Metallica

Whoosh... Bullshit!
20 August 2003
Pissed up in Sam Platt's
This has got to come back

Rik Mayall and Ade Edmondson do excellent jobs in this comedy
Its one of the best in my eyes, whats everyone else think about it

cricketbat.jpg

My favourite comedy ever. Think it was right for them to retire from it though.. They're getting old now and the shit-kicking must get to them after 12+ years!

The comedy and the timing of it was pure gold - i did prefer the series to the live shows though. Richie falling down the stairs and Eddie getting set on fire for a home video are amongst my highlights! :D

Its being repeated on UKgold 2 and the moment. Its absolutely brilliant, I loved it then and still do now. Its on series link on my Sky+ at the moment.

After a night on the piss...

Richie: What are you eating Eddie?

Eddie: Lard!

Richie: Lard?

Eddie: I'm hungry but I'm too drunk to cook!

Genius.

Sadly I think I can recite every episode line for line, the two best episodes though are Culture - "God I adore chess!" and Digger - "ngnhg ngmhngm nghgm, I'm sorry, I've forgotten how to talk".

babs said:
Sadly I think I can recite every episode line for line, the two best episodes though are Culture - "God I adore chess!" and Digger - "ngnhg ngmhngm nghgm, I'm sorry, I've forgotten how to talk".

I like the one when Eddie plays a prank on Rithie by pretending to be Death.

Rithie: How do you know these things?

Eddie: I'm Death

Ritchie (shouting): HOW DO YOU KNOW THESE THINGS!

I think that one is Apocolypse. my fave episode is Culture, when their TV is taken away. Class.

Metallica said:
This has got to come back

Bit difficult really, at least on TV. In the last episode in Series 3 they both get shot dead, I think by the SAS, after they get hold of a video tape of Prince Charles in a compromising position.

Unless of course it was all a dream, Dallas style. They could come back then. At the end of the day there were 3 series so I suppose thats enough. There's only so many times the slapstick is funny. Overall though the scripting was genius. Ade Edmondson has to be one of the funniest people ever, imo.

Butatista said:
Bit difficult really, at least on TV. In the last episode in Series 3 they both get shot dead, I think by the SAS, after they get hold of a video tape of Prince Charles in a compromising position.
It was the prime minister ;)

"Hello, the colander"

Used to love the episode where they go camping in some dodgy park in London (?Wimbledon Common?), and end up trying to shoot a hedgehog (Uncle Bulgaria) with a blowdart make from a tent pole and one of Eddie's darts. Haha i am pretty sure this was an episode, or maybe i just dreamed it, nevertheless it was fcuking hilarious.

This is my favourite show, Rik Mayall is writiing his autobiograpghy titles "Bigger than Hitler, Better than Christ" :) But they agreed that talking about wank*ng and bollock* and stuff they began to feel stupid because they're both pushing 50.

"Right I guess we have lash some sticks together and fashion some sort of........rifle!"

"No you're not, you're squirling around the place like some sort of evil dervish"

"I was trying to burn it off"
"What? your face?"

"Well write it down then"
"I beg your pardon?"
"Go on! there's a pen, write it down. Write down I'm sorry I'm a twat. Write I'm sorry I'm a twat 10 times!"

I think the live shows are way better than the actual series loads of adlib and trying to out each other!

Best memory of it was Richie stapled his hand to the table, and cut his finger off. He asked Eddie to stop the bleeding and he starts to strangle him.

I just watched the Burglary episode. Richie and Eddie were both stood upstairs, they both hear a smashing sound from downstairs and Richie says "That sounded like the Chesterfield". I know that most things on this show dont make sense but what could that mean ?, Eddies reply "No, I don't think it was that far away"

Metallica said:
I just watched the Burglary episode. Richie and Eddie were both stood upstairs, they both hear a smashing sound from downstairs and Richie says "That sounded like the Chesterfield". I know that most things on this show dont make sense but what could that mean ?, Eddies reply "No, I don't think it was that far away"

The show is set in Hammersmith, which is in London.

The Chesterfield is piece of furniture, and Chesterfield the town is in the north of England. Hence "I don't think it was that far away". The shows humour is built of double-entendres.

Are you from England? If not its likely you will not get some of the jokes.

Back
Top Bottom