Boxing Talk!!

I used to have a ton of fights in HD on my 1 TB, Judah vs Mayweather included. Sad thing is I tripped over the use cord and damaged something internally so now it doesn't work, otherwise I would have uploaded it to TC. I'll never forget that brawl with Roger and Yoel. Bunch of hotheads. Lol. Roger would have one shotted him if he got a clean shot in. Still waiting for a single of the Kovy Pascal fight . I don't want the whole card.

Both the Lee vs Quillin and Garcia vs Peterson are well worth watching

I couldn't believe how Peterson started handling Garcia, I think it was round 8 onwards, he really gave him some. If Peterson would have started like that Garcia would have got stopped

Both the Lee vs Quillin and Garcia vs Peterson are well worth watching

I couldn't believe how Peterson started handling Garcia, I think it was round 8 onwards, he really gave him some. If Peterson would have started like that Garcia would have got stopped

Thx for the rec. I've been behind in my boxing viewing but will defn check these two fights out.

Anyone catch the final press conference yesterday?

Was it just me or was Mayweather seeming a little nervous perhaps? Pacquiao was far from it, he looked confident and was beaming from ear to ear!

As for the fight I don't know what to predict. For weeks I've been thinking that it would be a typical Mayweather outcome and win comfortably on points. I am not so sure now, I have a sneaky feeling Pacquiao just might do a number on him

A very old Mosley had him badly hurt and in the second Maidana fight he was also hurt from a punch so I live in hope!

Edit:

Here's the video of the press conference:

YouTube - Mayweather vs. Pacquiao: Final Press Conference | Wednesday, April 29th

And that's shared on Youtube by Showtime themselves so no need to report me to the mods for sharing boxing videos which ever cowardly snot did it that time...

Last edited:
I think Mayweather sounds like his usual self, although for the most part I haven`t really heard him speak yet. Just been reading quotes and hearing what ppl had to say about the fight. Will watch the weigh in later and then distance myself from everything boxing until fight time. My prediction for tomorrow with all the celebs in attendance is that we see a masterclass! Getcha popcorn ready:SNACK:

I don't really know boxing, but from the fight, I did enjoy it, and have always said that Mayweather is a more calculated fighter than Pacman...

Did it live to the hype? don't think so...but then, this fight was a few years too late....

Aye. I enjoyed it for what it was even though both guys are past their very best. They are two of my fav fighters so I wanted to see them mix up at least once before they hang up the gloves. I still think they both have a couple fights left in them. Both were in tremendous shape. That said, I think May is done in September. He won't be another Hopkins or Jones who are still fighting to this day. I remember a few yrs ago he said he wasn't going to the let the sport of boxing retire him.

Money - PacMan

Didn't enjoy the fight. I did think FM won it with 2 or 3 rounds to spare. Although I see Manny bleating about a shoulder injury, but I'm not having that, didn't throw enough punches and very unlike him. I thought FM was lucky not to be pulled earlier in the fight by the ref for constantly holding and stuff.

FD

Money - PacMan

Didn't enjoy the fight. I did think FM won it with 2 or 3 rounds to spare. Although I see Manny bleating about a shoulder injury, but I'm not having that, didn't throw enough punches and very unlike him. I thought FM was lucky not to be pulled earlier in the fight by the ref for constantly holding and stuff.

FD

I had a good exp watching the fight at a party. Most of ppl there were casuals and for some it was their first time watching Mayweather fight. It was a pro Pac house that got really loud whenever Pac threw combos so it was fun in that regard as ppl were into the fight which is all you can really ask for if Mayweather is across the ring. Pac fought at Mayweathers pace and got popped with the jab and straight right hand all night so it's no surprise he lost. Now that the dust has settled and info is coming out I do feel a bit cheated about the whole injury thing. It's not like I bet a large amount on Pac, but if I did I would be pretty peeved.

May v Pac

Yeah your right. I'm disappointed with the whole Manny response, for me it's smacking of sore loser tbh and that's one thing I thought I'd never say about him. I do like watching Mayweather, for me he's the best I've saw, yeah he's more defensive, but he has it to an art. I did actually want Manny to win though (not in a huge way, just love his style and his persona). Does seem he could be in a bit of bother though.

FD

May v Pac

Yeah your right. I'm disappointed with the whole Manny response, for me it's smacking of sore loser tbh and that's one thing I thought I'd never say about him. I do like watching Mayweather, for me he's the best I've saw, yeah he's more defensive, but he has it to an art. I did actually want Manny to win though (not in a huge way, just love his style and his persona). Does seem he could be in a bit of bother though.

FD

I use to like Mayweather`s fighting style back when he was a featherweight and junior lightweight. At those weights he had legitimate KO power and tried to finish guys when he had them hurt. I`m over their fight now and ready to move on to fresh new matchups.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4fBMv6-xiM

Omar Figueroa vs Ricky Burns 8.5/10 Defn Worth a watch!:APPLAUD: Canelo vs Kirkland later. Should be another good one.

Canelo Alvarez vs James Kirkland. 8/10. A must see fight :APPLAUD:

Wow. What devastating KO.

Will watch Joshua later tonight. A lot of ppl are really high on him and for good reason. He`s got a good look, background, speaks well, and a crowd pleasing style. If he continues to win he will be HUGE!

Fury vs Wlad is on!!! Rooting for Fury but think Wlad takes it. Lead up to the fight should be entertaining

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/boxing/33418747

Canelo vs Cotto is also near complete. Great fight. Cotto has looked like a completely different fighter since hooking up with Roach. His left hook is one of the best punches in the sport. I think he has too many miles on him and my prediction is Canelo by SD. I think it's a war and ppl will want to see them do it again.

Back
Top Bottom