Boxing Talk!!

fd1972uk said:
ghazi said:
For the record I have been a big Tarver fan since the Olympics.

And an even bigger Roy Jones Jnr fan. :mrgreen:

FD

LOL - kiss my ass FD - you may have just earned yourself another dissin' by MC Ghazi in the EvoWeb Rap Olympics thread. . . . . . :mrgreen:

Carl Froch fights tonight, the cobra. :roll: Will watch with interest, not sure who else is on the cards tonight.

Also at the weekend De La Hoya and Hopkins are on the same bill and could be future opponents with De La Hoya moving up again to try and capture his 6th (I think) divisional belt. :shock:

FD

fd1972uk said:
Ghazi don't click it man. :l

Knocked da fuck out.

FD

LOL - already have it on my harddrive thanks to Kazaa. Sad stuff, but fresh for boxing.

Maybe if I put George Bush in my avatar he'll get KTFO'd too. :mrgreen:

cant wait de la hoya got robbed big time in his last match, if he wins at wekend i have no doubt he will then retire!

Nah I think he'll have a crack at Hopkins before he goes. The Moseley fight was a joke.

Can't say The Cobra impressed me much last night, won but didn't really look all that special, he seems to throw a weird jab and his defence doesn't look too good, a good puncher will have him biting the canvas. The Canadian guy did well though, very tough.

Junior Witter also fought, disposed of his opponent quickly, wish him and Hatton would get it on.

Barrera fights on BBC in a couple of weeks and also Arturo Gatti next month.

Think Skelton fights this weekend.

FD

It was a great fight to watch last night though, that canadian just wouldn't lie down. He just didn't seem to listen to his corner though, they kept telling him to go in behind the jab and work combos, but he was almost cocky. Don't get me wrong, he's obviously good, but one good punch that gets him when he's showboating or trying something fancy and that'll be it.

its all very well saying that my mate alan page fought him a few months ago and he does have a big punch but froch destroyed him! saying that froch did have like 15 fights more experience!

He should be showing more experience though, his hands are always down and was getting hit a lot from his opponent.

FD

I dont get a chance to watch boxing here in HK, once every friday actually on ESPN, thats about it, oh well looks like ill have to settle with Thai Kick Boxing.

well i watched the Hopkins and De La Hoya double bill last night and what can i say, what a let down!

The Hopkins fight was boring and was a clear safe match by Hopkins who was happy to spend about 10 rounds just letting Allen swing and miss

De La Hoya imo got beaten last night, Sturm boxed very well and De La Hoya looked sluggish and unconvincing at the weight
How those 3 judges scored 115 to 113 to De La Hoya i will never know

Yeah I heard it was a dodgy decision myself. Never saw the fights myself though.

Hopkins still unbeaten for 9 years since losing to Jones :shock: , I haven't managed to see too many of his fights, but the guy must be doing something right.

On the British scene, the Heavyweight contest was a real slug-fest, although Skelton stopped Mirovic (sp?). The guy chucked it, with his trainer saying he could stop Skelton who looked very tired and had a closed eye.

The other fight saw a scadalous decision with Vanzie being beaten by Ward. He won it by at least 3 or 4 points. The ref must've been watching another fight.

See that Calzaghe has pulled out of his fight next week, although sure Hatton is on the bill.

FD

fd1972uk said:
Yeah I heard it was a dodgy decision myself. Never saw the fights myself though.

Hopkins still unbeaten for 9 years since losing to Jones :shock: , I haven't managed to see too many of his fights, but the guy must be doing something right.

On the British scene, the Heavyweight contest was a real slug-fest, although Skelton stopped Mirovic (sp?). The guy chucked it, with his trainer saying he could stop Skelton who looked very tired and had a closed eye.

The other fight saw a scadalous decision with Vanzie being beaten by Ward. He won it by at least 3 or 4 points. The ref must've been watching another fight.

See that Calzaghe has pulled out of his fight next week, although sure Hatton is on the bill.

FD
yeah tha hatton fight is still going ahead, tbh im sick of hatton fights now

im not even interested in this one, its about time he fought someone big

Thought I'd pull this up again just for Ghazi.

Think you need a new avatar, how about these?

a_jones01_ft.jpg

tarverbelts_big.jpg

:twisted:

And old Mikey T is back against Danny Williams, wonder who will win. :roll:

FD

FD'72 - your a fucking prick!! LOL. Even I admit, the KO was some pretty classic comedy. Especially cuz of the smack talking from Tarver, who I always respected. ( he still aint better than Roy).

Im keepin the avatar. . . just think of it as Return of the King cuz he will one day hold crown again, like I did in the Evo Web Rap Olympics.

If Danny Williams cant put up a decent fight against a 100 yr old Tyson then he should retire and sell flowers or something. I cant believe this shit is on PPV tv in the states. No fucking thank you. I will wait for the replay on this shit.

:mrgreen: ;)

Yeah it is getting absurd, although I think Tyson will win and honestly believe he can capture one of the titles too. Although he's old(ish) now, think Toney is still a good bet to become one of the better Heavyweights at the moment.

I can't believe I'm kinda saying this but the most anticipated HW contest I want to see is between 2 british guys, Matt Skelton and Audley Harrison, who has just saw his BBC contract finish - looks like they're ending their boxing on TV. :( Still got De La Hoya fight to watch and the fight from the weekend (Enzo Macarinelli) which I haven't saw or know the outcome.

FD

Well that certainly makes things interesting cuz Harris is a solid fighter. I believe he whupped Diobelys Hurtado to win the title some time ago.

I still wanna see a Hatton-Gatti bloodbath war. Please, Lord, make it happen.

Tell me about Danny Williams, cuz I have never seen him fight. . . is he like Julian Francis' more talented twin? :mrgreen:

Ghazi - Tyson will put him away, no longer than the 3rd round. Wouldn't be surprised if he stops him in the 1st.

Good news on the Hatton front, now to see how he really performs against a good fighter. I'm with Ghazi, would love a Hatton and Gatti war. Also for British Boxing (Scotland in particular) seems Alex Arthur and Craig Docherty are going to get it on at last, two very good fighters and should be brill.

FD

FD - I cant help but think that yoru Braveheart avatar is a function of my rhyme in the Rap thread. . . . . :mrgreen:

Way to go Williams :) Sad that Tyson is still trying really, perhaps he'll call it quits now.

20 punhes without reply from Williams, pretty good going after the beating he took in the opening round. I didnt watch it mind ive only seen the highlights and read the reviews. But have we go Lewis's replacement in the making?

Not from what I've saw of him. I was hoping Tyson could win, but tbh he's finished now and must quit. I hear he's going to call it quits and possibly take up a career in Wrestling (WWE). :shock: :roll: Sad to see the way his career has went. Time to call it a day Mikey. :(

Heard that Skelton and Harrison will at last get it on around 9th October. Hopefully it'll come off, would be a good British fight. Would be excellent to get them and Hatton vs Witter on the same bill.

Didn't see the fight, but heard that Morales won again. Heard it was another very good fight.

FD

I'm glad the Tyson hype train is over. . . for now at least. The man has not had a solid fight since coming out of prison. The best he looked since prison was against Bruno. . . (sorry). . and even a bird can shit on a statue like Bruno.

Tyson has none of the skills that made him a great young fighter. No head movement, no combos, no body pivot, and no probing jab looking to clear space for the thunder right.

Sad ending to a sad career.

Back
Top Bottom