British football announcers

gomito#10

World Cup Winner
9 May 2003
DC, USA
Guys name some of your favorite or some of your most hated british announcers

I love the guy that does league Un for sky with tony casgrino, if anyone can tell me his name, i would be grateful

what do you guys think of Martin Tyler?

Martin 'I will scream at every opportunity to get onto an end of season Sky Sports montage' Tyler is a cunt.
So is Andy Gray.
John Motson arse licks the big clubs.
Alan Parry gets a hard on when big teams play.
Peter Drury is a fucking nitwit.
As is Clive 'Oh I say' Tyldesly.
Jonathan Pearce is ok, but goes all sanctimonious.
Rob 'Oh I have my tongue in Real Madrid's arse' Palmer is a bit of a twat.

As for co-commentators: David Pleat is a kerb-crawling arrogant fuckwit who can't say names properly and claims he spotted every single player for Spurs.... Who the fuck is Yossi Benanoon and Zinedon Zidanee?!?
Trevor Francis is just a moron who is stuck in the 80's.
Mark Bright is gay.
Gerry Armstrong is the fucking worst.... arrogant cunt who thinks he knows it all cos he can recite some facts about players and has to show off by pronouncing players full names and their dog's favourite food.
''Oh it looks like Real Madrid are bringing on Jose Maria Gutierrez Hernandes''.
Just say Guti you fucking inbred cunt.

HTH

Of the modern day commentators, I quite like Steve Wilson and have always liked Gerald Sinstadt.
Brian Moore, Barry Davies and Gerald Sinstadt... proper commentators.

Last edited:
Martin 'I will scream at every opportunity to get onto an end of season Sky Sports montage' Tyler is a cunt.
So is Andy Gray.

As for co-commentators: David Pleat is a kerb-crawling arrogant fuckwit who can't say names properly and claims he spotted every single player for Spurs.... Who the fuck is Yossi Benanoon and Zinedon Zidanee?!?
Mark Bright is gay.
Gerry Armstrong is the fucking worst.... arrogant cunt who thinks he knows it all cos he can recite some facts about players and has to show off by pronouncing players full names and their dog's favourite food.
''Oh it looks like Real Madrid are bringing on Jose Maria Gutierrez Hernandes''.

HTH

Of the modern day commentators, I quite like Steve Wilson and have always liked Gerald Sinstadt.

The award for post of the day goes to you :)

hahah awesome, keep it comming boys, i really want to know who does the league 1 games with casgirino.....

So is Andy Gray.

Mark Bright is gay.

HTH

Aaaaa lol :lmao: fantastic post :lol: !!!!

Pascal Chimbomba
Another hilarious Pleat pronounciation of a player he supposedly spotted! :lol:

There's too many shit commentators these days, the ones on Sky do my nut in, and ITV's makes me go for the mute button on the remote - we all know Clive Tyldesley is a closet Man Yoo fan the way he blarbs on about "that night in Barcelona". I hate the fact that Sky got the rights to show Welsh internationals, so instead of having BBC Wales' commentary team, we now have to put up with Alan fuckin Parry, a Scouse Red Shite no doubt - suppose he was the nearest they could get to Welsh!?

Motty does my head in these days, he's stuck in 1966 whenever you hear him commentate on internationals, made me scream during the World Cup last year. He must be the only commentator who still thinks England are a good international side. Put him with David Pleat and you've got The Unpronounceables, I mean, "Martin Djol"? Has he taken elocution lessons? What?!

The commentators of the old days were the best.

I have to turn Motson off because I don't want to know if the players' mother cancelled the milk this week or what they got their wife for their birthday. He also does this annoying mid sentence giggle and tries to make every 0-0 game sound like the best game ever.

Put Motty and Lawrenson together in the commentary box and you got a good reason to throw a brick at the TV. Or worse, Mark Bright.

I had to laugh on thursday i was watching Bremen v Alkmaar on stv.com and John Gregory WTF!!! that guy is a pure grade-A, i almost destroyed Villa single handedly, thats why i am at QPR i'm so good thick CUNT!!

Has no idea about european football but WHY was he let loose to co comintate on that game ](*,)

Ahh he was the most arrogant cunt of a football manager until Moanrinho came along.

BTW saunders... think it is probably Rob Hawthorne who you refer to.

He is alright I guess, but reminds me of championship football when we were there:shock: :(

Great post steevio_uk. Couldn't agree more.

Best of the best was Barry Davies. Unfortunately he retired from football commentary for some reason. He now commentates lesser sports like tennis and athletics. He was a class act. Commentating how it should be done. Without overburdening the viewer with shite talk, he knew what to say and when to say it - unlike most of the wasters on show these days.

Worst of the worst is David Pleat. Most of the ITV team are idiots, but this guy take the prize as the biggest. The guy is an absolute disgrace. Having no clue what he is on about, as well as pronouncing players names cringeworthingly wrong on a regular basis. The guy is a complete fucker.

And I used to think Big Ron was cringeworthy, but Pleat takes it to a whole new level.

Arsenal vs. Bolton game commentators was off -n- on (difficulties) and I enjoy the game much better hearing the players and ball being kick around then the commentators

is that Alan Shear commentating FA CUP?

Last edited:
i hate jackie fullerton bbc ni hes a bullshitter. in a champions league qualifier he seemed to know that 1 of hamstads players had "a sweet left foot". how the fuck would he know this. fuckin dickhead annoys the balls of me.

Back
Top Bottom