British Comedy Awards 2006

Cloud1863

Premiership
10 December 2004
Stoke City
Did anyone watch this? I enjoyed some of it but never as good as previous years. Some of the winners were a little strange, although it is down to personal preference.

Ant and Dec are not funny, neither is Charlotte church but below both these people in my book of least funny is the one and only Harry Hill. This guy is an idiot, that is not completely true as he has a medical degree but his comedy is pathetic. He walked away with two awards.

Leigh Francis wasn't very funny, Sacha Baron Cohen would have been better being Borat but I understand he is sick of that atm and wants to just enjoy these kind of nights.

All credit to Jonathan Ross, the guy is a script but for some reason I can deal with it.

Best TV comedy actor

Stephen Merchant - Extras (BBC Two)

Best TV comedy actress

Catherine Tate - The Catherine Tate Xmas Special (BBC Two)

Best comedy entertainment personality

Harry Hill - Harry Hill's TV Burp (ITV1)

Best male comedy newcomer

Russell Brand - Russell Brand's Got Issues (E4)

Best female comedy newcomer

Charlotte Church - The Charlotte Church Show (Channel 4)

Best TV comedy

Peep Show (Channel 4)

Best comedy entertainment programme

Harry Hill's TV Burp (ITV1)

Best international comedy show

Curb Your Enthusiasm (More4)

Best new TV comedy

Star Stories (Channel 4)

People's choice award

Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway (ITV1)

Outstanding contribution to entertainment

Chris Tarrant (wtf, when has he ever been funny, only his show was funny and he presented it.)

Only thing funny about Ant and Dec is that one of them has a Fivehead. Man...Frankenstein would be jealous!

Chris Tarrant? :lol: Only thing funny about him was that when he got caught he said, "Loads of people do it, but i'm the one who makes the papers".. twat.

Don't watch nothing else on there apart for Curb.. classic. :)

Harry Hill on Tv burp is hilarious!! That programme is brilliant - His humour is silly and is very funny for it.

Just had to defend him there.

OK my thoughts on the night.

The lifetime achievement award was a joke, if anything Chris Tarrant proved how unfunny he is with that ridiculous acceptance speech.

Leigh Francis showed how completely boring he is when not in character, what a try hard.

Charlotte Church, whaaaaaaaaaaat!!!. Since when has she ever been funny, her show was shite.

Harry Hill's show is really funny, but he showed he can't do improvisational humor on the night.

Ricky Gervais and Stephan Merchant were genuinely funny in my oppinion.

Jonathan Ross was the star of the show with his well scripted jokes.

As for Ant and Dec, they are funny when they play off each other.

Back
Top Bottom