Boxing Talk!!

Fight is almost here. Let's hope we get a good one:COOL:

Wladimir-Klitschko-and-Tyson-Fury-weigh-in.jpg

Wlad vs Tyson

Wlad got outboxed. He had no inside game to go to. Wlad used to stand and trade, and it got him ko'd in previous fights. He has been boxing ever since and when he needed to get inside, it wasn't there. He hardly ever threw body-shots and I always said that if he ever got behind in a fight he would find it hard to come back and score a ko. He isn't that type of fighter. Rematch probably next May. Maybe Old Trafford.

Wlad vs Fury

I like and don't like in equal measures with Fury, however as he pointed out after the fight, a lot of it is to play to the crowd/camera. But fair play to the big man though did a great job, Wlad just didn't look like he'd ever get into it. Totally deserved the win and I called it 115-112 like a couple of the judges. Mind you I'd have deducted a few points for murdering my wedding song. :D

Looking forward to Joshua v Whyte in a couple of weeks, good card too.

FD

Joshua v Whyte

In the end he started to overpower Whyte, however that 2nd round must have worries showing as a more experienced fighter could have had him out of there.

FD

Watched some of the boxing over the weekend.

David Haye

Looked in good shape and as expected did a quick job on the guy, good finish mind you.

And fair play to Jon-Jo Shelvey, impressive debut for Newcastle and then goes head to head with Wilder, and puts up a decent performance too.

WTF was Fury doing too. :BORED:

Weird finish in the other HW fight too for the IBF title.

FD

Weird finish in the other HW fight too for the IBF title.

What I don't get
why was that a TKO win and not a no contest? Accidental injury guy couldn't continue and before the end of the 4th round, if it was a clash of heads it would be a no contest so why not with a knee injury?

Martin v Gladzkov

I think that still counts as TKO, just like when Lewis beat Klitschko, because he had to retire through injury.

FD

Martin v Gladzkov

I think that still counts as TKO, just like when Lewis beat Klitschko, because he had to retire through injury.

FD

Didn't
that one get stopped through injury caused by a punch? In which case it is a TKO not least because it was in the late rounds, this fight didn't even make the end of the 4th which is the cutoff point for a no contest and was an accidental injury not caused by a punch, not a big deal of course, both seemed quite limited and I think it was clear Martin was pre-destined to win so he'd be an easy KO for Wilder to unify two of the belts, keeps all the money in the same promoter's pockets.

Last edited:
Martin v Gladzkov

Not sure really then, did the ref stop it because he quit, he did speak to him a couple of times, not sure if that counts as a tko. Was bizarre mind you. You may very well be right in the Wilder thing. Maybe Joshua should try for it, think he'd take care of him whilst the other 2 do mandatories.

FD

Martin v Gladzkov

Not sure really then, did the ref stop it because he quit, he did speak to him a couple of times, not sure if that counts as a tko. Was bizarre mind you. You may very well be right in the Wilder thing. Maybe Joshua should try for it, think he'd take care of him whilst the other 2 do mandatories.

FD

I read some more
and apparently it's only possible to make it a no contest if the injury was the result of a foul (eg Hopkins v Dawson I), if you have an accident then it's a case of "shit happens".

Weight classes are their for a reason, the entire match up was made for Canelo to KO Khan in devastating fashion

Khan v Canelo

Was always going to end up this way. Khan was doing brilliantly, but he ain't 1. Got the chin for that weight and 2. The power to put these guys out. It was always going to end up like that, one clean shot (which was a beauty) and that was going to be it.Khan will need to look at this weight division and see if he has the desire to just stick with the names there, the bigger paydays are up the weight classes, but he ain't gonna have a jaw if he wants to go down that route.

Chisora v Pulev

That seems to be Chisoras last hurrah, he's a tough guy but was well beaten, how one of the judges scored for him I will never know.

Crolla v Barroso

What a brilliant performance by Crolla, just let the guy punch himself out and then took his opportunity brilliantly.

Looking forward to next couple of months in the boxing.

FD

Thurman vs Porter 9/10. :))Barnburner and early FOTY contender. Props to Kell Brook for going up in weight to take on GGG. The guy has ballz. I hope he gives him a boxing lesson. Sadly, I think GGG will have too much power in the end. He's got a very good job, straight right hand combination that will be too much for Brook imo. Will GGG ever go up in weight? All they are asking for is this guy to go up one weight class and he won't do it. Its mind boggling when you consider history. Oscar did it, Floyd did it, Manny did it, Roy, etc. The list goes on and on

I'm surprised no one said a word about Wilder VS Fury II before the fight.
Damn, Fury torn him apart.
Congrats to England. Great fight. Great boxer.

Back
Top Bottom