BRAZIL thread

:P
10345806_10152540938777146_7273508635856449406_n.jpg

Thanks mate, but we don't need luck. :SMUG:
We got the refs on our side! :BOP:

That's about the best thing that happens in a Brazil match these days. Damn do this current team look subpar! I felt Mexico actually controlled large portions of the match.
The way things are going this team won't go very far.

Paulinho back in and Fernandinho to play the Luis Gustavo role?

I don't think Brazil will go much further. The entire team looks subpar when attacking. Mark Neymar out of the game and you're gold!
Fred and Jo are an utter waste of space. Felipão is too stubborn to change things, but the truth is that Brazil would benefit from a false 9 system at this point.

Paulinho back in and Fernandinho to play the Luis Gustavo role?

I don't think Brazil will go much further. The entire team looks subpar when attacking. Mark Neymar out of the game and you're gold!
Fred and Jo are an utter waste of space. Felipão is too stubborn to change things, but the truth is that Brazil would benefit from a false 9 system at this point.

That's exactly what I think. Scolari could out Fred and put Willian or Hernanes that could improve the output of the ball, putting Hulk as a false 9 (a role already played at the Porto) and without having to sacrifice much in the way that makes dialing currently. Nor do I agree with the casting of Daniel Alves, who has an avenue on his back.

Looks like he's changing his system. In the middle of the World Cup! Wow!

Today training was reported to be carried out on a 3-5-2 with Fred subbed by centre back... wait for it... Henrique!
I feel sorry for Dante if that is true. How on earth Henrique could get ahead of him is beyond me.

Also, a rigid 3-5-2 just like in the 2002 World Cup? Come on Felipão! Football has moved on.

Apparently Maicon was tested as a Dani Alves replacement. I'm not convinced by either of them. But at least the 3 defenders will make them less exposed.

If all that is confirmed, Big Phil will be showing his true colours and embracing the ugly football he loves. Truth be told, we were playing dreadful football with the 4-5-1, now we might as well play the same dire football but at least look solid at the back.

So it could look like this:

-------------J.Cesar--------------
--Henrique---T. Silva---D. Luiz---
--------Paulinho---Fernandinho----
-Maicon------------------Marcelo--
--------------Oscar---------------
---------Neymar----Hulk-----------

Bear in mind that, knowing Felipão, this has 5-3-2 written all over it, with both fullbacks being part of a 5 men backline.

This worked somehow in 2002. Now we only have Neymar. No Rivaldo or Ronaldo or Ronaldinho... oh dear.

In 2002 with work because your Wing-backs were terrific and the team had the three R's upfront to do all the damage. This time around, I don't think Maicon and Marcelo are very comfortable covering all the wings, knowing when to go forward and when too stay, etc. Plus since Scolari does not allow your DMF's/CMF's to go forward, all the expenses offensively will lay on Oscar, Neymar and Hulk, which are miles away from the 2002 trio. Hulk on the middle is poor. He lacks tactical discipline and his game is basically overpowering people on the right and swing inside for a powerful left shot. At Porto, as a CF he struggled immensely.

But with Fred and Jô as alternatives, I think is better to have someone who can actually do any think there, even if is not his best role.

Looks like he's changing his system. In the middle of the World Cup! Wow!

Today training was reported to be carried out on a 3-5-2 with Fred subbed by centre back... wait for it... Henrique!
I feel sorry for Dante if that is true. How on earth Henrique could get ahead of him is beyond me.

Also, a rigid 3-5-2 just like in the 2002 World Cup? Come on Felipão! Football has moved on.

Apparently Maicon was tested as a Dani Alves replacement. I'm not convinced by either of them. But at least the 3 defenders will make them less exposed.

If all that is confirmed, Big Phil will be showing his true colours and embracing the ugly football he loves. Truth be told, we were playing dreadful football with the 4-5-1, now we might as well play the same dire football but at least look solid at the back.

So it could look like this:

-------------J.Cesar--------------
--Henrique---T. Silva---D. Luiz---
--------Paulinho---Fernandinho----
-Maicon------------------Marcelo--
--------------Oscar---------------
---------Neymar----Hulk-----------

Bear in mind that, knowing Felipão, this has 5-3-2 written all over it, with both fullbacks being part of a 5 men backline.

This worked somehow in 2002. Now we only have Neymar. No Rivaldo or Ronaldo or Ronaldinho... oh dear.

He did something similar before the last game (tested a more defensive formation) which is likely be used only in a desperate attempt to hold an advantage IMO

tonight

cesar
maicon - t. silva - d. luiz - marcelo
fernandinho - paulinho
hulk - oscar - neymar
fred

Neymar out of the World Cup with a fractured vertebra :(
Massive blow.

We will get there in the end, we still got Fred :COAT:

Back
Top Bottom