i manoeuvred behind him and fired all 3 at him which made his back end come out a little and slowed him down enough for me to pass him practically on the line

Great fun and 20 people online is crazy and tense if your trying to hold onto the lead

I have been on it everyday since i got it

Its not a game than you will sit down and play for hours on end though, its just a fun game that you can mix between other games to liven you up and have a laugh

Played this last night for a few races, won my very first race out of the block, then got lots of 2nd and 3rds before one race were I came 8th out of 9. I cant honestly see myself buying the final game. It has good bits but the whole power ups thing is very hit and hope, Turbo, Shield and Repair are simple, the 3 bolts thing is fine too, Shock is interesting, but what exactly does that bloody Orange thing do? Is it a mine?

It is just chaos though if you get stuck in the pack, you really gotta make a play for the lead early on, otherwise you'll end up getting mashed and bounced round the place, and I find that's the difference between this and Mario Kart / Wipeout. In those, you can be bombed out of the race in the 2nd lap, but still be in the mix coming to the end of lap 3, there is no Super Power up that will affect the track or take out many vehicles. I will give it another go, currently at Rank 4, but unless this launches and can be picked up cheap, (and it wont be as it's Activision) I will be waiting for the price drop, sub £20 pick up, or second hand copy.

TBH that's what annoys me about Mariokart, you can be leading for most of the race and then you'll get bombed to hell and some loser in 8th will get the rocket and fire past everyone to win........

Or you get stuck in the pack and you can't get out no matter how well your driving as everyone will just go for the pack leader.

To me it always seems to end up as either in the lead playing defensively (blocking attacks) or just drive along at the back of the pack and hope you get a couple of good items to get into the top 3.

An hour with Blur so far and have to say I'm stoked!

Better than I was expecting, very slick, challenging and an absolute wealth of things to unlock -it's a bit like cod online. The actual racing is great and with 20 cars on the track, there is always something going on.

I clicked with the handling straight away and it's actually less arcadey in a way than i thought. If you start a power slide, depending on your cars stats, you can completely loose it and spin 360, so there is a bit of skill needed.

The weapons are used well and i like the way you can switch between 3 and the way the HUD is done, so if you get someone in your sights, switch to a forward firing missle, but you then get an alert from behind (you can see incoming weapons on the rearview mirror which is always on screen which is cool) so quickly switch to a shield etc.

The tracks are huge too, allowing for lots of short cuts, jumps and wide power slides.

So far, really happy with it. Not tried online yet.

Played another hour or so tonight and it really is great game! Played mostly online and it was always around 10 in a race. Online was smooth and fast and the races were really close and you are always in the action.

What I liked most is that there is always something to 'win' , no matter where you finish, there is xp to win, rewards to unlock and levels to gain - it's very much like cod in that respect.

If split/second is better than this, the I'd happily have them both!

This game is unreal - so addictive!

Been playing mp for about an hour and a half and it's superb, really fast, no lag or any problems and the racing is close and absolutely mental with back and forth weapons... Love it!!!

So it's more than just mario kart with NFS graphics?

Its honestly awesome - more addictive online than when I first played COD4.

Like MNR, the weapons are nicely balanced, so you have some defence against attacks, either through good driving or using a shield/weapon against the incoming attacks.

Its also so fast (and smooth) that you have to be able to drive well and drift etc.

The courses remind me a lot of the ones in PGR, but they are also much (much!) bigger in scale and the track will often splinter off in 2-3 directions and people take completely different routes - usually all meeting up again at a cross over. Its really well done...

£25 is a steal tbf.

Apparently its sold terribly, which is amazing.

could not wait for delivery so i spent 49€ on it today, still pretty cheap for over here

too bad i can't try it till sometime tomorrow

excellent game! very addictive. good selection of cars. nice driving model. fitting soundtrack.

get it! :)

excellent game! very addictive. good selection of cars. nice driving model. fitting soundtrack.

get it! :)

Do you know if you go into the options that you can enable a licensed soundtrack? Its off by default for some reason.

yeah i figured that out after 2 races or so cause i had no music at all...felt strange without :)

Back
Top Bottom