Boxing Talk!!

Canelo vs Cotto super fight is officially on for November. Should do a huge gate with the wild Mexican and Puerto Rican boxing fan base. Also, looking forward to Mares vs Santa Cruz at the end of this month. Two top fighters in their physical prime going h2h

Might be worth going early. That event could be jam packed when you look at the guest list. Either way I'm sure you'll have a good time

I've been to Wrestlecon twice and they have prices on there site for the individuals, this seems a similar event for boxing but no prices are on that site for individuals.

nor an option to purchase a ticket online prior to headingo out either, that allows you to budget for who you want.

Agreed. Love those type of fights. Defn a must watch. Also grabbed Tarver and Cunningham. Haven't watched it yet. Hope it's not a dull affair

The cruiserweight division hasn't been relevant in years. Welterweight and Middleweight is where all the big money making fights happen. Honorable mention, to light heavy as there is some good talent there.

So has Floyd finally retired? I'm not so sure. I'm thinking an insane amount of money would convince him to come back for one last fight. Something close to 90-100 mil guaranteed purse. No one would turn that down. I'm hoping he stays retired and all these fighters in the welterweight division opt to test themselves against the best guys in their weight class instead of calling out Floyd for a big money fight. I get it. It's prize fighting after all. We would all do the same thing. I've seen all of Floyd's fights and to me he's the most gifted complete fighter I have ever seen but certainly not the best ever. Not of fan his persona, but always respected his skill. In the ring he always left me wanting more. Choosing to play it safe when he could have let hands go and taken guys out leaves a sour taste in your mouth as fan. His best performances in the ring happened years ago at lighter weight classes. My top 3 are Floyd vs Corrales, Gatti, and N'Dou. All 3 are defn worth a watch!

Just returned home a few hours ago, had an incredible 7 days in Las Vegas, top experience.

Certainly look to do it again in a couple of years or sooner if Floyd 'returns'

I told ya soooo. Always a good time in Sin City. There's nothing like a big fight atmosphere. You have to experience it to believe it. Glad you got to.

This blows. At least we got GGG and Lemieux in a few weeks. Should be a barn burner. Everyone should check out Santa Cruz vs Mares when they get a chance. Two top guys in their prime going at it. Rare these days

Last edited:
Golovkin vs Lemieux 6.5/10

The fight was kind of a let down. I expected more from Lemieux. He couldn't get past GGG's jab and push the pace. He had a couple of nice moments but that was it. Didn't expect the early ppv buys figures to be so low. I read under 200k. Ouch. He will get more eyes on him if he fights Cotto or Canelo.

Cotto vs Canelo 2 nite. Should be a good one

afp_546614850_77704420.jpg

It's decent 6 or 7 out of 10, best fight on the undercard is Takashi Miura vs.Francisco Vargas you definitely have to watch that one! That's a 10 out of 10 fight.

It's decent 6 or 7 out of 10, best fight on the undercard is Takashi Miura vs.Francisco Vargas you definitely have to watch that one! That's a 10 out of 10 fight.

+1. Wlad vs Fury this weekend. Fury is more than capable of winning a decision if he sticks and moves and doesn't get starched in the process. Putting cash on Fury is not a bad bet.

Back
Top Bottom